Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Some sort of search engine for GEs?

Hello!

I was just thinking that WI could use a more efficient way for searching for specific items in the GE.

Okay, so let's say you really need that Bengal Tiger PSI from your wants. Nobody has offered it to you in a trade and you need it- ASAP.

So you mosey on over to some friends' GEs. No luck.

So you have to find one SOMEWHERE, right?

One thing you could do is search "Bengal Tiger" PSI in the search engine and narrow it down to posts inside the GE section.
You get this big list of people's GEs and also some threads that have the words "Bengal Tiger" in them. (GEDCT, question threads etc) So you decide to narrow it to one letter to get rid of some of that junk. Okay so you click on so-and-so's GE. But there is no red bolded words anywhere, no tiger PSI on their haves, it's on their wants. Or maybe, it is on some post somewhere else on the thread, someone offered it to them or they used to have it. You may go through 20 some GEs before you find one with one in stock.

My idea for you is to create a special search engine for the GE especially. It would search only the first posts of people's GEs/their haves list, and would only search in GE threads.
Or maybe ad an "only search first posy of thread" option to the exsiting search engine.

I am open to suggestions for more efficient ways to search for specific items in GEs!!
Thanks for taking your time to read, please comment/rate the thread!
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

♥Lovey♥ is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Some sort of search engine for GEs?

Good idea! I'm not gifted, but that could be very helpful!
♥Lovey♥ is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I remember posting this along time ago-- I belive I was told that we could just use the 'Search this thread' thingie for that section... or there was something about doing something on Google too.. but I don't remember that. I still think the search engine idea should be added, though.

Here's a link to my idea thread ---> http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...finder-461176/

Last edited by Lake; 10-19-2009 at 05:29 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

Great idea! That would be very helpful! And maybe there could be an option where you could search their want items. So you could help other people out too.
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by HawaiianBreeze
Great idea! That would be very helpful! And maybe there could be an option where you could search their want items. So you could help other people out too.
Great idea!
View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I remember posting this along time ago-- I belive I was told that we could just use the 'Search this thread' thingie for that section... or there was something about doing something on Google too.. but I don't remember that. I still think the search engine idea should be added, though.
Great minds think alike, as they always say.
Hmm.
Yes I suppose you could go to a GE and search their thread for something, but it would be quicker if we had something like we suggested.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
Great idea!

Great minds think alike, as they always say.
Hmm.
Yes I suppose you could go to a GE and search their thread for something, but it would be quicker if we had something like we suggested.
I think it would be much easier, too.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

awesomely awesome idea!!! i have always wanted something like this when i was looking desperately for kc coins. and i looked on like 10 ge's and i couldn't find them! this would be an awesome idea! i don't know how it would work though. maybe you could type the "official" name of an item in a box if you have it .and then someone who wanted it could search for it by typing the name of the item in a search box and it will show the ge's that have it. idk if it is possible though

awesome idea. rep!

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 10-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

I don't feel its needed. How desperately could you need an item anyway? and, even though some people don't like it, its alot easier to go into a trading room on WW because there are always so many people on at once, somebodys bound to have the item you are looking for (:

Good suggestion though
Old 10-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

This could definitely make everyone's lives much easier!

and the vbulletin search thing isn't very effective. It just shows you what threads mention have those words in them, together or not... :/ The words "Bengal Tiger PSI" in the search engine will show you a billion threads that would take FOREVER to sort through!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
I don't feel its needed. How desperately could you need an item anyway? and, even though some people don't like it, its alot easier to go into a trading room on WW because there are always so many people on at once, somebodys bound to have the item you are looking for (:

Good suggestion though
I don't mean this in a mean way, but I think you would understand why TexasGirl and other GEers would want this option if you were in the Gift Exchange. Also, the Webkinz Trading Room isn't always the safest place; people scam other people for items, or sometimes the items get lost. In the GE, however, you know who your trading with, what items you are to recieve and send, and if that trader has a good reputation from their past trades.
Closed