Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #171
Fo show
Gifted

Chantili will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Some Profile Pages Could Cause Seizures!!

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerly
I do know, that in people who suffer from migraines, the attacks are made more
severe by flashing lights.
How ironic that you say this... I, unfortunately, suffer from migraines, and let me tell ya, there are days when I have to just turn off the computer because of all the flashing! I belonged to a group that I just loved until all of a sudden, they started changing the backgrounds and text boxes to flashing colors, and things that were hard to read. It gave me BAD migraine headaches. Unfortunately, I no longer visit the site for this reason. I really liked it, but just couldn't risk getting a trigger headache from it.

And now, the more I read on this thread, the more I am able to respect that there are others out there who do care about this issue, and it has made me rethink my outlook on making my personal siggies, avvies, and profiles all crazy. (even though I do have certain things that I just LOVE!!)

Again, I thank you so much for bringing this topic to light! (no pun intended! lol)
Chantili is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #172
lovedemi

Thank you for posting this!!! I do not have such a disorder,however, I have been to peoples profiles that I have to leave. One time I even got a severe headache! There are probably at least ten profiles I could name. Again Thank you!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #173
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for mentioning that...my friends cousin could have a siezure from the profiles or even the signatures and avvies....thanks again!
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #174
MamaTaz
Gift Guru

MamaTaz has a spectacular aura about

Hello everyone. Gingerly, thank you for posting this thread. I think it was a very thoughtful idea. I have a website here that you might find interesting that may help to clarify wht might and might not create a seizure and I will PM it to you as well.

I hate to see people "flying off the handle" unnecessarily, and hate to see things taken too lightly on the same note. Food for thought: IF someone is aware that they are prone to seizure activity, more than likely they are to take some precautions to help eleviate the possibility of that happening, however, I do think it might be a good idea to set some rules on the "flashies" on WI as well.

When I was about 8, I had a good friend in school that was known for having what they used to call "grand mal seizures" and I can assure you that it is not something fun to watch. I can vividly remember seeing him go through one of his episodes and it was one of the most scary things I have seen in my life and..well...I have two kids now, so that's pretty bad.

I also have a friend of mine that has them now because of something that happened to him when he served in Vietnam. What is scary for me about him is I communicate with him via the internet and voice chat. There have been times when he has had one while I am talking to him and can hear him having one, but I can't see what is happening and certainly can't do anything about it.

Honestly, I am not sure what is worse, seeing one, or only being able to hear one.

Bless you for your thoughtfulness.

http://www.birket.com/strobes/Librar...0rev070704.htm
Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #175
JosephJonas
Gifted

polkadot911 will become famous soon enough

What do you think, mine profile too... Joseph Adam-y?
polkadot911 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #176
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by Chantili
How ironic that you say this... I, unfortunately, suffer from migraines, and let me tell ya, there are days when I have to just turn off the computer because of all the flashing! I belonged to a group that I just loved until all of a sudden, they started changing the backgrounds and text boxes to flashing colors, and things that were hard to read. It gave me BAD migraine headaches. Unfortunately, I no longer visit the site for this reason. I really liked it, but just couldn't risk getting a trigger headache from it.

And now, the more I read on this thread, the more I am able to respect that there are others out there who do care about this issue, and it has made me rethink my outlook on making my personal siggies, avvies, and profiles all crazy. (even though I do have certain things that I just LOVE!!)

Again, I thank you so much for bringing this topic to light! (no pun intended! lol)
You've shared your pain to bring insight to us.......
Thank you so much

View Post Originally Posted by MamaTaz
Hello everyone. Gingerly, thank you for posting this thread. I think it was a very thoughtful idea. I have a website here that you might find interesting that may help to clarify wht might and might not create a seizure and I will PM it to you as well.

I hate to see people "flying off the handle" unnecessarily, and hate to see things taken too lightly on the same note. Food for thought: IF someone is aware that they are prone to seizure activity, more than likely they are to take some precautions to help eleviate the possibility of that happening, however, I do think it might be a good idea to set some rules on the "flashies" on WI as well.

When I was about 8, I had a good friend in school that was known for having what they used to call "grand mal seizures" and I can assure you that it is not something fun to watch. I can vividly remember seeing him go through one of his episodes and it was one of the most scary things I have seen in my life and..well...I have two kids now, so that's pretty bad.

I also have a friend of mine that has them now because of something that happened to him when he served in Vietnam. What is scary for me about him is I communicate with him via the internet and voice chat. There have been times when he has had one while I am talking to him and can hear him having one, but I can't see what is happening and certainly can't do anything about it.

Honestly, I am not sure what is worse, seeing one, or only being able to hear one.

Bless you for your thoughtfulness.

http://www.birket.com/strobes/Librar...0rev070704.htm
Thank you for sharing this personal information and for taking time to do it.
I appreciate it so much.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 08-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #177
Webkinz :)
skatingprincess32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like all of those flashing lights either. It gives me a headacke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #178
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

zomgz! sezures? WOW.
x pookie x is offline Female
Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #179
nettne

nettne is a glorious beacon of lightnettne is a glorious beacon of lightnettne is a glorious beacon of light

I hope those who use the crazy flashing images benefit from this thread & care about how their choices dramatically can affect others - while being totally unintentional they have the power to change the outcome once they are Informed. Many things do bring on seizures, quickly flashing images, strobe lights, blowing on a pinwheel... also many video games do it too. My niece has seizures, so I know how hard it is for her & us. you never know what could happen & how disturbing it can be. Thanks for this thread.
nettne is offline Female
Old 08-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #180
I ♥ Photograph

Meerkat97 is just really niceMeerkat97 is just really nice

Whenever I see those bright, flashing avvies, siggies, and profiles my eyes hhurt so bad. And I will occasionally get a minor headache. This should be a rule! ASAP!!!
Meerkat97 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
please make this a rule!, this should be a rule, would be a great rule