Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
You are
Gifted

Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!

Default :Some Info For New Members: What To Do On WI:

Hiya everyone!

I thought about making a thread for all of the new members for a reference on some things they could do on the forum.

General Information:

Private Messaging: Once reaching 10 posts, you will be able to Private Message other members. Click the "PMs" Under the word "User" in the top left under the Pig with the helmet and under the User CP.
To create a new message, click "Compose Message". You will be able to type in usernames in which you want to send whatever you are sending. Be sure to separate the names with an ;
Ex; Catza; webkinzrocktheworld

Making Posts: If there is a certain section of the forum that you wish to post on, click the thread that you choose. Scroll down to the bottom to do a "Quick Reply". If you want to do anything else, click "Go Advanced". Then click Submit. If you've made a mistake, click "Modify" on the bottom right of your post.

Making New Topics: Do you have a thread you want to make? If so, click a section in which you'd like to make a post. Ex; I am doing WI Rules & Suggestions, so I click that. Then click the "New Topic" button. Then there you go! After everything is finished, of course, click "Submit New Thread".

Profile Pages: Profile Pages are one of the newer additions to Webkinz Insider. To get to your profile, click your username where it says "Welcome, [insert member name here]. If your profile looks really...plain, visit this guide made by mom2hnemi. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t338594.html

Subscribed Threads: When you post on threads, you either automatically get it in your subscribed threads, or, if you chose not to, you'll have to do it manually. When a new post is posted on one of your Subscribed Threads, the title will be bold with the word "NEW!" beside it with an orange colored star.

User Control Panel: The User Control Panel is located right under the pig with the helmet on the Webkinz Insider banner. You can go to the User CP to check if you've got any reputation, and edit any settings. When you click "Edit Options", you can choose to use Invisible Mode, which makes you appear offline on the forums and on the online user list. V Card Download allows members to download your email and username. It is much advised not to check this one off. You can also select your gender, or leave it blank if you want. The next on the Options is "Receiving E-mail from Administrators and Members". If you do not want either, do not check the boxes off. Next option is to Subscribe or not. If you would like to subscribe to every thread you post on, leave it on subscribe. If not, change it to "Do not Subscribe".
You and disable and enable Private Messaging. Check off the box if you want to receive messages. If you want notification on messages, check off "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up". You can also select the font and color you want your posts to come up as on every thread.
"Show Avatars"
"Show Signatures"
"Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)"
These are all options you can check. If you want all of these shown on your account, leave them checked off.

Next is the display of the threads. I use the Forum Defaults.

Also, there is an option to set the time zone you are in. Mine is at Central Time.
For start of the week, I use Sunday.
You can also change the Forum's Layout, or Skin. "Blue Colors" is much more different from the "Webkinz Insider Default". The "iPhone" skin is used for if you are on Webkinz Insider on your iPhone.

Becoming Gifted, Gift Guru, & Gift Trainee: To be able to trade with other users, you must become Gifted. Webkinz Insider has set up something where you become "Gifted Trainees" first, getting trained by a Gifted Coach. To become a Gift Trainee, see this guide by Gingerly. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-t327735.html
MissyK's guide explains everything. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html

Being Gifted: Once becoming a Trainee or Gifted, you can start trading, go to "The Gift Exchange!" http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ange-f142.html See other threads for a reference on how to make yours.

WIGEV [Webkinz Insider Gift Exchange Value] Guide:
For all info on the value of every Webkinz World trading item, refer to this thread made by the Webkinz Insider moderators and administrators.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html

Alright, that covers quite a bit, now onto some things to do!

#1 Check out the Hi, My Name is Joe section! http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/hi-im-joe-f158.html
It is a great place to introduce yourself to the WebkinzInsider Forum! But remember not to share any personal information.

#2 Once you've made a few friends, you can check out the General Discussion/Chat section; http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...chat-f119.html
You can talk about lots of things in Webkinz World and on Webkinz Insider.
There are sub-boards as well, so if you have something that fits in one of the sub-boards, be sure to add it in there.

3# Need any help with Webkinz World or Webkinz Insider? Don't worry, visit the "Somebody Help!" section here; http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...help-f165.html

4# Enjoy roleplaying? Click this link to get into some awesome roleplays! I enjoy the wolf packs. You are not allowed to make a roleplay without being approved first by a moderator. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/role-playing-f237.html

Well, theres a couple of things, I will be back tomorrow to add some more.
Catza is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Default Re: :Some Info For New Members: What To Do On WI:

This is VERY helpful but I do think it might be helpful to add some pictures on where to locate certain things. Other than that, really nice post and reputation!
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

This will help a lot of new people... if you don't mind, I'm going to send them here for tips!
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
You are
Gifted

Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!Catza is the cats pajamas!

Thanks alot, cocogirl!
Catza is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #5
call me jenny(:♥

JonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all around

this is a very well put together thread and this will really help out the new people. reps to you!
JonasBrothers<3 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
You are
Gifted

I can't really add pictures, because my print screen does not work. I really wish it did though.

Thanks JonasBrothers<3!
Catza is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #7
Gifted

NVAMMOM will become famous soon enough

Super helpful. I've been coming here awhile, but this thread still gave me info I didn't already know.
NVAMMOM is offline Female
Closed