Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #21
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Default Re: Saving uncompleted threads!!!

Actually, you could tell everyone that more things will be added soon. You could always edit it later as well. It's basically "saved" already. Great idea though!
badena2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #22
Gift Guru

mtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
I've seen some ideas similar to this, a few times here and there, but trust me, it's one worth adding to WI. I absolutely hate it when I'm in the middle of writing a thread, or post, and I accidently click something and lose it. I know ( or hope) I'm not the only person who has to redo all of the work that they lost, and it's just horrible if it was especially long, and we can't remember our main points.

And adding on to your idea, maybe there could be an autosave for the posts we're writing, say every ten seconds, it saves all that you have written so far. If what was in the text box is posted, then the "draft" would get deleted from the folder it was held in. I really like this idea, and it would help me out so much, so rep!
Thats a really good idea! Thanks for your input!

View Post Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Conceptually, yes - it's a great idea. The problem is that vBulletin [the software WI uses for this message board] doesn't support it [or at least didn't support it the last time I looked, which was right after 3.8.0 came out]. The closest you'll get is a "notepad" option where you can jot down notes and such, but I don't know if WI has that installed here [I haven't looked] and I can't recall what the size limit is [from the sounds of it, I don't think it's going to be big enough to handle what some would like to do].

So ... your best shot is to contact the creators of vBulletin with your idea and see if it's something they could at least put in as an option.
Oh ok i see, but i still hope it might be able to happen

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
Now here's something not seen often: a truly great idea!

That would be more than useful in many different ways. Not only should threads be able to be saved, but posts, PMs, and VMs should also work this way. Sometimes there is not sufficient time to completely write something up, and other times a screen can accidentally be x'd out (which happens to me quite often, actually). I could use a save feature at all times in the day.

I have had trouble saving messages in Microsoft Word because when I try to re-post them to WI it gives me some sort of error; possibly the one for BB Code Font - it must automatically switch it in Word and I don't know how to change it back.

Let's hope something comes out of this idea! Thanks for bringing it up!
Exactly! and we have many problems like that where we lose posts all the time! thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
I love this idea! I think it would be agreat addition to WI! Whenever I'm working on a big thread I usually have to save it to Word, but what stinks is that if I'm using an animated picture in that thread, I can't save that ... Rep for the awesome idea!
Thanks!
mtlucas is offline Female
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #23
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Another thing that annoys me when I'm making a thread is VMs and PMs. I get TONS of them, and I'd like to be able to save my thread so I can answer those and not have them stack up to 8 or 9.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #24
Ashley‚ô•Spring
Webkinz :)

Webkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonder

That's a GREAT idea! Good Thinking! That'd be very helpful for me.
Webkin Lover is offline Female
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #25
Gift Guru

mtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by wowewe
Another thing that annoys me when I'm making a thread is VMs and PMs. I get TONS of them, and I'd like to be able to save my thread so I can answer those and not have them stack up to 8 or 9.
that annoys me to, what i usually do is start a new tab, then i can anser them! it would be really helpful to hav this feature!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Webkin Lover
That's a GREAT idea! Good Thinking! That'd be very helpful for me.
thanks

Last edited by mtlucas; 05-11-2009 at 03:34 PM..
Old 05-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #26
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Thats an awesome idea! If it was implemented, then the quality of threads would probably raise, because people would have time to get all of their ideas in, revise, etc. Rep to you!
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #27
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

That's a greta idea, especially when you're working hard to design a thread such as a club or GE! Rep!
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #28
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
Thats an awesome idea! If it was implemented, then the quality of threads would probably raise, because people would have time to get all of their ideas in, revise, etc. Rep to you!
That is very true!! Thanks for comenting!

View Post Originally Posted by lunalovegood57
That's a greta idea, especially when you're working hard to design a thread such as a club or GE! Rep!
Yes exactly! when you are making a big, long thread, you don't want to exit because you wil have to start all over!Thanks!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #29
Gifted
Irish Blues will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by mtlucas
Oh ok i see, but i still hope it might be able to happen
Yes, it could happen - but WI cannot make it happen alone. It would have to come from the makers of the vBulletin software first, and then WI could take advantage if it chose.

As it stands now, it's not even possible to put in - because the capability doesn't even exist.
Irish Blues is offline Male
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #30
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Yes, it could happen - but WI cannot make it happen alone. It would have to come from the makers of the vBulletin software first, and then WI could take advantage if it chose.

As it stands now, it's not even possible to put in - because the capability doesn't even exist.
i understand they would have to do that first, I just think it would be cool..
Closed

Tags
*hugs tag*, saving your work