Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Pokemonand webkinz4ever

Default Some ideas I had stirring around in my head...

Hey everyone who bothered to click on this,

I was going through Open Mike awhile ago, and I realized how many music topics there are... I kept my eye on that, and "What songs should I put on my iPod?", "What's your favorite song/band/artist/whatever?" and "What's your favorite music genre?" appear a lot... Recently, there was two "What songs should I put on my iPod?" threads on the first page...

I mean, can't you look to see if there's a thread that you might find helpful first before posting your own about three hours after another one was last posted on? So, I was thinking that a section dedicated to music would be really helpful to musical people.

Next:

Relationship/friendship advice? I know, I've posted quite a few of these on my time here as well. But, really. Can WI really decide if a guy likes you if they don't know the guy? These topics get really annoying, really fast. There's also quite a few of these on the Open Mike section... There's a website called gURL.com and that should be helpful for those of you with problems like that. WI is not a place for relationship advice.

Thirdly:

Censored words... It can get kind of annoying when people say... I.diotic and you have no idea what they were talking about. If it's possible, could there be a way to turn off the censors that other people post? And it could be optional, people who don't find it useful could have it off.

Example:
Let's pretend that "eye" was a censored word. Someone typed eye. You sometimes have no idea what they're talking about. And WI does have birthdate, right? So anyone over the age of say... 13? Could have an option to turn censors off, so tehn when someone else posted eye, you'd know what they're talking about.

And no, I don't mean that if you had censors off, and you post a bad word it comes up on everyone else's computer screen, I mean just yours and the other people with the option off.

Lastly;

Caps lock in tags. When you make a tag and want to put a smilie that uses a capital letter (xD, : D, ) it.. Just doesnt look right with a lowercase letter.. (xd, :d, and ;d)

Thanks for simply reading this, and if you like comment on if you agree... Thanks again,

Poke.

Last edited by Pokemonand webkinz4ever; 03-16-2009 at 08:42 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Webkinz :)
SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!

Default Re: Some ideas I had stirring around in my head...

So you did make a thread after all. Good job Poke. xD

Those are good ideas. I especially agree with your one about the relationship advice.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Pokemonand webkinz4ever

View Post Originally Posted by SNOWCLAW
So you did make a thread after all. Good job Poke. xD

Those are good ideas. I especially agree with your one about the relationship advice.
Thanks, SC. Good job to you for posting xD

Thanks for agreeing xD. That's the one that annoys me the most, let's just hope Patty doesn't have deal with the 'gurls' posting stuff on gurl.com for here xD

Rep to you.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
Gift Guru

Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!Icicle20 is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

Hmm... I agree about the relationship threads in the open mike section.

However I think that censoring should remain on. What if somebody was swearing or something?
Icicle20 is offline Male
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #5
Pokemonand webkinz4ever

View Post Originally Posted by Icicle20
Hmm... I agree about the relationship threads in the open mike section.

However I think that censoring should remain on. What if somebody was swearing or something?
Thanks for agreeing about the relationship threads- It really does get a little out of hand.

I don't think you understood what I meant, maybe I should edit the first post?

What it should say:

Let's pretend that "eye" was a censored word. Someone typed eye. You sometimes have no idea what they're talking about. And WI does have birthdate, right? So anyone over the age of say... 13? Could have an option to turn censors off, so tehn when someone else posted eye, you'd know what they're talking about.

Rep for agreeing.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
call me maggie
Webkinz :)

galpalm is a glorious beacon of lightgalpalm is a glorious beacon of light

but over 13 year olds are probubly more likely to swear at someone than a 4 year old
galpalm is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

What a great idea for a music section.....Not too sure about the relationship section.....I agree WI can't tell you who you should like or what boy would like you....Be original go out on the internet and google it...... Just kidding....

I came to WI for Webkinz info and socializing....I thought the "open mike" section would be great for these topics, but yes, I have seen them eveywhere but there.....

Good thread.....I agree about the censor ship...if you are older than 18 (and that is exactly why I put 18 Galpal) you should be able to turn off/on your censor. But there again, I have several "friends" on here that let their dd or ds get on their WI id.....so, you could be talking to someone's daughter, son or grandchild....and not realize it.

Hard call for Justin and Wendy....???
marileemed is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #8
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

I would love the music section! I've been seeing alot of music threads too.

As for the relationship section, not so much. It wouldn't be fair if only 13 and over could go on because it's not appropriate for a 6 year old....

