Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #61
Marilyn is a
Gift Guru

zingergirl77 has a spectacular aura aboutzingergirl77 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Some Profile Pages Could Cause Seizures!!

I get terrible headaches when I see those! Sometime they don't go away until the next day. I try to avoid going to people's profile pages that I don't know just in case. Thank you so much Gingerly for addressing this to people!! I agree with lkemper! It should be made a rule!! Rep points to both of you!

---------- zingergirl77 added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by KABearAK1217
Oh I didn't know! My gosh! Is mine bad? Can one of you check? I don't want to hurt someone!
Oh! No, yours is fine!! It's just profiles with the flashing pictures and the BRIGHT colors and dizzy things!! Your's is cute!!

Last edited by zingergirl77; 07-30-2008 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
zingergirl77 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #62
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

Ohhh Ginger, I totally agree with you, Im not sure if everyone is aware of the lil "Hide Customizations" button and even at that..sometimes its a challenge finding and seeing it..lol I mean I love everyones creativity on their profiles but the seizure issue, as silly as it may sound to some..can be a very serious health issue to those that can be effected, I would definitely support it being a rule. This reminds me of a stoplight around the corner..its prone to accidents on that intersection so they put one of those flashing probes on it when its red..it drives me crazy and makes my eyes wiggy as I patiently wait for the light to turn green..but scary to think when they are trying to prevent accidents, it will cause an accident if it sets someone off into a seizure!
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #63
edward luvvs
Webkinz :)

googielee116 is on a distinguished road

ive totally seen profiles like that!!!!!!!!!!!!
googielee116 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #64
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

Hey Gingerly...I couldn't agree more...on some of the ones I've seen I couldn't hit HIDE USER CUSTOMIZATIONS fast enough...
Once I couldn't find it at all because of the graphics so I just left

Last edited by NascarFan; 07-30-2008 at 01:24 PM..
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #65
FLORIDA HERE I AM

superstar1200 is on a distinguished road

hey gingerly is my profile page ok i sent u a pm but u never responded
superstar1200 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #66
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by benyen
well i did and i think gingerly needs to learn about this so called disorder. if you have seizures you most likely grow out of them and i pretty much growin out of mine im edited. so learn your facts before you write a thread.

---------- benyen added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

dizzyness does not have any thing to do with seizures.

I am truly sorry if I offended you, Benyen....I would cut off my right arm before
intentionally hurting any member's feelings.
I would not start a thread about a topic I knew nothing about...
.....Seizure Disorder is a medical Classification.
.....Under that Classification falls all the different *types* of Seizure Disorders.

If you are "growing out of your seizures" I'm sincerely happy for you.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #67
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by benyen
well i did and i think gingerly needs to learn about this so called disorder. if you have seizures you most likely grow out of them and i pretty much growin out of mine im edited. so learn your facts before you write a thread.

---------- benyen added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

dizzyness does not have any thing to do with seizures.
My sister used to work with an adult woman who has seizures. She never grew out of hers.

And even if it was the case that you always "grow out" of them, what if someone here has not "grown out" of theirs yet? We have such a diverse group of people here, and many are at different life stages. These are not cookie cutter situations, and just because your case ended one way, it will not be the same for everyone else.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #68
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by Chantili
Great thread! I have a very colorful background to my profile, but I haven't animated it. I remember when I first joined WI, I made an avvie that was a psychedelic image... but after seeing it a few times, I got to thinking that it might be best to remove it because some people could have an adverse reaction to it. So, although I loved it, I removed it for the safety and consideration of others...

I don't think lots of people, myself included, always think about how certain things can be seen completely different by other people. I think this thread helps make people more aware of how something as simple as a personal profile page can, in fact, have a unintended negative impact on others.

Video games have warnings on them telling people of the risks of possible seizures caused by the animations. These warnings show before the game even starts... Some of these profiles should have the same warnings !!
I appreciate your input on this topic. Thanks so much.

View Post Originally Posted by mom2hnemi
Ohhh Ginger, I totally agree with you, Im not sure if everyone is aware of the lil "Hide Customizations" button and even at that..sometimes its a challenge finding and seeing it..lol I mean I love everyones creativity on their profiles but the seizure issue, as silly as it may sound to some..can be a very serious health issue to those that can be effected, I would definitely support it being a rule. This reminds me of a stoplight around the corner..its prone to accidents on that intersection so they put one of those flashing probes on it when its red..it drives me crazy and makes my eyes wiggy as I patiently wait for the light to turn green..but scary to think when they are trying to prevent accidents, it will cause an accident if it sets someone off into a seizure!
You're so right...I'm sure it must be quite scary for some people.
...I also know that flashing lights, can signal the beginning of a migraine headache
for certain people.

View Post Originally Posted by Nascar20Fan
Hey Gingerly...I couldn't agree more...on some of the ones I've seen I couldn't hit HIDE USER CUSTOMIZATIONS fast enough...
Once I couldn't find it at all because of the graphics so I just left
That's exactly what happened to me yesterday! I finally hit the back button.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #69
Rawrr!

Iluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of lightIluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of lightIluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of light

This is very helpful! I once saw a profile that was so animated I didn't even see the hide customisations button! Yall are right there should be a rule about this!
Iluvwebkinz167 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #70
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerly
When designing your Profile Pages, please know that *Flashing* animations can
cause some people who have Seizure Disorders, to actually have a seizure.
.....I don't have this disorder, but I just left a Profile Page that surely would
have thrown me into a seizure if I did! It wasn't just a simple animated graphic,
but a full-on flashing display. ( I couldn't get out of there fast enough! )
.....Please be considerate of members who will visit your *WI Home.*

I have thought this same thing some really make my eyes wonky and tired and if I was seizure prone I know I would be having one. Some really do need to be toned down. I support everyone's right to creativity but please be considerate of those with potential disorders or those of us whose eyes are not what they once were.
Disneymum is offline Female
Closed

Tags
please make this a rule!, this should be a rule, would be a great rule