Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Default Re: A Rise In Graphic/Violent Ads-It needs to be put to an end.

View Post Originally Posted by lunalovegood57
This is very true. I know WI has limited control over the ads that occur, but shouldn't there be a setting for the types of ads that are allowed in? The site is G-rated, and I've seen ads for gory/violent games that are at LEAST PG-13.
Yes we need to get rid of anything that isn't G-rated!
i love summer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by i love summer
Yes we need to get rid of anything that isn't G-rated!
This is very important because there are kids on here as young as seven and anything that's not appropriate for the youngest member has no buisness being on here.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by lunalovegood57
This is very important because there are kids on here as young as seven and anything that's not appropriate for the youngest member has no buisness being on here.
I haven't met any 7 year olds on here, but I know of some that aren't very much older, so the inappropriate ads must go!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #14
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
I agree.
I don't know if the staff has any control over what ads are put onto the website, but if they do, I'd highly suggest they try to get those off.
Webkinz Insider is set up to get "Family Friendly" ads from our ad company (Google). Sometimes ads make it through that, while the Google may consider them "Family Friendly", we don't. Justin can go in and block those ads one at a time by the web address.

Unfortunately, we don't get to review the ads before they pop up here on WI. That's where we need your help. If you see an ad that you don't think belongs on WI, please notify a member of the staff. We can pass that information on to Justin so he can block it.

Thank you everyone for your help.
FIA is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by BackFlip15
Ads are perfectly fine. But as you said, the gory ones are AWFUL! I'm not that young, but those still are a bit freaky. This is a kid website and these ads need to be stopped. And as Lily said, I don't want to pay money to get them removed. It shouldn't cost anything.
I agree! These ads need to be stopped, and also, I saw that there were some fighting ones.

The filter is working its best though.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #16
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Webkinz Insider is set up to get "Family Friendly" ads from our ad company (Google). Sometimes ads make it through that, while the Google may consider them "Family Friendly", we don't. Justin can go in and block those ads one at a time by the web address.

Unfortunately, we don't get to review the ads before they pop up here on WI. That's where we need your help. If you see an ad that you don't think belongs on WI, please notify a member of the staff. We can pass that information on to Justin so he can block it.

Thank you everyone for your help.
You are welcome FIA!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
uvs being an insane

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

Yeah, those adds are alittle creepy. And I'm not that young either. Like that bite fight one? *shivers*

I don't know how muh control WI has over that, but if possible they should do something about it. I mean, if those freak me out? Thay've got to scare some little kid stiff.
Smiley Rockr is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I have noticed these, and I think a good thing would also be to refresh/change the page as quick as you can, if not report them
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
WhiteTerrierFan

I haven't seen any of those ads, but it's probably because I have firefox.
It's just terrible that things like that would be on here, you should report it if you see one.
I hope this problem can be solved soon. (:
Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I haven't seen any of those ads, but it's probably because I have firefox.
It's just terrible that things like that would be on here, you should report it if you see one.
I hope this problem can be solved soon. (:
I have Firefox, but I see these ads ALL the time!
xP

View Post Originally Posted by Smiley Rockr
Yeah, those adds are alittle creepy. And I'm not that young either. Like that bite fight one? *shivers*

I don't know how muh control WI has over that, but if possible they should do something about it. I mean, if those freak me out? Thay've got to scare some little kid stiff.
I'm not that young either, and they still disturb me.
And I think that the Bite Fight ones are probably the worst of all the violent ads I've seen.
Closed

Tags
code orange