Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
paws11kitty
Webkinz :)

paws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud ofpaws11kitty has much to be proud of

Default Re: Some ideas I had stirring around in my head...

i agree on the tag on...

i absolulty love smileys and am heart broken that i cannot put them in tags

paws11kitty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #12
<3

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

I agree to everything but the censoring. Sure, some words might get confusing, but...

Another thing:
When you type in.... say a name of someone you are talking about, and it has a censored word in it, it censors it, so I think that things should only be censored.... alone

Say that 'heart' was a censored word. If you had an author with the last name of Heartman, it would usually show up as *****man. I think that is annoying.
pixelgirl242 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
gupdoo3
Gifted

gupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Pokemonand webkinz4ever
Hey everyone who bothered to click on this,

I was going through Open Mike awhile ago, and I realized how many music topics there are... I kept my eye on that, and "What songs should I put on my iPod?", "What's your favorite song/band/artist/whatever?" and "What's your favorite music genre?" appear a lot... Recently, there was two "What songs should I put on my iPod?" threads on the first page...

I mean, can't you look to see if there's a thread that you might find helpful first before posting your own about three hours after another one was last posted on? So, I was thinking that a section dedicated to music would be really helpful to musical people.

Next:

Relationship/friendship advice? I know, I've posted quite a few of these on my time here as well. But, really. Can WI really decide if a guy likes you if they don't know the guy? These topics get really annoying, really fast. There's also quite a few of these on the Open Mike section... There's a website called gURL.com and that should be helpful for those of you with problems like that. WI is not a place for relationship advice.

Thirdly:

Censored words... It can get kind of annoying when people say... I.diotic and you have no idea what they were talking about. If it's possible, could there be a way to turn off the censors that other people post? And it could be optional, people who don't find it useful could have it off.

Example:
Let's pretend that "eye" was a censored word. Someone typed eye. You sometimes have no idea what they're talking about. And WI does have birthdate, right? So anyone over the age of say... 13? Could have an option to turn censors off, so tehn when someone else posted eye, you'd know what they're talking about.

And no, I don't mean that if you had censors off, and you post a bad word it comes up on everyone else's computer screen, I mean just yours and the other people with the option off.

Lastly;

Caps lock in tags. When you make a tag and want to put a smilie that uses a capital letter (xD, : D, ) it.. Just doesnt look right with a lowercase letter.. (xd, :d, and ;d)

Thanks for simply reading this, and if you like comment on if you agree... Thanks again,

Poke.

Totally!

View Post Originally Posted by galpalm
but over 13 year olds are probubly more likely to swear at someone than a 4 year old
View Post Originally Posted by puppiesrock465
I would love the music section! I've been seeing alot of music threads too.

As for the relationship section, not so much. It wouldn't be fair if only 13 and over could go on because it's not appropriate for a 6 year old....

For the censoring, I'm not so sure...Maybe really bad words could still be censored at the age of 13 while some otehr ones that aren't really that bad could become uncensored...
View Post Originally Posted by rocky654

Thirdly:

Censored words... It can get kind of annoying when people say... I.diotic and you have no idea what they were talking about. If it's possible, could there be a way to turn off the censors that other people post? And it could be optional, people who don't find it useful could have it off.

Example:
Let's pretend that "eye" was a censored word. Someone typed eye. You sometimes have no idea what they're talking about. And WI does have birthdate, right? So anyone over the age of say... 13? Could have an option to turn censors off, so tehn when someone else posted eye, you'd know what they're talking about.

I don't think that this would be part of the 'theme'. This is a safe website for kids, teens, and parents;; I think they should be sensored.
View Post Originally Posted by pixelgirl242
I agree to everything but the censoring. Sure, some words might get confusing, but...
Look guys, she didn't mean none of your words would be censored, it would just look like normal text. So, if someone posted a censored word (Let's pretend Toodles is censored) the dude with his censors off would see:

Toodles!

The other guy, with his on:

*******!

But if the guy with his censors off posted that, same rules apply.

--Super S
Click the image to open in full size.
BE YOURSELF!
gupdoo3 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Pokemonand webkinz4ever
Hey everyone who bothered to click on this,

I was going through Open Mike awhile ago, and I realized how many music topics there are... I kept my eye on that, and "What songs should I put on my iPod?", "What's your favorite song/band/artist/whatever?" and "What's your favorite music genre?" appear a lot... Recently, there was two "What songs should I put on my iPod?" threads on the first page...

I mean, can't you look to see if there's a thread that you might find helpful first before posting your own about three hours after another one was last posted on? So, I was thinking that a section dedicated to music would be really helpful to musical people.

Next:

Relationship/friendship advice? I know, I've posted quite a few of these on my time here as well. But, really. Can WI really decide if a guy likes you if they don't know the guy? These topics get really annoying, really fast. There's also quite a few of these on the Open Mike section... There's a website called gURL.com and that should be helpful for those of you with problems like that. WI is not a place for relationship advice.

Thirdly:

Example:

And no, I don't mean that if you had censors off, and you post a bad word it comes up on everyone else's computer screen, I mean just yours and the other people with the option off.

Lastly;

Caps lock in tags. When you make a tag and want to put a smilie that uses a capital letter (xD, : D, ) it.. Just doesnt look right with a lowercase letter.. (xd, :d, and ;d)

Thanks for simply reading this, and if you like comment on if you agree... Thanks again,

Poke.
Music section- That sounds like a good idea!
Relationship Topics-There should be a rule against posting Relation Ship threads because,well.. I'm pretty sure at least 1 six year old plays on here and maybe between the age range of 7 too 9 also. It wouldn't be that appropriate for a 7 year old to see "What should I wear on my date with my boyfriend?" Or "I think my crush likes me!"
Censored words-I agree. for example lets egg was a bad word but not a really bad one. So for example lets say some one typed in this: "My sister was such a egg today!" egg would show up but for example lets say smile was a really bad word it would come up like this: "My sister is such a ***** (<smile) today!" then the word smile would still be censored.
Caps lock in tags-I agree. one time i put XD in a tag and turned up as xd witch looks pretty weird.
Great ideas! Rep!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #15
Gifted

JJ08 has disabled reputation

I really would like caps lock in tags. I mean when I type a tag with my username in it it comes out like this jj08 and I type it like this JJ08
JJ08 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #16

Movin'2Toons is just really niceMovin'2Toons is just really nice

Those are great ideas! Thanks for sharing
Movin'2Toons is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #17
Pokemonand webkinz4ever

Thanks for the comments guys, and finally someone understands what I meant by the censors! xD
Old 03-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #18
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Great thread, thanks for bringing these up.
I agree with the music, definitely. Maybe it could go into the WI Artist Cafe section?
Those relationship polls, absolutely. I don't even think those are allowed ...

But the censored words, I don't really understand what you're saying. We shouldn't really be saying any words that are censored, and it'll allow people to use those words, and for other people to see them, if they're turned off.

And for the tags, that'd be a great idea. There's been a lot of situations for me, when I want something uppercase, but it ends up looking all weird lowercase. IDK how it works out, but it does. xD

You bring up good points! Rep & WI bucks!
~Webkinzluver321
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
Kortnee Lou

I definitely agree with the "relationship/friendship advice" and the "caps lock in tags". (it's not really caps lock, it's lowercase lock! xD)

However, I don't agree with the censoring thing at all. Like I saw in marileemed's post, some adults that have children may let them go on their account, but little did they know their child could be reading swear words!
In addition, some people when signed up have lied about their age- They could actually only be 11, when they signed up at the age of 14!

Ah, a music section. I'm undecided about that suggestion. There is a club section, so instead of making a thread just asking what your favorite song/artist/genre, why not make a club about it? If you're asking a general question about music, you could put it in the polls section. Instead of making a thread asking what songs you should download on your iPod, why not go to the DCT and ask there?, there's a lot of helpful people.
On the contrary, I suppose it would be easier just to have a section dedicated to it than having all those music threads floating around the Forum.
As I said, I'm undecided on this one.

-Kortnee
Old 03-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #20
Gifted

luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of a music section, even a little sub-section titled "Music" would be nice . Censoring should stay, in my opinion, there shouldn't be an option about it either. And I gotta agree with the fact that the relationship threads have GOT to go. Good ideas
Closed