Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Default A section to post "Welcome threads" for new WI Members

I know you might be thinking this is like the Hi! My name is Joe section but it's not...

Say you wanted to welcome some new WI members, but their are so many threads and you have to try and post in as many as you can? That takes ALOT of work. Wouldn't it be much easier if us older WI Members could have a section to post threads saying "Welcome to the forum! Let me introduce myself to you and tell you a bit about WI!". That way all those multiple threads you posted in you don't have to keep copying and pasting your replies, or making fresh new replies? Instead, just have 1 thread saying a welcome message and then new members can view it and respond.

Please post your opinions about my idea.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
What is french for
Webkinz :)

maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: A section to post "Welcome threads" for new WI Members

It is kinda like the Hi I'm Joe section mabey you could ask the Mods if you can post it in the Joe section. Rep for the idea
maggalina is offline Female
Old 02-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

hard to tell...the whole point of the "hi my name is joe section" is for us to welcome new WI members to the forum...instead of welcoming themselves i think your idea has potential..but then again, i think it would be sort of akward to go to one of these threads and say "i am new...i read the rules.."

also, i like to try to make a connection with the new members, based on the info they provided. you cannot do this if they are just posting that they are new on a thread. i think what you are basically saying that you want to make a thread with all of your info you post in the "hi my name is joe" section...which is what the blue sticky threads are for

tell me if i read this wrong..i think your idea has potential
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Thanks for posting!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Smile Re: A section to post "Welcome threads" for new WI Members

View Post Originally Posted by gabbyz2
I know you might be thinking this is like the Hi! My name is Joe section but it's not...

Say you wanted to welcome some new WI members, but their are so many threads and you have to try and post in as many as you can? That takes ALOT of work. Wouldn't it be much easier if us older WI Members could have a section to post threads saying "Welcome to the forum! Let me introduce myself to you and tell you a bit about WI!". That way all those multiple threads you posted in you don't have to keep copying and pasting your replies, or making fresh new replies? Instead, just have 1 thread saying a welcome message and then new members can view it and respond.

Please post your opinions about my idea.
If you want to tell new people about the rules, welcome them on their thread. Also, you could just post reminders in this section of the forum. See what I mean?
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
If you want to tell new people about the rules, welcome them on their thread. Also, you could just post reminders in this section of the forum. See what I mean?
Yes. But sometimes their are alot of new members who need to know things about the rules. How would you explain it to each and every one?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

Our new members are given links to the FAQ and to the Rules.
They're also told about how to use the Private and Profile Messaging system.

.......everything they need to know about WI is told to them in Hi Joe.
Gingerly is offline Female
Closed

Tags
gabby got a tag!