Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

Default Scam msg abt this site, why?

Hello! Does anybody know why am I getting a message that this page could be a scam on some pages? The strange thing is that I go to the page and come back, then the message is gone.

(oh, i did "white out" the sections that showed personal info.)

Thank you!!

Last edited by RedBear; 03-01-2008 at 12:27 AM..
RedBear is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: Scam msg abt this site, why?

No idea, it appears that Earthlink has something against us?
Justin is offline Male
Old 09-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
No idea, it appears that Earthlink has something against us?
well that was helpful . they might be overly cautious, i guess. sometimes they ban emails from yahoogroups bc of, well i don't know why!

so you dont think this is related to google's warning then?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:06 AM   #4
´♥¸¸.☆¨¯`♥¸¸.¸.☆¨¯`♥
Gift Guru

blonde_gurrl is just really niceblonde_gurrl is just really nice

could it have something to do with the cookie wi stores when u check the box to save your password?
blonde_gurrl is offline Female
Old 09-21-2007, 03:18 AM   #5
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by RedBear
Hello! Does anybody know why am I getting a message that this page could be a scam on some pages? The strange thing is that I go to the page and come back, then the message is gone.

(oh, i did "white out" the sections that showed personal info.)

Thank you!!
Sometimes those "protective" applications get overzealous, kind of like trying to swat a fly on someone's forehead with an ax LOL. It could be for any of several reasons. Quite often those anti-whatever apps will balk at sites that use Java or ActiveX scripts, macros, or cookies. Also, I have had numerous occurrences over the years where my e-mails weren't coming through not because they were being redirected into a spam or bulk folder, but because an entire host ISP was being blocked by the opposite side, like AOL blocking everything from Yahoo because they were bombarded with massive spam or otherwise inappropriate content by someone who happened to have a Yahoo account, and so rather than just ban that IP address or e-mail, they just banned all of Yahoo. Talk about overkill!

You might have the option of allowing trusted sites and apps to get through the Earthlink filter. If not, you might want to ask the Earthlink folks exactly what the objectionable content is and ask them to help you with a workaround.

WebkinzGram

Last edited by WebkinzGram; 09-21-2007 at 12:09 PM..
Old 09-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
pandapawn43

Justin doesn't even know what's going on. Probably.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
d a r l i n g;]
Gifted

webkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I used Justin smiley's on my website (yes i asked) and one of my member's said that it was stolen and to report it to stolen@webkinzinsider.com

My member didn't tell me that they read it when she was posting on my site.
webkinzrules4ever is offline Female
Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzGram
Sometimes those "protective" applications get overzealous, kind of like trying to swat a fly on someone's forehead with an ax LOL. It could be for any of several reasons. Quite often those anti-whatever apps will balk at sites that use Java or ActiveX scripts, macros, or cookies. Also, I have had numerous occurrences over the years where my e-mails weren't coming through not because they were being redirected into a spam or bulk folder, but because an entire host ISP was being blocked by the opposite side, like AOL blocking everything from Yahoo because they were bombarded with massive spam or otherwise inappropriate content by someone who happened to have a Yahoo account, and so rather than just ban that IP address or e-mail, they just banned all of Yahoo. Talk about overkill!

You might have the option of allowing trusted sites and apps to get through the Earthlink filter. If not, you might want to ask the Earthlink folks exactly what the objectionable content is and ask them to help you with a workaround.

WebkinzGram
thanks! i can still get to the site, the scam msg is annoying . earthlink has blocked yahoo, too. i always guessed it was bc yahoo was considered spam thanks to some hacker or something. last time it happened was a couple of years ago.

justin said that he didnt know so as long as he didnt think it was a worry, then i wont worry abt it. dont feel like calling earthlink.

View Post Originally Posted by blonde_gurrl
could it have something to do with the cookie wi stores when u check the box to save your password?
i dont think so -- all those items are cleared out every time i leave.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzrules4ever
I used Justin smiley's on my website (yes i asked) and one of my member's said that it was stolen and to report it to stolen@webkinzinsider.com

My member didn't tell me that they read it when she was posting on my site.
i'm confused....

Last edited by RedBear; 09-21-2007 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
carlythemonkey1

It's probably just the protectiveness of your computer.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #10
emily7921

That's awkward. My virus protection does not say WI is unsafe? Hmm.. Well, just let us know if it goes away..
Closed