Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #141
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Some Profile Pages Could Cause Seizures!!

View Post Originally Posted by breezy25
how do u view other my pages?
Are you talking about the webkinz "My Page" if so this is the wrong thread.
webkinz101 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #142
MagicMom FrapFreak
Gift Guru

MagicMom is a jewel in the roughMagicMom is a jewel in the rough

What do you mean specifically about flashing? Bright colors and/or fast movement of objects? Or any movement at all?

I only ask for clarifications because I have noticed same avies and siggies are difficult to read because of movement. They can be distracting, too.

Colors like white, yellow and pastels are very hard to read.
MagicMom is offline Female
Old 07-31-2008, 08:53 PM   #143
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by CherryPinkPig
Yes, very well said DixieCup. These profiles/siggies/web pages (basicially anything that flashes) pose a very big risk. You are also correct in saying that most people with seizures disorders don't even know they have it until their first attack. We didn't know my niece had the disorder until she dropped after watching The Wizard Of Oz at school and ended up in a 17 minute seizure. We couldn't even finish her light testing phase of her EEG because the tech said her brain was seizing so much that she was afraid she would send my neice into a seizure that we wouldn't be able to get her out of.

I really believe that this should be a very strick rule with consequences just as stick. This really could be a mater of life or death for someone.
Wow I never knew that this disorder could be a life or death matter.I've never really heard of this disorder till this thread. I think this thread is great and could teach others.

---------- webkinz101 added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by MagicMom
What do you mean specifically about flashing? Bright colors and/or fast movement of objects? Or any movement at all?

I only ask for clarifications because I have noticed same avies and siggies are difficult to read because of movement. They can be distracting, too.

Colors like white, yellow and pastels are very hard to read.
I think they mean flashing like when a picture flashes 1 flash per second.I would give examples but they hurt my eyes. If you type "Flashing Avatars" in your Google Search Bar and got to the Iconator link then you'll understand what I mean.
If you can't find the link then Click Here.

Last edited by webkinz101; 07-31-2008 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2008, 08:57 PM   #144
Edward Cullen is soo
Gifted

Sissy Kinz has a spectacular aura about

O I sooo agree I really don't have anything moving on my profile or bright colors it really should be a rule tell Justin or Wendy!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:12 PM   #145
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz101
Wow I never knew that this disorder could be a life or death matter.I've never really heard of this disorder till this thread. I think this thread is great and could teach others.

---------- webkinz101 added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

I think they mean flashing like when a picture flashes 1 flash per second.I would give examples but they hurt my eyes. If you type "Flashing Avatars" in your Google Search Bar and got to the Iconator link then you'll understand what I mean.
If you can't find the link then Click Here.
I actually think it would be more like 3-5 flashes per minute. One flash per minute is really slow, imho. I don't know for certain.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #146
hoa! I'm a
Webkinz :)

*3caitlyn3* is an unknown quantity at this point

do u think mine is ok? come look at it
*3caitlyn3* is offline Female
Old 08-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #147
Don't be such a

kitteylover is on a distinguished road

wow gingerly, you care so much. I went on another webkinz site, they dont even care! even if you die!

But you, Wendy, and Justin care. Once i got a dizzy flu from a profile. I made a poem for you guys. I hope you like it. its short though:

I respect wendy and the rules of WI,

I usually dont respect rules, because i kinda cry.

Thats one, here is another for you guys:

Wendy: so beautiful so tall, if i hang on i wont fall.

Justin: a guy , with kindness and sweetness, id like to give him a call.

Hope you like!

*Ps* You can tell i didn't copy it because theres no one in my heart except you guys.
kitteylover is offline Female
Old 08-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #148
dancingmoon9

violet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond reputeviolet77 has a reputation beyond repute

It totally agree. Sometimes less is more and by that I mean simple patterns like flower repeating are better than a glittering object and a billion glittering flowers all over the place. Thanks Gingerly!
violet77 is offline Female
Old 08-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #149
FireClan

It so totally true.

My sister Arabelle auctually has seizures to bright lights, luckily, she didn't see the profile I saw earlier.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #150
Sandpiper10

MuzicKittenz is just really niceMuzicKittenz is just really nice

I totally agree on making a rule stating that you can't have flashy profiles. I don't have this disorder but I totally agree with you Gingerly =D

Last edited by MuzicKittenz; 08-01-2008 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MuzicKittenz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
please make this a rule!, this should be a rule, would be a great rule