Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Safe? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/safe-291220/)

x3Kiwi05-01-2008 05:57 PM

Safe?

I have this little phobia. This forum is safe right? I mean I know that forums give out IP Addresses, so I wanted to know how safe it is. I'm a little scared since IP addresses tell where you live.:idjut2:

zoeann4505-01-2008 06:05 PM

Re: Safe?

I am pretty sure that this place is safe. There are lots of kids that join...it would have to be.

hellotink1205-01-2008 06:05 PM

Yes! It is REALLY safe! No one is allowed to say, how old you are, what city you live in (but you CAN say what state!), what grade you're in or what school you go to. There has also been a background check on ALL mods and admins. So DON'T be worried! It doesn't get much safer!!

miss sherbert05-01-2008 07:24 PM

Of course this site is safe!You can make friends,go make polls and all mods and admins have had a backround check!If this websie wasn't safe wouldn't we NOT have over 1,000 members?So get on in and search the forums,make avvies and siggies,and be SAFE!We also have a police force.:police:

Webkinzroxmysox05-01-2008 07:53 PM

Yup, it is safe, but just for the record, don't post your full name, age, city, state, address, grade, ect. They will be modified out of your post, but it's good to be on the safe side. ;)

-Lilypad05-01-2008 08:06 PM

The forum can check you IP, but they never do it unless they need to.

Angeliqueb3305-01-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webkinzroxmysox (Post 7280985)
Yup, it is safe, but just for the record, don't post your full name, age, city, state, address, grade, ect. They will be modified out of your post, but it's good to be on the safe side. ;)

That is the best advice!

ntaspnkasu05-02-2008 09:22 AM

I run a message board (not even related to any thing here) and only the admin can see the ip address. I know that we don't even notice them unless it's an issue of a person trying to spam our board. The good news here is they are on top of that kind of issue, so you don't even see any of that, and like everyone said, it's just safe in general.

fairlyoddmom05-02-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3Kiwi (Post 7276858)
I have this little phobia. This forum is safe right? I mean I know that forums give out IP Addresses, so I wanted to know how safe it is. I'm a little scared since IP addresses tell where you live.:idjut2:

We would NEVER give out an IP address...and members cannot see yours.

Justin and Wendy work hard to make WI as safe as can be. All staff members are adults and we all have to agree to undergo a background check in order to accept a staff position.

You can chose not to accept pms if you feel more comfortable having everything posted to you in the open.

There are rules that have been mentioned that you should follow like never stating your last name, city in which you live, age, and grade. Something to remember is that our forum is an open one. That means anyone who is surfing online can see your posts in the open areas of WI without logging in. So, if you follow the rules and guidelines, there should be no issue.

And of course...if anyone ever has an issue, you can pm a mod or admin and we'll look into it immediately. We take our member's safety very seriously, however, a lot of it is up to you as well.