Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Default Re: Save a Draft of a Thread or Post

Great idea nice thinking
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
\m/
Webkinz :)

musicislife666 has disabled reputation

This has been suggested numerous times.
All though it is a good idea, it can not be done.
Then again, I always do this;
Copy + Paste, then open up Microsoft Works Word Processor & keep it there, just in case I don't accidentally copy something else.
musicislife666 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Well the staff could set a cookie, and return it onload event for the main page or threads. . .I'm adding another idea. . .
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
hy am I still a

SmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Save a Draft of a Thread or Post | Default Font Size | Webkinz Insider Store -- WI Bucks Only

View Post Originally Posted by pokemon2
Idea 1 - WI Bucks Store
What if there was a Webkinz Insider market place? And at it you could buy things to upgrade your posts? Things like. . .
  1. Marquee or scrolling text
  2. Horizontal Rules {-----------------------------}
  3. Youtube Video Embedding (costs money for each video uploaded)
  4. Flash Embedding (same as above)
  5. More Images in one post (like 100 bucks for each image, a 30 max image limit)
  6. Roman Numeral Lists
  7. More Smileys
  8. More default font colors, and the exclusive rainbow font!
And you could send them as gifts or sell them for more WI bucks? Any ideas because this is my favorite idea of mine.
Idea 2 - Default Font Sizes
I like to use the 3 font sized a lot. It is easier to see and read. So here is my idea, what if we could have a default font size? It could be 1, 2, or 3. It could cost WI bucks for the 3 size as a default and more for a four size default.
------------------------------
Idea 3 - Save Drafts
Let me explain. Let's say you are working on a long thread or reply, and you have to go. Well what if you could save the post? And load it later? Like next to the 'Preview Post' button their could be a 'Save as Draft' button. You could have folders and what not and delete them like pms. Their could be a side link in the User CP panel labeled 'Drafts' or 'Saved Posts'. You could import them into pms, vms, posts, or threads. You could copy it into word, but word doesn't work well with BBcode and doesn't copy it in right. I think this would be a good feature for non-gifted members making gift threads that no one else can see, well gift trainees. . .just for the sake of learning. Or if someone wanted to make a club, but didn't know if one was already made so they could save it and if their wasn't one, not loose their work. Also, they'd be a like pms so no one could see them. And you could send them to mods or admins to see if they break any rules for new members? I think it'd be easier, what do you think?
Justin has made it VERY clear we will NEVER be allowed to post youtube videos because they can like to other inappropriate videos, for this reason we will never be allowed to post youtube videos. This will not happen with the youtube videos...

Justin also made it clear somewhere that we will not get more smileys because of some we wanted an XD thing back... He will not be adding more smilies...

But other than this here are my thoughts:

Scrolling text
Size Font Idea

Dislikes:
YOUTUBE VIDEOS (See Above)
More smileys (see Reason Above)

Suggestions (If I May):
Choice to UPLOAD a personal smiley (Store)

These are my thoughts!

~Smeller~

SmelzGood84 is offline Male
Old 07-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #15
hy am I still a

SmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
This idea gets suggested on a regular basis. However, this feature is not supported by V-Bulletin, so it just won't happen.

All writers learn (usually the hard way) to make a back-up copy, and then a copy of the back-up. When typing a long post on WI, take a second to highlight your text at intervals, and right-click "copy". You don't have to actually copy it to anything. But if you should accidentally lose your work, you can then right-click "Paste"... and presto! your work is back!

Webberlily:

Vbulletin.org does have an add-on that supports This...
It COULD happen

I Will PM The Admin and Mods with a link when I can get it to copy right...

Last edited by SmelzGood84; 07-24-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #16
hy am I still a

Default Re: Save a Draft of a Thread or Post | Default Font Size | Webkinz Insider Store -- WI Bucks Only

I Pmed the admin of what this is and this is an addon that can be downloaded to do the save as draft thing....

Link here:

vB Drafts - vBulletin.org Forum
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
hy am I still a

Please do not PM the staff with the link again... I did that already!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Did you just triple post? COOL! And thanks for the link, i'll add it right now. You quadruple posted! Wahoo!
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #19
hy am I still a

Originally Posted by Justin
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, the author hasn't updated the modification to 3.8 in some time, which was pulled for "major bugs"
This is an OFFICIAL statement from justin regarding the link... I will keep you posted!
Closed