Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #31
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Default Re: Shout-out section.

Maybe it will eventually? I kind of knew when I posted this there was a great chance it was going to be turned down.. \:
Craftyreader is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
Webkinz :)

RubyRed9947 has disabled reputation

eh, i don't know
i think it's kind of unnecessary, and like others said, it would be more a popularity competition than anything
if you really wanted to compliment someone, i'd just vm or rep them
RubyRed9947 is offline Female
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #33
ill always love her

skullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonderskullnbows17 wows us all with wonder

I definitely love this idea!
skullnbows17 is offline Female
Old 03-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
-ba dum tss-
Banned
ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!

Well it might be like a popularity contest and some people will possibly be hurt.

Like someone said earlier just sending a VM to the person
you want to give a shout out to would be close enough. c:
ColliePuppyxo is offline Female
Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #35
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

I think it would be a good, positive thing.
What's wrong with building people up?
There is plenty of negative things seen here (e.g. clubhouse issues), that positive is a good change.

The first person would have to give a good reason, or everyone would see it had no value.
Some fluff threads may occur, but they would only serve to essentially diminish the poster in the eyes
of others.
Truly deserved kudos would brighten both the honoree and the poster.

This could be a good tool to help people to learn how to honestly show appreciation,
and to recognize honest compliments.

I would support this.

Last edited by Twizzlerz; 03-25-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #36
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

I enjoy this idea, it's very thoughtful.
However, don't you think that feelings could easily get hurt if no one gives you any shout outs? There are thousands of members on this thread, if everyone gave each other shout outs, it would be a mess, and really hard to moderate. I think sticking to VMs, PMs, and reps would be great.
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #37
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Not any more so than birthday greetings or reps, in fact less than reps because the giver & the reason
are public (for the reasons mentioned above). And I think few are that fragile and shallow.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #38
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think the beauty of this idea, is that it's not a popularity contest. It's an opportunity to highlight a person who might not even post a lot, or have a lot of friends. It's the opposite.. it's giving someone who may have quietly helped, some recognition.
I think sometimes we get so politically correct, that we snuff out the recognition of kindness in a public way. Sure.. rep, private messages, and VMs are what we've used, but this would provide a small highlight for all of us to see, so some of the more quiet members here would be honored.
This is definitely not something the world usually does though. We tend to recognize the people with 'titles', or lots of friends, or even (especially) the ones who stand out for breaking the rules. This provides an alternative to the normal way of recognizing people.
Sort of the thread of 'A quiet thank-you and shout-out for those who are not usually in the spotlight'.
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #39

mitfy has disabled reputation

i luv it!!!!
mitfy is offline Female
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #40
joyfulabigail123

joyfulabigail is a splendid one to beholdjoyfulabigail is a splendid one to beholdjoyfulabigail is a splendid one to beholdjoyfulabigail is a splendid one to behold

Nice Idea!

Joy
joyfulabigail is offline Female
Closed

Tags
dudeeee kesha wuz here!, goo goo g'joob, think outside the [box]