Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Stopping this rudeness in the Polls section...

View Post Originally Posted by HarryPotterFreakazoid
well, i PMed her. it was about edward cullen! (the rude comment)
Just because someone doesn't like him, doesn't mean that they should say "Ewww" and shudder whenever someone says his name... I don't like him very much either, but I have a nice way of saying it

---------- dotdotduck added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by gigiluvr25
That's really not nice, I agree.
I don't particularly care for the Jonas Brothers, but that's what I would say: "I don't care for them". Saying "EWWWW!! You like the Jonas Brothers? THEY STINK!!! But no offense." Adding no offense doesn't help. It's just as offensive! Good points.
Rep for you. =]
Thank you very much

And sometimes I see someone post "No offense" but it is followed by a very rude comment, and that doesn't make any sense if they say that... they should just keep their mouth (or in this case, keep their hands away from the keyboard )

Last edited by dotdotduck; 02-16-2009 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
Oh ya Edward says I'
Gifted

dark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of light

I so agree with you like twilight opinion pollz at least one or two people always say I've read reviews that edward's abbusive and takes bellas stuff. we say he is not abbusive and he hides things that remind her of him under her floor boards because he wants her to forget about him. then people say we are bashing on them and we're not we're correcting them and remember these people only read reviews

Last edited by dark_heart; 02-16-2009 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

That's a really good idea! A few days ago two people came onto one of my polls and they're like, "I don't like any of those". The poll was about which profile pic, or avvie should I use next, and I had made these all by myself! It still hurts now, a few days after, because I spent so much time and hard work on them!

...BTW luv your avvie!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #14
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

That sounds like an awful lot of work for the Moderators to have to keep track of 24-hour bans, and I'm not sure if that is the best way to handle the situation - one rude comment might not cause all the commotion that banning a member could.

Maybe something else could be worked out?
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 02-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #15
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
That's a really good idea! A few days ago two people came onto one of my polls and they're like, "I don't like any of those". The poll was about which profile pic, or avvie should I use next, and I had made these all by myself! It still hurts now, a few days after, because I spent so much time and hard work on them!

...BTW luv your avvie!
I'm really sorry that happened and I know I would have felt the same way...

and thanks

---------- dotdotduck added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
That sounds like an awful lot of work for the Moderators to have to keep track of 24-hour bans, and I'm not sure if that is the best way to handle the situation - one rude comment might not cause all the commotion that banning a member could.

Maybe something else could be worked out?
I understand that they are always very busy... but something should be done...

Last edited by dotdotduck; 02-16-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
Adventure Time!(:
Webkinz :)

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs down Re: Stopping this rudeness in the Polls section...

I think that is a tremendous idea!

I am so sick of watching people offed me by saying extremely rude comments about Taylor Swift, Metro Station, or whatever! Everyone can voice their own opinion. Like, instead of: "Uh, Taylor Swift's new album has like NO good songs on it," say: "I liked her previous CD's but the new one just didn't suit me very well." See? Doesn't that sound SO much better?! You know, even if you don't like Taylor Swift and you posted the second one, telling a little white lie is TONS better than making someone upset or hurt by other rude comments you could have left.

I don't post in the Polls section very often (I'm trying to get my 50 posts to become a Gift Trainee and posts in the Polls don't count) but when I do I will always report rudeness if I see it. As I have said in a previous post, "No one opens up a thread thinking 'Gee, I can't wait to feel bad about myself!' So don't MAKE them feel that way". Not to mention if you post rudely on a Thread, it may be closed and that is making a person who had nothing to do with this even suffer. Now that is extremely mean!

I like this thread because you are working to make Webkinz Insider a safer, more fun community!
Thank you!

