Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #41
Webkinz :)
hugged has disabled reputation

Default Re: Shout-out section.

Hm, interesting idea.
I like it!
hugged is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #42
you're beautiful ✌
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Thanks for the comments everyone.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think the beauty of this idea, is that it's not a popularity contest. It's an opportunity to highlight a person who might not even post a lot, or have a lot of friends. It's the opposite.. it's giving someone who may have quietly helped, some recognition.
I think sometimes we get so politically correct, that we snuff out the recognition of kindness in a public way. Sure.. rep, private messages, and VMs are what we've used, but this would provide a small highlight for all of us to see, so some of the more quiet members here would be honored.
This is definitely not something the world usually does though. We tend to recognize the people with 'titles', or lots of friends, or even (especially) the ones who stand out for breaking the rules. This provides an alternative to the normal way of recognizing people.
Sort of the thread of 'A quiet thank-you and shout-out for those who are not usually in the spotlight'.
Thank you, Desty.

It's kind of like this boy that was on TV today. It was a true story & he had been bullied every since sixth grade. He's in ninth now, I think. It was to the point that he said he didn't feel anything anymore. His school wouldn't do anything about it, and for a long time, he kept it from his parents. One girl in the audince stood up and told him that he was an inspiration and that he was amazing. Just one girl saying a few simple kind words. The smile that grew on his face was so big, it honestly brought tears to my eyes. It touched my heart so much. She seriously brightened his day, and those few words probably gave him so much more confidence than if one of his friends would've just told him privately the same thing. Because she stood up in front of everyone and said it, it meant more.

Maybe people on here aren't being bullied as extreme or something, but maybe they are. Maybe one of our friends are just on the edge of giving up. Don't you think one thread with a few comments from other members, saying posotive, nice things about them could help? It truly could make a difference. I don't think it would be a popularity contest at all. It'd be to honor nice things people did. It'd only be a nice popularity contest; the nicest members, the most generous & kind members, would be mentioned more. That's not exactly a popularity contest, it's more of an honoring contest, and if they've did that much good, then they deserve to be honored. There wouldn't be threads allowed about, "You're on the dct more than anyone, so I'm making you this thread." or anything. They'd have to deserve a thread to get one.. And I'm so glad you see that.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #43
I luvz U!
Webberlily has disabled reputation

Just so you all know... popularity threads (and that includes shout-outs and boosting-up-esteem threads...) are just not allowed on WI.

Please post your appreciation on the member's profile, that's what it's there for.
Webberlily is offline Female

dudeeee kesha wuz here!, goo goo g'joob, think outside the [box]