Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #21
yeah boy
Gifted

pinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective socks

Default Re: "So-and-So only" Options

great idea! rep for you!!
pinkypie567 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

mayflower64 is on a distinguished road

i agree thanks!! it does bug me a ton!
mayflower64 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I think "I'm a contestant" is a great alternative
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #24
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
Hi!

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of those options and it bugs me! I will be honest, I vote for them sometimes. It is basically telling people to, and some times your opinion isn't listed. They are not necessary!

EX 1:

Which frog do you like best?

•Spotted frog
•Bull frog
•Regular frog
•Tree frog
•I don't like the frogs.
•WEBKINZ-ADDICT007 only!

Okay, seriously. Can you not just vote for which one you like best? In this poll there is no reason to make a "So-and-so only" option.

Here is where you think it is necessary:

EX 2:

Who should win my WNTM?

•Frank the bulldog
•Sammy the dolphin
•Lisa the rabbit
•WNTM-Guru only

But it's not. Here is what you could do instead: •I am a contestant or host/ Can't decide/ Just want to see results

See? There is NO reason to make them hardly ever. Just put "Just want to see results/ Other" in place of so and so only because a lot of times, people vote for that because their opinion isn't an option or they just want to see the results.

Thanks!

--Tex

Some of these users who make these polls are doing them for school projects. The option is there so that they can see the results without skewing them.
If the Pollster's opinion is visible for the voters to see, voters may be swayed one way or the other.
This gives them (the Author) the advantage of seeing UNBIASED poll results. When you press on that option, you are being belligerent and shouldn't even be voting, as far as I am concerned. If your option isn't presented, either state it or walk away from the poll. It is very unfair to the Author. But that is MY opinion.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #25
and lovin' it!
Gift Guru

Pubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to behold

I find myself clicking these too sometimes.... LOL. You're right, it CAN get annoying. Usually I put a "Other//Results" option, and if I have a preference I vote for it. Besides, it won't sway the voting anyways. Just re-figure out the percentages by subtracting 1 from whichever you voted for!
~pub
Pubob03 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #26
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Yes it does, because if others see that someone has voted on the Author only, they may do the same and not give a valid opinion. It is unfair to the Author and it is rude.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #27
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Some of these users who make these polls are doing them for school projects. The option is there so that they can see the results without skewing them.
If the Pollster's opinion is visible for the voters to see, voters may be swayed one way or the other.
This gives them (the Author) the advantage of seeing UNBIASED poll results. When you press on that option, you are being belligerent and shouldn't even be voting, as far as I am concerned. If your option isn't presented, either state it or walk away from the poll. It is very unfair to the Author. But that is MY opinion.
Okay, I see your point, but..

even on "visible"polls the feature doesn't work. And you could just not say what you voted for. And couldn't you just subtract one from the option you voted for?
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #28
♥DREAM♥ of bunnies

swimfast551 is just really niceswimfast551 is just really nice

That makes so much sense! I hate those options so much! Rep to you!
swimfast551 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #29

TWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clownTWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clownTWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clownTWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clownTWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clownTWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clownTWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clownTWITTWAN is cool as a bunny clown

It annoys me too. Sometimes I just vote for them to be defiant!

Good Point!
TWITTWAN is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #30
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

i like to use the SO-SO option it's there poll . but sometimes if they do not have the option u want u should go to a different poll. it effects the poll if u press the other option.

Last edited by mantateelover; 02-16-2009 at 03:20 PM..
mantateelover is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, gazpacho is a-going crazy, going 2 keep doing that, half-empty glass, haten those options!, i hate those options!, i just click them! :]