Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Smile Right Click NO!!!!

On some sites like piczo, if you go to right click, the person might have put a thing on their site saying, "Please don't right click, etc." I think that we should do this on WI. Some people get upset when other people take their ideas, threads, avatars, etc. The only section we shouldn't put this is in the avatar/profile pic./siggies/ thread and Its a party! thread because some people have pet shops. In the avatar shop they couldn't pick up their order if they had that there! It may not be possible because of the vBulliten, but I think less arguments would break out.

Please post opinions! Thanks!
badena2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
4 Accts, please ask
Gift Guru

Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!Momma is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Right Click NO!!!!

I hate those since people can easily take a screen shot of the images and post them on their site.. I use a right click to open links in new tabs ALL of the time and once a site blocked all right-clicks I usually stop visiting them!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
no

badena2 defies all odds

Unhappy Re: Right Click NO!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Momma
I hate those since people can easily take a screen shot of the images and post them on their site.. I use a right click to open links in new tabs ALL of the time and once a site blocked all right-clicks I usually stop visiting them!
I see where your coming from, but wouldn't you be mad if someone easily took a pic. from your thread and put it in their's without credit?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

I think that might be a good idea, but it might slow the site down.
Amymt is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
no

badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: Right Click NO!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Amymt
I think that might be a good idea, but it might slow the site down.
It shouldn't slow down the site, its just a right click.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

1.) It will slow down the site
2.) Most avvies are from iconator
minimaid is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

It's a javascript code. I put it on my personal sites so people don't lift my animations. True there are always ways around it though.
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #8

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I think that is a brilliant idea!

It is awful for people to copy/paste other people's ideas. I myself have experienced people right clicking on and saving avatars I made without asking, it's not particularly nice and it's not fun.

They should put this is the rules.

great thread!

Last edited by Pandora's Box; 02-04-2009 at 10:18 PM..
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

I think that is a great idea! No one likes to have their post or things taking from their shop.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
Do you like cake?

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

But then I wouldnt be able to quote things from other threads, or copy owrds if i dont know how to spell them. Sorry i just dont think it would be a good idea, but it might happen!
rachel21 is offline Female
Closed