Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: A simple Suggestion about the Artist Cafe.

I don't care if someone asked for an "honest opinion." If you're honest opinion is that the artwork stinks-then keep it to yourself!! Thumper's dad said it best, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" Especially round here, there are lots of younger people with super easily hurt feelings!

Imagine if someone had told Van Gogh that his paintings looked like a two year old drew them with his eyes closed? He probably would have lost his mind and done something shameful with his ear...oh..wait! Never mind!
dragonbird is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
♥I got my Rainbows♥
Webkinz :)

Erinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
I don't care if someone asked for an "honest opinion." If you're honest opinion is that the artwork stinks-then keep it to yourself!! Thumper's dad said it best, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" Especially round here, there are lots of younger people with super easily hurt feelings!

Imagine if someone had told Van Gogh that his paintings looked like a two year old drew them with his eyes closed? He probably would have lost his mind and done something shameful with his ear...oh..wait! Never mind!
You are so right!!
Ha yeah...
Erinbeth236 is offline Female
Old 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #13
onderwoman.

Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird

It personally depends on how nicely you put your opinion. If you have a hunch the person is young, then you can say his/her artwork is wonderful, but give advice.

Well, you probably don't want someone going around with the opinon that their the best artist in the world, either.
Still, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Honest but nice is good. If you don't have a particular reason to post criticisms, and your just posting for the fun of it, just don't post unless its a compliment!
Smog is offline Female
Old 01-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #14
♥I got my Rainbows♥

Erinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to all

Red face Re: A simple Suggestion about the Artist Cafe.

View Post Originally Posted by Smog
It personally depends on how nicely you put your opinion. If you have a hunch the person is young, then you can say his/her artwork is wonderful, but give advice.

Well, you probably don't want someone going around with the opinon that their the best artist in the world, either.
Still, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Honest but nice is good. If you don't have a particular reason to post criticisms, and your just posting for the fun of it, just don't post unless its a compliment!
Well, I'm sure they won't get a big head, but yeah for the other stuff your right
Old 01-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

I agree! xD If somebody asks for critisizm, that it won't hurt their feelings, I still say something like, "I love your drawings! Maybe a little bit more detail would be nice but other than that I love them!" And sometimes I don't have nothing to tell them to improve, since it is perfect that way. I love artist cafe as well, though usually I just check out other drawings. I sometimes, even if they don't ask for critisizem, say something like, "I love these drawings! But you may wanna sign your name so they know YOU made it." Or something. I understand what you are saying though, same thing goes with the pollz. Do you like this drawing or handwriting? People post stuff like, "No it's ugly", "No I HATE it! Why isn't there a hate button?" & "Ew, who taught you to draw\write?" I haven't seen really rude comments, YET. Some simular to what I said but not exactly..
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #16
♥I got my Rainbows♥

Red face Re: A simple Suggestion about the Artist Cafe.

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
I agree! xD If somebody asks for critisizm, that it won't hurt their feelings, I still say something like, "I love your drawings! Maybe a little bit more detail would be nice but other than that I love them!" And sometimes I don't have nothing to tell them to improve, since it is perfect that way. I love artist cafe as well, though usually I just check out other drawings. I sometimes, even if they don't ask for critisizem, say something like, "I love these drawings! But you may wanna sign your name so they know YOU made it." Or something. I understand what you are saying though, same thing goes with the pollz. Do you like this drawing or handwriting? People post stuff like, "No it's ugly", "No I HATE it! Why isn't there a hate button?" & "Ew, who taught you to draw\write?" I haven't seen really rude comments, YET. Some simular to what I said but not exactly..
Yeah, well once at the beginning of like jan,last year I made a shop,
I was not to sure what they would say when I asked for criticism.
Some person said "that's hideous you need lessons"
I agree it is embaRASSING TO see the picture now that I have improved my skills.

but harsh comments like that really hurt.
~Erin
Closed