For the censoring, I'm not so sure...Maybe really bad words could still be censored at the age of 13 while some otehr ones that aren't really that bad could become uncensored...
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #9
Pokemonand webkinz4ever

View Post Originally Posted by puppiesrock465
I would love the music section! I've been seeing alot of music threads too.

As for the relationship section, not so much. It wouldn't be fair if only 13 and over could go on because it's not appropriate for a 6 year old....

For the censoring, I'm not so sure...Maybe really bad words could still be censored at the age of 13 while some otehr ones that aren't really that bad could become uncensored...
Yeah- I though it'd be pretty cool, and it would get rid of those topics on Open Mike you see all the time.

That's true, when you think of it that way, but the those threads pop up at least two tiems a day...

I know what you mean, like the words that no one likes to see could be censored, but the other ones wouldn't be...

View Post Originally Posted by marileemed
What a great idea for a music section.....Not too sure about the relationship section.....I agree WI can't tell you who you should like or what boy would like you....Be original go out on the internet and google it...... Just kidding....

I came to WI for Webkinz info and socializing....I thought the "open mike" section would be great for these topics, but yes, I have seen them eveywhere but there.....

Good thread.....I agree about the censor ship...if you are older than 18 (and that is exactly why I put 18 Galpal) you should be able to turn off/on your censor. But there again, I have several "friends" on here that let their dd or ds get on their WI id.....so, you could be talking to someone's daughter, son or grandchild....and not realize it.

Hard call for Justin and Wendy....???
I laughed at the google thing xD

The music section idea seems to be going quite well...

That's exactly why I came here as well, it is a Webkinz forum after all...

I see the relationship advice everywhere... In clubs, they used to be in the Pollz section before teh mods said "no more", etc.

Thanks for agreeing about that as well... I put 18 down as my age as welll... In most forums it's better to, then again, I'm not very far off from the 18 anyway, haha...

That's true about what you said about the dd's, ds's, etc... I think it'd be good if when we signed in we could choose if we wanted it on or off for that session... Think about it... It would work, to some extent.

Very hard call... But, I thought I might as well throw that idea out... You never know.

View Post Originally Posted by galpalm
but over 13 year olds are probubly more likely to swear at someone than a 4 year old
I don't mean that, though. I mean that if someone says something to you, you understand exactly what they're saying, instead of wondering over which word they meant.

Remember: By turning censors off I mean if someone says something... Like I was such an ***** today... You can see that starred out word, and if someone has it off, they still see the stars.

Of course there is more then one word with five letters in it:

the "b" word, the "i" word, the "e" word... All of them are censored.

Last edited by Pokemonand webkinz4ever; 03-16-2009 at 08:40 AM..
Old 03-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #10
uvs Kris Allen ♥
Gifted

rocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey everyone who bothered to click on this,

HI

I was going through Open Mike awhile ago, and I realized how many music topics there are... I kept my eye on that, and "What songs should I put on my iPod?", "What's your favorite song/band/artist/whatever?" and "What's your favorite music genre?" appear a lot... Recently, there was two "What songs should I put on my iPod?" threads on the first page...

I mean, can't you look to see if there's a thread that you might find helpful first before posting your own about three hours after another one was last posted on? So, I was thinking that a section dedicated to music would be really helpful to musical people.

I have posted a thread about this, and a mod said that it will only stay in Open Mike. I would like this too, but it isn't going to happen

Next:

Relationship/friendship advice? I know, I've posted quite a few of these on my time here as well. But, really. Can WI really decide if a guy likes you if they don't know the guy? These topics get really annoying, really fast. There's also quite a few of these on the Open Mike section... There's a website called gURL.com and that should be helpful for those of you with problems like that. WI is not a place for relationship advice.

Yes, this is a great idea. Maybe their should be a sticky with a rule like 'No relationship threads allowed' or something of that sort.

Thirdly:

Censored words... It can get kind of annoying when people say... I.diotic and you have no idea what they were talking about. If it's possible, could there be a way to turn off the censors that other people post? And it could be optional, people who don't find it useful could have it off.

Example:

I don't think that this would be part of the 'theme'. This is a safe website for kids, teens, and parents;; I think they should be sensored.

And no, I don't mean that if you had censors off, and you post a bad word it comes up on everyone else's computer screen, I mean just yours and the other people with the option off.

Lastly;

Caps lock in tags. When you make a tag and want to put a smilie that uses a capital letter (xD, : D, ) it.. Just doesnt look right with a lowercase letter.. (xd, :d, and ;d)

Yes, I too hope this changes

Thanks for simply reading this, and if you like comment on if you agree... Thanks again,

Poke.

Have a great day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have posted my comments ^^
rocky654 is offline Female
Closed