Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Smilies, Caps (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/smilies-caps-470729/)

andrewhoya02-16-2009 06:05 PM

Smilies, Caps

Many members have been over-emphasizing on smiles and capital letters. Example:

I just got 50 kinzcash on the Wheel of Wow! :o:smiley6600:^-^:thumbup::coolsmiley::P::)8);D:o:D:stoopid2::nod:

About 75% of those smilies are not needed! It is okay to have one or two, but 15-16 is just WAY to much!!!

Also, a bunch of people capitalize their letters for no reason. Example:

SO, WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

There is no reason for this, either. :) It's okay to capitalize when you are really excited, but don't do it for no reason. ;)

Thanks for viewing. ;)

BackFlip1502-16-2009 06:10 PM

Re: Smilies, Caps

Great Reminder. I see the smilie thing alot with new members. I believe that's because newer members are excited that they have all of these choices and can't decide. However, in the rules, I believe it clearly states they don't want you capitalizing because people may think that you are being rude. Like THIS IS LIKE SHOUTING! And it could put across the wrong message :)

Great Thread! [rep]

andrewhoya02-16-2009 06:12 PM

Thank you! :)

musicislife66602-16-2009 06:23 PM

Good Point! Like Backflip said, lots of New Members do that and I have seen many people just spam and post smilies.
Great Reminder! (rep time!) aw man. I have repped you and I need to spread reps around :P

andrewhoya02-16-2009 06:25 PM

Thanks for posting!

And, thanks anyways!

WhiteTerrierFan02-16-2009 06:28 PM

I agree. It's definitely not needed at all. 1 smiley is plenty in cases like that. Caps just makes it look like you are yelling and that's rude. I see it happening a lot, and it doesn't make for a good, meaningful post when you do things like that. [rep] :)

smvmonkey02-16-2009 06:33 PM

I agree with whitet on this one..A few smilies in your posts are fine, if they relate..I mean if your saying something happy or sad, or you're angry, then use the smileys that have to do with what you're saying, and only use a neccasary amount. And, caps is like yelling, which is rude.
;)

montanarose902-16-2009 06:40 PM

Yeah, once I saw a thread in the "Hi I'm Joe section"...
Quote:

;D::):2funny:::):2funny:::);DHi;D::):2funny:::);D
Those smilies aren't needed.
Great thread. REP!

margaret02-16-2009 06:54 PM

I am not sure I understand why would it matter if someone used a bunch of smiles in there post maybe it makes them happy . The point of a form is to have fun and express your self why should someone hold something back if it is not hurtful or mean ??

dotdotduck02-16-2009 06:57 PM

I totally agree! :D ;) :) ::)

I'd love to give you a rep, but I gotta "spread it around" some more ;)