Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Default A Rise In Graphic/Violent Ads-It needs to be put to an end.

First, I would like to say that I thank the WI staff for keeping the ads family-friendly and appropriate.
However, I have noticed that over the passed couple weeks, there have been many ads for violent & gory game websites. And if it were just one ad, I would have reported it. But it isn't. It's SEVERAL different companies' ads. The ads themselves are too graphic for young kids. I mean, how do 7 year olds NOT get nightmares from seeing these ads that contain bloody, violent, half-dead things in them?

Since I myself cannot report ALL of these, I need the help of the community. Every time you see an ad of this nature, PLEASE report it to a mod or admin.

You should also report ANY ad of any inappropriate nature.
Thanks,
♥Maddi
i love summer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: A Rise In Graphic/Violent Ads-It needs to be put to an end.

Thank you for bringing this to attention. I can not because I have the ads turned off, but if you have FireFox, you can right click an ad you don't want to see, and you have the ability to turn it off
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Yes, I agree. I have seen people being told "Become an Insider Insider and they are all gone."
I don't think on a family site we should have to pay our money just to avoid these violent/graphic ads. Ads are fine but these are too much.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I agree.
I don't know if the staff has any control over what ads are put onto the website, but if they do, I'd highly suggest they try to get those off.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Ads are perfectly fine. But as you said, the gory ones are AWFUL! I'm not that young, but those still are a bit freaky. This is a kid website and these ads need to be stopped. And as Lily said, I don't want to pay money to get them removed. It shouldn't cost anything.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
Webkinz :)
brneyz has disabled reputation

yeah I have firefox and because of my settings I do not see and have not seen those ads...
Old 04-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

Yes, pne of my sisters was on WI and this site about horror things came up,CREEPY....
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Thanks all of you!
I have Firefox, but I didn't know you could just turn the ads off!
i love summer is offline Female
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

This is very true. I know WI has limited control over the ads that occur, but shouldn't there be a setting for the types of ads that are allowed in? The site is G-rated, and I've seen ads for gory/violent games that are at LEAST PG-13.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 04-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
Gifted

JJ08 has disabled reputation

yeah I don't like those adds, one day we might be able to be and insider insider withWI bucks and get to remove those adds, but for now I really wish they would go ,so i'll help
JJ08 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange