Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Ask I will tell!
Gifted

palinkaskidz is on a distinguished road

Question It seems there are a lot of duplicate posts

I'm sure I'm not the only one noticing this. Is there anyway to make people aware of the posts already made?

It's hard to weed through the posts that should be and the ones that shouldn't be.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: It seems there are a lot of duplicate posts

I've been thinking about this for some time. There is a way for me to implement something when people create new threads. It would sort of drop down a list of similar threads based on the thread title they've typed. I also wish I could make people type more descriptive thread titles, other than "OMG OMG OMG!!" or "CLICK HERE YOU WILL LOVE IT"
Justin is offline Male
Old 11-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
Ask I will tell!
Gifted

palinkaskidz is on a distinguished road

Thanks Justin!

I'm not sure how to make it easier for others to realize they are just duplicating someone else. There are enough help posts and how to posts, it just seems like no one reads them and follows them.

You are doing a great job! Keep up the great work.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

You can always use the search bar. Located neear the banner, on the same line as FAQ and Rules. I always search key words and stuff, and I usually find a match of a common question, but others, there are many duplicate threads, so it is kind of 50/50. The one thing that really bothers me is when people start a new thread in "help, rules and suggestions" asking "how do I get gifted" when there is a sticky guide right there!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by Lilypad1394
You can always use the search bar. Located neear the banner, on the same line as FAQ and Rules. I always search key words and stuff, and I usually find a match of a common question, but others, there are many duplicate threads, so it is kind of 50/50. The one thing that really bothers me is when people start a new thread in "help, rules and suggestions" asking "how do I get gifted" when there is a sticky guide right there!
Yes indeed!! I think I may have a way to use the "similar threads function" that we used to have and have it dynamically generate the similar thread search based on the title you type for your new thread. We'll see
Justin is offline Male
Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

I'd love to see that happen.
Thanks Justin and all.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 11-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #7
cant wait till summe
Webkinz :)

Roya is an unknown quantity at this point

i was wondering that 2
Old 11-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
compg318
Gift Guru

compg318 is a jewel in the roughcompg318 is a jewel in the rough

I was thinking maybe it could be something similar to the yaho anwers when you create a thread it takes the main keyword and searches throughout questions to see any similar then tells the person who made it,what its about with a brief description, and the title.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
Gift Guru

xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!

Yes, I think so..
and a lot of duplicate threads. Like a person making a thread of the same topic that was made..
Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
rleong

Yep, that yahoo answers kind of idea is what I'm thinking, but it's more difficult to implement than I'd hoped.
Justin is offline Male
Closed