Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #51
please ask
Webkinz :)
dolly219 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Some Profile Pages Could Cause Seizures!!

Yes i have seen profiles like that and it made me dizzy i had to go lie down on the couch. Yes the pages are cool but not safe please be kind to others!!!
dolly219 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #52
Gifted

katie885 is just really nicekatie885 is just really nice

yeah. i don't really like the ones that do that.
katie885 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #53
chubchub loves Cake
Gift Guru

angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible
angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible

Thanks Gingerly for bringing this to our attention
Hugs Angel
angelofharlem is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #54
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

also, the ones with backgrounds where you can't read the text they're so uncomfortable...
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #55
smallville89
Gift Guru

danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!

Benyen, I am appalled by your remarks and your behavior, especially towards one of our kind and helpful Moderators, as well as some of the other members.

For starters, posting your age anywhere on the Internet is unsafe and not allowed on WI.
Second, I happen to be a teacher who has worked with a number of kids with all different types of disorders, seizure ones included so I *do* know what I am talking about.

This thread was meant as a friendly suggestion, not to degenerate into an argument.
Disorders cannot be helped, however, behavior and word choices can.

Last edited by danathorn; 07-30-2008 at 11:22 AM..
danathorn is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #56
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way
pounder knows the waypounder knows the way

Well said Danathorn.
pounder is offline Male
Old 07-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #57
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

i had a friend who had frequent seizures due to a brain tumor. it certainly wasn't something she grew out of, and i think it just goes to show that there can be many, many different reasons someone may experience seizures and for that reason, there are different treatments and recoveries. this thread in no way has ever suggested there is only one.

i think it's a completely valid point that some profiles are very loud and busy and can make people dizzy - i've gotten dizzy and i don't have seizures.

but, i have learned to quickly change the page or turn off the custumizations if i can see that spot!
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #58
Fo show
Gifted

Chantili will become famous soon enough

Great thread! I have a very colorful background to my profile, but I haven't animated it. I remember when I first joined WI, I made an avvie that was a psychedelic image... but after seeing it a few times, I got to thinking that it might be best to remove it because some people could have an adverse reaction to it. So, although I loved it, I removed it for the safety and consideration of others...

I don't think lots of people, myself included, always think about how certain things can be seen completely different by other people. I think this thread helps make people more aware of how something as simple as a personal profile page can, in fact, have a unintended negative impact on others.

Video games have warnings on them telling people of the risks of possible seizures caused by the animations. These warnings show before the game even starts... Some of these profiles should have the same warnings !!
Chantili is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #59
rdettling10

Wow, a deadly page?? That's bizarre.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #60
Call me KBear!
Gifted

KABearAK1217 will become famous soon enough

Oh I didn't know! My gosh! Is mine bad? Can one of you check? I don't want to hurt someone!
KABearAK1217 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
please make this a rule!, this should be a rule, would be a great rule