Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #91
Merry Christmas!
Gift Trainee

lkemper has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Some Profile Pages Could Cause Seizures!!

Everyone I see with a bright profile like that, I will give them a link to this thread!
lkemper is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #92
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerly
Isn't it funny how kids hear things so differently.
Grande Mal is a seizure involving all 4 extremities. Petite Mal (French for small)
involves one side of the body or just upper or lower extremities.
( sometimes it's just a twitching motion.)
Yes...her eyes and bottom lip would twitch and that was pretty much it for hers...her grandfathers were much more severe...
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #93
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

How heart-warming to see how thoughtful and considerate our WI *family* is.
This is just one small reason, I'm so proud and honored to be a staff member of
this site.
If you don't mind, I'd like to say something here......If you happen to come upon
an extremely animated Profile Page, please don't type in a message telling that
person to change it.....that could embarrasse them to the point of tears.
Our members work very hard, and are proud of their Profile Pages....please don't
hurt their feelings in any way. Many of our members are young and try so hard...
egos are fragile. Try to think about how *you* would feel........
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #94
Webkinz :)

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by GreenPunk
Like many others, flashing patterns can give me serious headaches, too......I mean, isn't looking at a screen of light enough?!
Exactly! I have bad eyes and even lighter things make my eyes hurt. Then, you see these big flashing lights...It gives me headaches and hurts my eyes, along with [I'm sure] many other people's too!

View Post Originally Posted by Nascar20Fan
Yes...her eyes and bottom lip would twitch and that was pretty much it for hers...her grandfathers were much more severe...
Oh my that's terrible.

How heart-warming to see how thoughtful and considerate our WI *family* is.
This is just one small reason, I'm so proud and honored to be a staff member of
this site.
If you don't mind, I'd like to say something here......If you happen to come upon
an extremely animated Profile Page, please don't type in a message telling that
person to change it.....that could embarrasse them to the point of tears.
Our members work very hard, and are proud of their Profile Pages....please don't
hurt their feelings in any way. Many of our members are young and try so hard...
egos are fragile. Try to think about how *you* would feel........
I think that's very true Gingerly. Even if you PM them, I'd suggest saying it in a polite way, even just to change the speed to one flash every second or so. I know that, since mine does flash too, that I worked so hard on it that if even the *slower* flashing would hurt somebody's eyes and they asked me to change my entire profile, I'd be upset. Maybe asking somebody something in a PM so it's private something like:

Quote:
Hi there I think your profile is LOVELY! You must have worked very hard on it. It kind of hurts my eyes though, and if somebody has a disorder that big flashy animations can trigger, they could have a seizure. If you ever have time, might I suggest changing some of the pictures, or even just changing the speeds?
That's just something that I'd come up with. I'm sure that all of the adults would understand, but as you yourself said Gingerly, it could upset a child....

I too am delighted to see that everyone in WI is so caring and nice about everything. We're all just one big happy *virtual* family

Last edited by CocoLion; 07-30-2008 at 06:03 PM..
CocoLion is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #95
Gift Guru

webkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshine
webkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshine

I don't like the bright flashing profiles! They hurt my eyes!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #96
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by allton
Gingerly,

Thank you. You have brought tears to my eyes. I had seizures in my preteen years which was enough to keep me from obtaining a driver's license until I was eighteen. I was given an EEG, but apparently something other than the lights were triggering my "episodes". I was truly blessed to have grown out of the seizures even though we never found the source. (I of course was only concerned with makeup, boys, and Madonna at the time so I didn't pay much attention to my health except when it was failing me - and honestly most times I didn't realize what had happened.) I do have sensitivity to extreme motion and flashing (it reminds me of morning sickness - ugh!) even though I no longer have major problems. My best friend was diagnosed with epilepsy last year (she is *mature* like me) and is degenerating. Yes - she is on medication, but her quality of life has changed dramatically. She is not allowed to drive at all - which impedes her freedom an she has been cautioned against having children. (this is the worst part of her condition) Often in life we make poor choices or do things that seem harmless that end up having major effects on our lives or the lives of people around us. I applaud your empathy to this issue and your willingness to bring it to the forefront of everyone's attention! Thank you for your genuine concern and your beautiful heart!!
I applaud and thank, your courage in posting this for all to see....I know it couldn't
have been easy for you.
I'm so happy things worked out well for you.....and may I add....your friend is
is blessed indeed, to have a friend like you.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #97
pheeny
Gifted

Distractseasily has a spectacular aura about

When designing your Profile Pages, please know that *Flashing* animations can
cause some people who have Seizure Disorders, to actually have a seizure.
.....I don't have this disorder, but I just left a Profile Page that surely would
have thrown me into a seizure if I did! It wasn't just a simple animated graphic,
but a full-on flashing display. ( I couldn't get out of there fast enough! )
.....Please be considerate of members who will visit your *WI Home.*

This caught my attention because I have a few family members that are prone to seizures. Thank you for thinking to put a warning out. I don't have as much free time to browse profile pages, but I skim the posts from time to time.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #98
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by benyen
it would be nice if you would be quiet. and i dont have problems so im sorry about your uncle. but gingerly said sorry and i eccept the apology. i did take things to serius. alot grow out of seizures my docter even said that. my step grandpa has seizures and hes in his 70s.
Goodness...Disneymum is one of the bestest, sweetest, nicest people you'd ever want to meet on this site...I proudly call her my friend...asking her to BE QUIET is somewhat rude...no one has asked you to be quiet...it be nice if you gave everyone else that same respect!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #99
Webkinz :)

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Nascar20Fan
Goodness...Disneymum is one of the bestest, sweetest, nicest people you'd ever want to meet on this site...I proudly call her my friend...asking her to BE QUIET is somewhat rude...no one has asked you to be quiet...it be nice if you gave everyone else that same respect!
Almost everyone is very wonderful, genuine, and sweet here; I'd just suggest ignoring those posts; It irks me very much too...I think it's better if we don't start something

Last edited by CocoLion; 07-30-2008 at 06:27 PM..
CocoLion is offline Female
Old 07-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #100
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by CocoLion
Almost everyone is very wonderful and sweet here; I'd just suggest ignoring those posts; It irks me very much too...I think it's better if we don't start something
Agreed............
Closed

Tags
please make this a rule!, this should be a rule, would be a great rule