Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Default A section for different languages? :)

First of all, I don't know if WI really needs this, but it would be a cool feature either way. =3

I'm on another forum where there's a section to speak in other languages. For instance, there's a French thread, a Spanish thread, etc. where people can chat in their own languages.

It wouldn't just be free for all different-language chat. xD There'd be organized threads, or something similar.

Some things the section would be useful for are:
  • It would be nice for people to be able to relax and chat in their own language.
  • It would be cool for members to be able to put up threads if they need help learning a language.
  • If a member is learning a language, they could become more comfortable using it.
  • It would open up chat for those on the forum.....Webkinz World is offered in different languages, after all.

Although,
  • It would be hard for the mods to moderate, so I'm not sure if this would be possible.
  • WI might not even have the amount of community to participate. (most people speak English)

I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts about this. =3
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: A section for different languages? :)

While this is a great idea (I think it would be VERY helpful) like you said, it would be incredibly difficult to moderate.
Its not that our moderators don't have the skill, but rather the difference in the languages would require a lot of translation, translation which could be lost and not translated at all.
A lot of possible inappropriate conversations could go on without anyone knowing.
It would take a lot of effort to moderate, and like you said be difficult.

However, on the tutoring thread there is a FANTASTIC list of people who asked to be put on the list that speak and can help out in the various languages.
If you speak a language, you can always ask to be added to the list!
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...thread-709435/

That's probably the closest thing to a listing/thread of different languages that we'll get.
And WI is an English speaking site, so like you said, if it were possible it probably wouldn't get much use.

Thank you for sharing your idea with us!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 12-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #3

jennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
While this is a great idea (I think it would be VERY helpful) like you said, it would be incredibly difficult to moderate.
Its not that our moderators don't have the skill, but rather the difference in the languages would require a lot of translation, translation which could be lost and not translated at all.
A lot of possible inappropriate conversations could go on without anyone knowing.

However, on the tutoring thread there is a FANTASTIC list of people who asked to be put on the list that speak and can help out in the various languages.
If you speak a language, you can always ask to be added to the list!
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...thread-709435/

That's probably the closest thing to a listing/thread of different languages that we'll get.
And WI is an English speaking site, so like you said, if it were possible it probably wouldn't get much use.

I love this idea Bree, but Blythe said everything I was going to say. ^
Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe

Agreed.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 12-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
hi

tigerdove is a WIzard
tigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzard

Although this sounds like a nice idea, it would be extremely difficult to moderate. Like Blythe said, innapropriate conversation could go on without the mods being able to find out. Even though many members on here speak english, there are also many who can speak other languages and can help others who don't speak english. I once met a WI member who spoke only Spanish, and I speak quite a bit myself. I was able to welcome them to WI and have a nice conversation. While your idea is thoughtful, it isn't quite necessary. It's still kind of you to try and help members who speak other languages though.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

All the staff here are volunteers doing this in their spare time. To make our lives easier, we ask that you stick to English only.

Do any of you remember the hilarious episodes with the automatic Google Translate feature of a while back? This had been installed on WI so that members could post in their own language or translate English language posts to their own. It gave very goofy results.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
All the staff here are volunteers doing this in their spare time. To make our lives easier, we ask that you stick to English only.

Do any of you remember the hilarious episodes with the automatic Google Translate feature of a while back? This had been installed on WI so that members could post in their own language or translate English language posts to their own. It gave very goofy results.
LOL I loved how it would keep translating WI into 'Wisconsin'
Desty is offline Female
Old 12-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
psalm 27:1

hpfan9 is sweet stuff
hpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Oh my Pie.....
hpfan9 is offline Female
Old 12-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily

I agree! I wish you'd do it again though, it was so much fun! And I laughed harder during that time than I think I ever had. It kept things cheerful! (;
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 12-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #10

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
You just made my day
babykittyricky is offline Female
Closed

Tags
tigerdove is here