Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #31
mileycyrusrox454
Webkinz :)

sprinkles018 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Someone stealing our info!

And how do you know its from here, where we get pics is the same they go.

It doesn't have to be from us
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2007, 07:50 PM   #32
bubblegum550678
Gifted

bubblegum550678 is on a distinguished road

Yay Justin! wait... is this stuff copyrighted? *scrolls down* YEAH!! it is so does that mean whatever site is doing this there breaking a copyrighted issue? the law or something??
Old 11-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #33
DO NOT PM ME AT ALL
Gifted

ilovewebkinz1234 is on a distinguished road

Lots of sites take our info. No surprise to me. When you become the best Webkinz site, you have to know that other people will take it. That's why we provide it! So everyone can know! Not everyone uses this site, and they need to provide their users with the best info possible.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #34
Indydogma
Gift Guru

Indydog will become famous soon enough

They are just jealous. It is a compliment in a weird way that Justin and Wendy have set up such a reputable site.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #35
lyezbi2459 and
Gift Guru

lyezbi2459 has a spectacular aura about

That is not very fair I don's think they should be doing that it is not fair becuase we found out this first so they are taking our information
Old 11-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #36
animalz07
Gifted

animalz07 is on a distinguished road

one site stole our karina and cheeky racoon pic and claimed it theirs!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #37
Gifted

Kittygirl72 is just really niceKittygirl72 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by sprinkles018
WHO CARES!
I don't mean to sound rude but lets say someone here is on a other site, too! Can't they share the info? if you don't want people to share it don't even post it. I'm sorry but really WHEN YOU POST IT ITS OUT! Its on the internet and anyone can read it!

(Not to be rude )
I think everyone cares... even Justin.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #38
lyezbi2459 and
Gift Guru

lyezbi2459 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by animalz07
one site stole our karina and cheeky racoon pic and claimed it theirs!!!!
Now that is not fair at all!!!!!!!! What site please tell Justin might need to know
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #39
Gift Guru

Freya is a creator of wonder
Freya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonder

I agree it's not right for other sites to copy information from here, from recipes, to pet pictures to news.

Because the heart of it all is information. Intellectual property. One of the things that keeps this site going is the sponsors, the members and the staff. We come here because of the community and the most up to date information that is built on Justin's relationship with Ganz and the info we share amongst one another. That drives more people to want to be members here and attracts sponsors who advertise here who eventually pay for the servers, staff and upkeep.

It keeps the wheels turning and it's not ethical that other sites copy information.

Just my 2 cents.....
Freya is offline Female
Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #40
calaxgoalie
Gifted

calaxgoalie will become famous soon enough

Well, alot of people do that stuff, and technically speaking it is pladerizing, but Justin and Wendy made this site free to anyone, so "technically speaking", any one could coppie the information on this site, it would be nice and again, techniccaly speaking, they can't not give us credit, but because this site is free, they techniccally can take the info without giving credit. I think giving credit is the right thing to do, but not all people do that.
(For instance www.guk.ca steals like ALL our info.)

Hope this helps!
Good question!
Have a terrific day!

Elemant's owner,
-Calax
Closed