Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
(:
Webkinz :)
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

Angry Something that I do not like.

Ok it kinda bothers me a bit when there is a thread in the help section asking 'How do I post pictures?'
-The 1st person gives them the link to the guide
-The 2nd person posts the exact same thing
-The 3rd person posts says 'well it looks like your question was answered, choose the best answer and it'll be closed
-A 4th person comes and posts the exact same thing again!

And this happens on almost every thread that I looked at in the help section and it just looks like they are fishing for rep and a 'thank you'. I understand that maybe the thread was made at 10:05 and 2 people posted the same thing at lets say 10:07 and 10:08. That isn't a real big time difference and the second person could have been working on their post. But what I saw was a few hours later and it was the exact same thing! So it looks like to me that maybe they didn't even know the answer, they just copied another persons to make then look like they were really smart and knew it too and now they're taking credit for what the other person said

If its a link to a guide,that only needs to be posted once, or you can explain what it says in the guide in your own words, but if its something like 'Help what webkinz should I get next' that could have a lot of different responses so I guess its ok then.

If you do do this I'm not asking you to stop. I just wanted to post what I thought. Thank you for taking the time to read this
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Something that I do not like.

well whenever i post their, i try to add something extra, like an extra link or some information or shortcuts, if everyone did that, threads would never close!
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #3

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

Great thought! I always look if the thread has enough helpful answers before I post. Thanks for sharing!
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by pokemon2
well whenever i post their, i try to add something extra, like an extra link or some information or shortcuts, if everyone did that, threads would never close!
That's nice of you to do that, its a good idea. As long as you don't post the exact same things that the others posted

View Post Originally Posted by Dudeness
Great thought! I always look if the thread has enough helpful answers before I post. Thanks for sharing!
Same here. Thank you

Last edited by Dot Jr.; 07-08-2009 at 08:52 PM..
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Honestly, I don't like the new "Best Answer" system (I think it prevents further discussion which could reveal new info, and sometimes I have seem the answer chosen as best WRONG (though a mod got to it, I think)). I never post on a thread that already has the right answer, though, unless I can add something that could help
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 07-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

I agree.

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
Honestly, I don't like the new "Best Answer" system (I think it prevents further discussion which could reveal new info, and sometimes I have seem the answer chosen as best WRONG (though a mod got to it, I think)). I never post on a thread that already has the right answer, though, unless I can add something that could help
I don't reply either. I like then new system, I haven't seen a wrong answer yet. I made my own thread and all possible answers were posted and the last one was to call my laptop producer so I picked that one. I usually try all possible choices.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #7

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Well, It doesn't really bother me, but it does seem silly to post the exact same thing. Maybe add a little info and it would be better, but just the same thing is pointless.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

yeah, like what i see is that the newer members usually post duplicates, and the older, wiser, members add information.
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #9
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

I guess that I kinda agree... It irks me too sometimes, but there is no rule saying that we can't post the same answer twice... So, technically they aren't doing anything wrong.

When there is a thread that already has the right answer, I just skip over it and don't post at all, or I give them more info on the subject

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
I'll be honest and say that I don't really like it either...

What if someone made a thread and one person responded with an answer that sounded fairly right. You mark it as "best answer" cause maybe it's coming from an experienced member or even maybe a Moderator. The thing is, their answer might not be right... Nobody is perfect and not everyone will always give you the right answer. So, I think it's best to wait awhile and see if anyone else posts something different before going to select the best answer

Last edited by dotdotduck; 07-08-2009 at 09:14 PM..
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #10

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

I try to explain things differently, or add something else. But it doesn't really bother me much. What's done is done.
Closed