Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default "So-and-So only" Options

Hi!

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of those options and it bugs me! I will be honest, I vote for them sometimes. It is basically telling people to, and some times your opinion isn't listed. They are not necessary!

EX 1:

Which frog do you like best?

•Spotted frog
•Bull frog
•Regular frog
•Tree frog
•I don't like the frogs.
•WEBKINZ-ADDICT007 only!

Okay, seriously. Can you not just vote for which one you like best? In this poll there is no reason to make a "So-and-so only" option.

Here is where you think it is necessary:

EX 2:

Who should win my WNTM?

•Frank the bulldog
•Sammy the dolphin
•Lisa the rabbit
•WNTM-Guru only

But it's not. Here is what you could do instead: •I am a contestant or host/ Can't decide/ Just want to see results

See? There is NO reason to make them hardly ever. Just put "Just want to see results/ Other" in place of so and so only because a lot of times, people vote for that because their opinion isn't an option or they just want to see the results.

Thanks!

--Tex

TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
DuckKin is my userna
Gift Trainee

katykinz has a spectacular aura aboutkatykinz has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: "So-and-So only" Options

Great idea! If it's there somebody will click it.
But I have one thing: If you put a Other button, you won't get as many real results.

So the thing to do is when you DO vote on a poll, pick the choice you think is best, and if there's a "so and so only" post and say "Please don't here's a thread on why! Have a nice day and I like your poll question!"
katykinz is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Mamma Mia!!!
Webkinz :)

Dancer194159 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much! That has been annoying me too, and those are great alternatives! REP!
Dancer194159 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Yes I don't understand why people make these options and they bother both poster and voters. Your solution totally solves this unnecessary problem.
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #5

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

I know whatcha mean. I mean, you even KN0W people r gnna click it so, why put it in the 1st place. It ticks me off... Lol. Great Thread!!! =-)
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

Thanks for the great reminder!
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
Hi!

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of those options and it bugs me! I will be honest, I vote for them sometimes. It is basically telling people to, and some times your opinion isn't listed. They are not necessary!

EX 1:

Which frog do you like best?

•Spotted frog
•Bull frog
•Regular frog
•Tree frog
•I don't like the frogs.
•WEBKINZ-ADDICT007 only!

Okay, seriously. Can you not just vote for which one you like best? In this poll there is no reason to make a "So-and-so only" option.

Here is where you think it is necessary:

EX 2:

Who should win my WNTM?

•Frank the bulldog
•Sammy the dolphin
•Lisa the rabbit
•WNTM-Guru only

But it's not. Here is what you could do instead: •I am a contestant or host/ Can't decide/ Just want to see results

See? There is NO reason to make them hardly ever. Just put "Just want to see results/ Other" in place of so and so only because a lot of times, people vote for that because their opinion isn't an option or they just want to see the results.

Thanks!

--Tex

Rep!
I agree I've clicked the "So and So" button so many times.
You are right instead of a "So and So ONLY!" button there should be a "Just want too see the results"
Or "Other"
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

I strongly dislike those "PrincessToeshoe Only" options, too.

But, I've been thinking, does it REALLY matter whether they make one of those options or not? I mean it's not you, so don't click there. It's is really that simple!

So, in conclusion, I don't like them-but I don't really care either way.

~PrincessToeshoe~♥
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
hpfreaksyd

Fabiola is just really niceFabiola is just really nice

You're right! I think they should replace that option with 'Unsure' or something like that. =)
Fabiola is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Gifted

Zkat is a glorious beacon of lightZkat is a glorious beacon of lightZkat is a glorious beacon of light

I agree! It would be much easier to use an "other" or a "results" option instead! I would give you rep points, but it says I need to spread some around first.
Zkat is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, gazpacho is a-going crazy, going 2 keep doing that, half-empty glass, haten those options!, i hate those options!, i just click them! :]