Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Gift Trainee

x3Kiwi is a jewel in the roughx3Kiwi is a jewel in the rough

Default Safe?

I have this little phobia. This forum is safe right? I mean I know that forums give out IP Addresses, so I wanted to know how safe it is. I'm a little scared since IP addresses tell where you live.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
Isabellab
Gifted

zoeann45 has a spectacular aura aboutzoeann45 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Safe?

I am pretty sure that this place is safe. There are lots of kids that join...it would have to be.
zoeann45 is offline Female
Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
hellotink12
Gift Guru

hellotink12 is a name known to allhellotink12 is a name known to allhellotink12 is a name known to all

Yes! It is REALLY safe! No one is allowed to say, how old you are, what city you live in (but you CAN say what state!), what grade you're in or what school you go to. There has also been a background check on ALL mods and admins. So DON'T be worried! It doesn't get much safer!!
hellotink12 is offline Female
Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #4

miss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talentmiss sherbert has lots of talent

Of course this site is safe!You can make friends,go make polls and all mods and admins have had a backround check!If this websie wasn't safe wouldn't we NOT have over 1,000 members?So get on in and search the forums,make avvies and siggies,and be SAFE!We also have a police force.
miss sherbert is offline Female
Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Call me Amanda!
Gift Guru

Webkinzroxmysox is a glorious beacon of lightWebkinzroxmysox is a glorious beacon of lightWebkinzroxmysox is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, it is safe, but just for the record, don't post your full name, age, city, state, address, grade, ect. They will be modified out of your post, but it's good to be on the safe side.
Webkinzroxmysox is offline Female
Old 05-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

The forum can check you IP, but they never do it unless they need to.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
Angeliqueb33
Gift Guru

Angeliqueb33 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzroxmysox
Yup, it is safe, but just for the record, don't post your full name, age, city, state, address, grade, ect. They will be modified out of your post, but it's good to be on the safe side.
That is the best advice!
Angeliqueb33 is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
ntaspnkasu
Webkinz :)

ntaspnkasu is on a distinguished road

I run a message board (not even related to any thing here) and only the admin can see the ip address. I know that we don't even notice them unless it's an issue of a person trying to spam our board. The good news here is they are on top of that kind of issue, so you don't even see any of that, and like everyone said, it's just safe in general.
ntaspnkasu is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by x3Kiwi
I have this little phobia. This forum is safe right? I mean I know that forums give out IP Addresses, so I wanted to know how safe it is. I'm a little scared since IP addresses tell where you live.
We would NEVER give out an IP address...and members cannot see yours.

Justin and Wendy work hard to make WI as safe as can be. All staff members are adults and we all have to agree to undergo a background check in order to accept a staff position.

You can chose not to accept pms if you feel more comfortable having everything posted to you in the open.

There are rules that have been mentioned that you should follow like never stating your last name, city in which you live, age, and grade. Something to remember is that our forum is an open one. That means anyone who is surfing online can see your posts in the open areas of WI without logging in. So, if you follow the rules and guidelines, there should be no issue.

And of course...if anyone ever has an issue, you can pm a mod or admin and we'll look into it immediately. We take our member's safety very seriously, however, a lot of it is up to you as well.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed