Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #71
Izzi Stormheart
Gifted

princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Some Profile Pages Could Cause Seizures!!

I have taken to wearing my sunglasses to view some of you kids profiles!

Just kidding, but I think this is an important subject to bring up. I totally agree dahling!

Thank you for always thinking of others!
princesstiara is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #72
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by benyen
well i did and i think gingerly needs to learn about this so called disorder. if you have seizures you most likely grow out of them and i pretty much growin out of mine im edited. so learn your facts before you write a thread.

---------- benyen added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

dizzyness does not have any thing to do with seizures.

ummm wow first Gingerly is trying to help the whole WI family, she wasn't trying to offend anyone. In fact how can her concern be offensive, I think you have other issues and are attacking Gingerly needlessly. Second of all I understand you were fortunate enough to outgrow your seizures which is fabulous, congrats. BUT many many many people are not so fortunate. My uncle is well into his 50s and still suffers from seizures, I think he is pretty much out of the he'll grow out of it phase. Thirdly lemonwedge wasn't saying that dizziness had anything to do with seizures, she was agreeing that some profiles are so animated they even make someone without a seizure disorder have problems.
Disneymum is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #73
poodlekisses

thanks you for the info!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #74
You're dang straight
Webkinz :)

lala908 will become famous soon enough

yah, I have seen quite a few like that, they make me feel like I am at a rock concert.lol
lala908 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #75
hey macarana!
Gifted

lemonwedge is a jewel in the roughlemonwedge is a jewel in the rough

[quote=benyen;9418954]well i did and i think gingerly needs to learn about this so called disorder. if you have seizures you most likely grow out of them and i pretty much growin out of mine im edited. so learn your facts before you write a thread.

---------- benyen added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

I was saying that sometimes when i look at profiles it makes me dizzy
lemonwedge is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #76
You're dang straight

lala908 will become famous soon enough

It also makes me feel like I am at a laser show, those things can blind you.lol and I used to have one like that, but it wasn't deadly it was dark colors, and only 4 different colors,so......
lala908 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #77
hey macarana!
Gifted

lemonwedge is a jewel in the roughlemonwedge is a jewel in the rough

this thread should be a sticky
lemonwedge is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #78
~Jordan~

theres a lot of peoples profiles like that! its so annoying and gives me a headache...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #79
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I know a few people who have this disorder, Those blinking profiles could land them in the hospital. I think a rule should be made for no blinking profiles.
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 03:34 PM   #80
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

How common is photosensitive epilepsy?

Around one in 131 people have epilepsy and of these people,We have 100,256 members on this forum. (that means that we MAY have 7653 people on this forum who are Photosensitive) up to 5% have photosensitive epilepsy (this means that we have 383 people who WILL have a seizure from these pages!)
This is when seizures are triggered by certain frequencies of flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns such as stripes or checks.
Photosensitivity is more common in children and young people and is less commonly diagnosed after the age of 20.
Most of our members ARE in this median age group.
How can I tell if I am photosensitive?

Many people find this out because they have a seizure when exposed to flashing lights or patterns.
A tonic clonic (convulsive) seizure is the most common type of seizure to be brought on by photosensitivity, although this may vary from person to person. If a seizure happens due to photosensitivity, it will normally happen straightaway.
Some people with photosensitive epilepsy also have seizures that are not triggered by flashing lights or geometric patterns, while other people may only have seizures due to this trigger.
When an Electroencephalogram (EEG) is carried out, a flashing light test, called photic stimulation, will often identify if you are photosensitive. The light test is stopped if it looks like you might have a seizure.

What frequency of flashing light is most likely to trigger a seizure?

Between five and 30 flashes per second (hertz) are the common frequencies to trigger seizures, but this varies from person to person. (Most of these pages that Gingerly is talking about have intermittent flashes of one every TWO seconds, the potential for CAUSING a seizure is HIGH RISK in these cases.)
While some people are sensitive at higher frequencies than 30 hertz, it is not common to be sensitive below five hertz.
What patterns are most likely to trigger a seizure if I am photosensitive?

Some people are sensitive to geometric patterns, which have strong contrasts of light and dark eg. stripes or checks. These might be on a TV or computer screen, or something in the natural environment, such as sunlight through trees, or through venetian blinds. Such contrasting patterns are more likely to be a trigger if they are moving, changing direction or flashing, rather than if they are still.
Common triggers for people with photosensitive epilepsy include:
  • television, video games, or computer graphics - the images that are on the screen
  • a television or other screen that flickers slowly - the flicker rate of the screen itself
  • strobe lights
  • sunlight coming through a line of trees
  • sunlight on water
  • looking out of the window on a train
  • looking at a moving escalator.
Ok, now bearing all this in mind...Why should I as a user who IS very sensitive to flickering light (They trigger severe migraines and if I am there for more than a few moments, I also risk vomitting) Have to be the one to shut off the user customizations. There are SO many different layouts to chose from that there is no need for such flamboyance and VIBRANCE! I love being able to see how others 'decorate' their profile and define themselves, but I avoid the 'flashers' and very rarely leave a message for them, even when I SEE that they are wonderful people who I would like to talk to.

Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed

Tags
please make this a rule!, this should be a rule, would be a great rule