Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Baby252

Red face Sad about rep. boxes? Look here!!!

I have heard many comments on the rep. boxes. Some are VERY mad about it and some are happy with it. At frist I was very upset but now I have seen a new light. We are still the same helpful people we were before. If you have changed and are not helpful anymore because of the rep. boxes being taken away then I beleve that you never really were. The boxes did show how helpful we were but not truth fully. The reson I say this is because some people have been here sence May so they've had longer to earn it. Others have made one great gudie that got them ALOT.(i'm not saying there not helpful) Others have just been radomly picked to help get that person more rep. Now someone who joined but is still helpful will have close to none. New people would look at rep. boxes not the posts. I think now we will have to look at the post and person not at the little green squres. I still want to have rep. but i'm gald i'm not going to be juged by how many boxes I have. I think everyone feels the same.
Qutoes
Click the image to open in full size. Re: Sad about rep. boxes? Look here!!!
That is an EXCELLENT way of looking at it! I though about the exact same thing because yeah i felt the same way about how new members would look only at the "pretty green boxes" below the users name. I know this because my friend has just joined, and i think she is VERY helpful, but because she is new, she isnt getting much rep, and truthfully im not either, even though i THOUGHT i was very helpful, but i guess that im not. I really try to be, and i hope that you continue to post more threads because they are always so helpful!!! thanks!
Click the image to open in full size. Click the pic for my GE!ily my German Shepard named Cookie and my Lil Kinz Basset Hound named Annie!Welcome to the family guys!http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ad.php?t=54409
My reply: See this is why they were taken away. people think they aren't helpful then stop haelping(not saying you do.) You are VERY helpful and now you will see we will ALL see that we help and all have the same rep. It toke me a LONG time to get my 4 rep. boxes.
Click the image to open in full size. Re: Sad about rep. boxes? Look here!!!
I sorta agree. But I hate it. Just because some people were using it as a popularity contest, why take the advantage away from the rest of us that were earning it? It's not fair. I finally worked up to three boxes, and I was working towards a fourth. I like those boxes. They showed me that I was helpful. I know they'll still be there and all- it's just that... ugh. I just don't like it and i'm really upset about it... =[ You just earned yourself some reputation for speaking the truth, informing, and stating a good point. And that's not for popularity, you earned it.

~aerialstar11

Last edited by aerialstar11 : Today at 09:33 PM.
My reply: I never thought of it that way. Great point. Yes not all of us did this. I did enjoy working toward my next box. Sence my post number was about as high as it would go for a while. I do wish they would have stayed then again i'm sure it will help in the long run.

Last edited by Baby252; 11-13-2007 at 09:37 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
XxFergalicousxX
Webkinz :)

XxFergalicousxX will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Sad about rep. boxes? Look here!!!

Yes I do agree with you 100 percent!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Baby252

Thank you.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
Gift Guru

fun4us is on a distinguished road

why did they go away?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
8dance4eva10
Gift Guru

8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent

I completely agree. Although I will miss my rep boxes, it will definitely help many WI members not popularize people. Well said, rep point.
8dance4eva10 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #6
Hi i am Kyle,I am a
Gift Guru

KOLL will become famous soon enough

Yup I totaly agree with you your right.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
Baby252

View Post Originally Posted by fun4us
why did they go away?
People were useing them as a populardy conest.

---------- Baby252 added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by 8dance4eva10
I completely agree. Although I will miss my rep boxes, it will definitely help many WI members not popularize people. Well said, rep point.
Yes, I will miss them too. I loved seeing them but I think it will help.

Last edited by Baby252; 11-13-2007 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #8
faeoori
Gift Guru

faeoori will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure. I mean on the one hand, being judged by your squares wasn't good. On the other hand, people look at how many stars a person has as well. Is it better to judge a person by their number of posts than for their number of good deeds?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Baby252
I have heard many comments on the rep. boxes. Some are VERY mad about it and some are happy with it. At frist I was very upset but now I have seen a new light. We are still the same helpful people we were before. If you have changed and are not helpful anymore because of the rep. boxes being taken away then I beleve that you never really were. The boxes did show how helpful we were but not truth fully. The reson I say this is because some people have been here sence May so they've had longer to earn it. Others have made one great gudie that got them ALOT.(i'm not saying there not helpful) Others have just been radomly picked to help get that person more rep. Now someone who joined but is still helpful will have close to none. New people would look at rep. boxes not the posts. I think now we will have to look at the post and person not at the little green squres. I still want to have rep. but i'm gald i'm not going to be juged by how many boxes I have. I think everyone feels the same.
You're right!!! Thanks for posting this!
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
macy06
Gifted

Lissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud of

I do agree, but i think that i really LOVED and i rele MISS the boxes,

I also thought that they where helpful becasue if you saw someone with lots of boxes, you new that you could ask them for help!
Also .. iloved the littlesaying when you scrolled over them .

I do agree with you completly ..but . Now.. I dont see why we even have rep points.. how is the person you gave them to benefiting?
Lissykinz is offline Female
Closed