Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default A small suggestion... strikethrough in editing posts?

What do you think about an option for strikethrough in the "quick edit"? It's annoying typing or clicking Go Advanced when I want to just cross something out quickly.

UPDATE:
People have also suggested font and font size.... I think those are great ideas!!

Last edited by tarsky781; 10-27-2009 at 03:32 PM..
tarsky781 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: A small suggestion... strikethrough in editing posts?

That's a pretty good idea! Sometimes I have to go to advanced editing just to use the strikethrough. Maybe it can be placed beside the Bold, Italics, and Underline options
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 10-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Though this would be very helpful, you can always use the strike through BB codes...
[- ] and [/- ] (without the spaces, as you know ). But I do agree, for those who don't want to code their own posts, this would be a really nice idea...
Old 10-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Gifted

MegMeg is a creator of wonder
MegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonder

Yes, I also wish they would let us put the spoiler button there as well (:

Spoiler: show

REP for you!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
Izzi

Filicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clown

Thats an idea, but you can just code them yourself it's much easier to code your posts then have the whole site changed.
Filicity is offline Female
Old 10-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Filicity
Thats an idea, but you can just code them yourself it's much easier to code your posts then have the whole site changed.
It wouldn't be THAT big of a change And many people don't memorize the codes for strikethroughs and spoilers. This would be a handy feature for those who aren't very tech-y.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
It wouldn't be THAT big of a change And many people don't memorize the codes for strikethroughs and spoilers. This would be a handy feature for those who aren't very tech-y.
Yes, and I'm sure it would be fairly simple for Justin to add this.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by ave
Though this would be very helpful, you can always use the strike through BB codes...
[- ] and [/- ] (without the spaces, as you know ). But I do agree, for those who don't want to code their own posts, this would be a really nice idea...
View Post Originally Posted by MegMeg
Yes, I also wish they would let us put the spoiler button there as well (:

Spoiler: show

REP for you!
View Post Originally Posted by Filicity
Great idea! when you know the BB codes, you gain a bit more independence.

I often code in the spoilers because I'm too lazy to Go Advanced. I didn't use to know how to do this.

Improving your computer skills is what this is all about!
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Great idea! when you know the BB codes, you gain a bit more independence.

I often code in the spoilers because I'm too lazy to Go Advanced. I didn't use to know how to do this.

Improving your computer skills is what this is all about!
That is a nice post with a good point, but then why would be have the bold, italics, and underline shortcuts there if we could just memorize it? If it's simple to add in, it would be nice for members who aren't tech-savvy to just use that. I know members that aren't experts with computers, and memorizing codes would be confusing and maybe a little hard to understand. What I am saying is that your idea is a nice alternative but tarsky's idea is also a good idea as an alternative.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
gangnam style

Thanks for the posts, everyone!
I see what you're saying, though webberlily.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange, hi :), team finnick, tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε