Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
Rebbittz
Gifted

kendylynn is on a distinguished road

Default Some advice please!

I have been wanting to open my own GE thread for some time now. Here is my delemma, I have a few health issues that prevent me from sitting at the computer for lengths of time, which has become worse over the past few months, I am a horribly slow typer and I have so much stuff to list it will take forever!
What would you do if you were in my shoes? I would love your opinions and advice. Thank you in advance!
kendylynn is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
jennybobenny
Webkinz :)
JennyBoBenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Some advice please!

HI, I happen to have some of the same issues and health concerns as you, and a few other special circumstances like three kids and a husband overseas in the military, but all i have to say to you is that i never put off doing anything because of any of those reason, especially health, live each day as if it may be your last and cherish them. If i were you and this is something that you want to do then i would do it and do as much as you can at one time/sitting and continue when you can. You will have it completed in no time. Another hint, whatever you type do it in Word processing so that you can keep adding to it and if needed taking away. Then you can save all of it have it in one place and copy and paste it to your thread. You will have all of your info saved so you never have to retype it, Learn to use your short cut keys on the computer and it will save you tons of time too. I hope that helped!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 02:54 AM   #3
ent Away From Desk
Gifted

L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

I have same issues...I just got my fourth spinal injection toDAY.....so I can totally relate to not sitting at the computer too long.
take a 5 to 10 break every 20 mins to walk around and streatch.
Put your computer on a table high anough you can stand to type and do things on your computer.
Invest in a better computer chair.
If you can afford it...get a lap top computer...then you can even lie in bed and do things on the computer
L6313 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

Hi,

That was a good suggestion JennyBoBenny about using Word to save your list and updating it later and copying and pasting it here. If you are listing PSFs and PSIs, there are many Similes below that you can use to save on some typing. The WIGEV is a good resource too in which you can copy and paste other names of items (and you don't need to worry about typos, and you'll get the correct name too!)

If you would like, you could put in your thread when you start your GE, that due to a health issue you are unable to be online all the time.

As long as you state that you will be offline and keep people in your thread informed (and of course put them in line for the items they are interested in), I don't see a problem. Communication is very important. Your health comes first, please don't compromise it. Traders will wait for you if you post that you need to go offline.
commodore is offline Female
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Webkinz :)

Tanman is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Never let that stuff take you down. You should take lots of breaks (i do). And try and find ways to type in a comfortable way. I really hope this helps you, Tanman
Old 02-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
ent Away From Desk
Gifted

L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

I dunno what health issues everyone has...but it's hard to "not let it get you down" and "jst keep going" when you fell like crying from prolonged pain. I hope you get bettre...I have been out of work and in lots of pain for almost six months now.
Life can be a hard thing when you in severe pain. I hope you get more suggestions about ways to work on your computer and I hope mine helped.
L6313 is offline Female
Old 02-22-2008, 05:58 AM   #7
Gift Guru

Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by kendylynn
I have been wanting to open my own GE thread for some time now. Here is my delemma, I have a few health issues that prevent me from sitting at the computer for lengths of time, which has become worse over the past few months, I am a horribly slow typer and I have so much stuff to list it will take forever!
What would you do if you were in my shoes? I would love your opinions and advice. Thank you in advance!
You might want to start small. For instance you could make a list of only some of the things you have for trade and some of you wants. Then each time you feel up to it you could add two or three more items to both your haves and your wants as time goes on.

Some traders use a "deal" system where they indicate something like,

Deal #1 my UFO for your Cloud Machine or Unicycle
Deal #2 my disco ball for your blue lava or rainy day window
Deal #3 my VTC pack for your one oak pool
Deal #4 my w-pond for exclusive of your choice (but no robo clock or prismatic chair)

I have seen entire threads that work this way and it lessens the number of back and forth conversations you need to type as others know exactly what you want and what trades you are willing to make.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #8
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

Everyone has great suggestions. Mine is just to work at your own pace. There are alot of GE owners that have full time jobs, or kids in school. Not everyone is able to be on 24/7. Lots of us just have kids that prevent us from being here full time. If anyone is interested in your items, they will wait. Good Luck with your decision
kayembee is offline Female
Closed