Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #31
alexabird7
Banned
karategirl7 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Think before you post a thread here!

View Post Originally Posted by Ergoiam
While I understand what you are saying, consider this, new members are coming on site every day and for those of you who have been around for awhile I'm sure that you have had several of these post re-hashed however for those of us who are new - it is just that - new so where's the harm.... if you have seen it before move on to something that is of interest to you...

As someone who is fairly new I don't mind seeing the same thing from more than one person because people have different points of view... I'm just glad several members took the time to post how to PM because I didn't know how and I caught a couple of leaves and I am so glad that I found this site it has made Webkinz just that much more fun.. Officially off soapbox now. Just hope they get WW up and running again my gardens are in need.
That's very true.
karategirl7 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #32
Webkinz :)

mead is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

Gee, as a newbie, I have been encouraged several times to post...Now I am concerned that I'll be unwittingly redundant.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #33
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by mead
Gee, as a newbie, I have been encouraged several times to post...Now I am concerned that I'll be unwittingly redundant.
Don't worry about it! Most people don't feel that way and are more than happy to help out a new member!
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 10-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #34
mileyrox512

I agree! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #35
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Great thought but if someone or say 7 people got the POTM are you saying only 1 out of 7 people get to post a thread about it? I know that those are repeatitive but people are proud of what the accomplsih. Oh and about the complaining, I agree with you that it's not only rude, it's also VERY annoying. If you are concerned or annoyed by something please don't make a whole thread about. Although this does not apply to people who are having problems or issues and need help. About the threads that give advice on to help members or to be good members, all of them have different tips if you actually scan through them!
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 10-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #36
KStew ate muh
Banned
Bridget12xo is just really niceBridget12xo is just really nice

Well, I think multiple threads might help because I never search through the whole section just to find the topic I'm looking for, and I have no clue who does . . . you're off to a good idea, though!
Bridget12xo is offline Female
Old 10-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #37
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Good idea!
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 10-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #38

kaesumsmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good advice.
kaesumsmom is offline Female
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #39
cheekeemonki is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by karategirl7
I have seen the same threads over and over again in WI. I think that before you post a thread you should consider a few things and ask yourself the following questions.

Before you post a thread, answer these questions:
1. Have I seen a thread similar to this before? If so, how long ago was it posted?
2. Why am I posting this? Is it only to get noticed or to get a few rep points?
3. Will this thread help WI members?
4. Picture this thread one month from now. Will it most likely be closed?
If you have answered "yes" to any of the following questions, you might want to reconsider posting it.

Threads that been posted multiple times:
Threads relating to rep points
Threads telling you how to be a good member
Threads complaining about a certain topic (this isn't necesarily a repeating thread, it's just rude)
Threads stating that you got a specific item (unless you haven't seen it before)

So please think about this before you post a thread.

It's interesting what some people define as being rude... I think this post was on the ouchy side and I for one feel that most post offer some element of helpfulness. I also think that new members are trying to figure out how to use webkinz and this website... it has nothing to do with wanting to be noticed.

So the next time you post a message like this... please think about what you were feeling when you were a new member
cheekeemonki is offline Female
Old 10-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #40
alexabird7
Banned
karategirl7 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by mead
Don't be concerned, I mean this to all of the old members.
karategirl7 is offline Female
Closed