Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Some sort of... signal/symbol for external links in Siggies

I like to click links in siggies, but I don't like going to other websites when I click. I think the links will take me to threads, but when I click, they take me to another website. Is there some way we could put some sort of symbol by the siggie link so we know it will direct us to another site? Thanks!

Example... (this link will take us to a different site. Notice the [^] symbol. This makes us aware that this will take us someplace out of WI.)

Click here to learn about _______! [^]

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Some sort of... signal/symbol for external links in Siggies

I can certainly relate with being taken to different sites, some of them with ads and such. Just the other day I clicked on a siggie link by accident , and was taken to a "rick-roll" video website that required 5 minutes of clicking out of message box popups to exit.

I suppose we can always use the "think before you click" policy, but we're not to blame if the person was vague in their link (i.e. Click here for a cool website!).

Honestly, I think that it's the person's responsiblility to tell the clicker where they're going, maybe some sort of disclaimer.

While I think this is a good idea, I think it's just best if we flag an inappropriate siggie, because I'm not if Vbulletin can do this, and I'm sure lots of people would forget to put the symbol. Also, if you mouse over the link, you can usually tell what the URL is (on the bottom left of the screen it should show) before you click.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

well,they technically you can.

on my browser (IE on windows vista) if you put your mouse over a link it show the URL. [see attachment].
i'm guessing you don't have this. /:
Attached Images
File Type: jpgscreenie windows.jpg (109.9 KB, 18 views)
softballipod is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by softballipod

on my browser (IE on windows vista) if you put your mouse over a link it show the URL. [see attachment].
That's just what I was talking about. Thank you for the picture!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

What I do is mouse over the link:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-links-634603/

Then I look at the bottom of my screen and it will give me the website:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

I do what Baby_G does! My siggy has 1 link like that. Its for my dragon cave eggs (Eggs), but I don't see a big problem with mine. The rest are Wi threads. I think there are certain sites that you should not be able to link to!

Edit: I also think the free rice and free kibble are acceptable sites, also. I just thought of that.
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by softballipod

View Post Originally Posted by samoyeds43
That's just what I was talking about. Thank you for the picture!
View Post Originally Posted by Baby_G
What I do is mouse over the link:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-links-634603/

Then I look at the bottom of my screen and it will give me the website:
Click the image to open in full size.
View Post Originally Posted by jasonaldeanmg
I do what Baby_G does! My siggy has 1 link like that. Its for my dragon cave eggs (Eggs), but I don't see a big problem with mine. The rest are Wi threads. I think there are certain sites that you should not be able to link to!

Edit: I also think the free rice and free kibble are acceptable sites, also. I just thought of that.
I never knew that, LOL! Rep for all of you, thanks!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

I just don't write 'click here!' I just write 'Click here to go to (Place)' That way people know where they're going. If everyone did that it would be a lot easier.
labsrock is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by labsrock
I just don't write 'click here!' I just write 'Click here to go to (Place)' That way people know where they're going. If everyone did that it would be a lot easier.
Well, we don't have that much room to write, so that will make me, have to shorten my thread list.
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

I think that's a good idea. Though, maybe we shouldn't just go clicking random links in signatures....
lilhorselover is offline Female
Closed