~PrincessToeshoe~

Last edited by PrincessToeshoe; 02-16-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: oopse! misteak!
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #17
2222r
Gifted

2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
Thank you!

and thats great that she took care of it cause seeing those rude comments can easily put a frown on your face

---------- dotdotduck added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

I'm very sorry to hear that... do they have rules about no swearing/spamming on that forum cause it doesn't sound like its very fun there...
No rules at all except in the tearoom. I'm not aloud in the tearoom any more because the people who hacked onto my account broke the rules in there.
2222r is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #18
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by 2222r
You think that is bad? This other forum I go on swears and spams and posts mean things. They even hacked onto my account and said 'i am an i.diot' on my account. I do not think the poll problem is as bad as that. But I agree it should be fixed.
It may not be as bad as that, but I thought the point of this website was that it was a nice place for people of all ages to visit. I have noticed more posts lately where people state their opinions in a very judgemental way. If you don't like something, that's fine. You can even say you don't like it, but don't say mean things to people who do like it. Judging people who aren't just like you and calling them names is very selfish and quite frankly, immature. It's a form of peer pressure and bullying! People like different things at different stages in their lives and should be able to be who they are without being criticized for it. You know the old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!"

This is a great thread. Reps to you!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

I agree completely.
People have to think: 'Will I be hurting someone's feelings by saying this?'
If that answer is 'yes', they shouldn't even think twice about saying it. If the people know they're going to hurt someone's feelings, it's called common sense. Just don't say it!!
And others think that 'no offense, but...' is okay, but guess what?! It doesn't make it! 'No offense' is just an excuse to say something rude, but making it 'okay' to do so, but it's not! If anything, it makes the other people feel even worse!!

We all have to think: Who's on the other side of the computer?
We don't know what everyone's reaction will be, so it's better to be save than sorry!
Rep, dotdotduck!

♥Lissy
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #20
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by PrincessToeshoe
I think that is a tremendous idea!

I am so sick of watching people offed me by saying extremely rude comments about Taylor Swift, Metro Station, or whatever! Everyone can voice their own opinion. Like, instead of: "Uh, Taylor Swift's new album has like NO good songs on it," say: "I liked her previous CD's but the new one just didn't suit me very well." See? Doesn't that sound SO much better?! You know, even if you don't like Taylor Swift and you posted the second one, telling a little white lie is TONS better than making someone upset or hurt by other rude comments you could have left.

I don't post in the Polls section very often (I'm trying to get my 50 posts to become a Gift Trainee and posts in the Polls don't count) but when I do I will always report rudeness if I see it. As I have said in a previous post, "No one opens up a thread thinking 'Gee, I can't wait to feel bad about myself!' So don't MAKE them feel that way". Not to mention if you post rudely on a Thread, it may be closed and that id making a person who had nothing to do with this even suffer. Now that is extremely mean!

I like this thread because you are working to make Webkinz Insider a safer, more fun community! Thank you! I am also giving you a Reputation Point for the same reason.
Thanks!

~PrincessToeshoe~
Thank you very much

I totally agree with the "Gee, I can't wait to feel bad about myself" People should put themselves in Taylor Swift's place... how would they feel is someone says that their new album stinks?

---------- dotdotduck added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
It may not be as bad as that, but I thought the point of this website was that it was a nice place for people of all ages to visit. I have noticed more posts lately where people state their opinions in a very judgemental way. If you don't like something, that's fine. You can even say you don't like it, but don't say mean things to people who do like it. Judging people who aren't just like you and calling them names is very selfish and quite frankly, immature. It's a form of peer pressure and bullying! People like different things at different stages in their lives and should be able to be who they are without being criticized for it. You know the old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!"

This is a great thread. Reps to you!
That is one of the best sayings ever and everyone should definetly follow it!

Thank you very much for posting this

---------- dotdotduck added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
I agree completely.
People have to think: 'Will I be hurting someone's feelings by saying this?'
If that answer is 'yes', they shouldn't even think twice about saying it. If the people know they're going to hurt someone's feelings, it's called common sense. Just don't say it!!
And others think that 'no offense, but...' is okay, but guess what?! It doesn't make it! 'No offense' is just an excuse to say something rude, but making it 'okay' to do so, but it's not! If anything, it makes the other people feel even worse!!

We all have to think: Who's on the other side of the computer?
We don't know what everyone's reaction will be, so it's better to be save than sorry!
Rep, dotdotduck!

♥Lissy
Thank you very much for posting Lissy

What if the Jo Bros are somewhere here on WI and they are seeing those mean comments about them...? Even though I'm not a big fan of them, I would feel sorry for them...

Last edited by dotdotduck; 02-16-2009 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed