Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Right Click NO!!!! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/right-click-no-465655/)

badena202-04-2009 09:44 PM

Right Click NO!!!!

:police:On some sites like piczo, if you go to right click, the person might have put a thing on their site saying, "Please don't right click, etc." I think that we should do this on WI. Some people get upset when other people take their ideas, threads, avatars, etc. The only section we shouldn't put this is in the avatar/profile pic./siggies/ thread and Its a party! thread because some people have pet shops. In the avatar shop they couldn't pick up their order if they had that there!:police: It may not be possible because of the vBulliten, but I think less arguments would break out.

Please post opinions! Thanks! ;D

Momma02-04-2009 09:46 PM

Re: Right Click NO!!!!

I hate those since people can easily take a screen shot of the images and post them on their site.. I use a right click to open links in new tabs ALL of the time and once a site blocked all right-clicks I usually stop visiting them!

badena202-04-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma (Post 12855860)
I hate those since people can easily take a screen shot of the images and post them on their site.. I use a right click to open links in new tabs ALL of the time and once a site blocked all right-clicks I usually stop visiting them!

I see where your coming from, but wouldn't you be mad if someone easily took a pic. from your thread and put it in their's without credit?:nope:

Amymt02-04-2009 09:49 PM

I think that might be a good idea, but it might slow the site down.

badena202-04-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amymt (Post 12855908)
I think that might be a good idea, but it might slow the site down.

It shouldn't slow down the site, its just a right click.;)

minimaid02-04-2009 09:54 PM

1.) It will slow down the site
2.) Most avvies are from iconator

jaxcat02-04-2009 09:54 PM

It's a javascript code. I put it on my personal sites so people don't lift my animations. True there are always ways around it though.

Pandora's Box02-04-2009 10:16 PM

I think that is a brilliant idea!

It is awful for people to copy/paste other people's ideas. I myself have experienced people right clicking on and saving avatars I made without asking, it's not particularly nice and it's not fun. :(

They should put this is the rules. :D

great thread!

Teamplaya202-04-2009 10:26 PM

I think that is a great idea! No one likes to have their post or things taking from their shop.

rachel2102-04-2009 10:28 PM

But then I wouldnt be able to quote things from other threads, or copy owrds if i dont know how to spell them. Sorry i just dont think it would be a good idea, but it might happen! :)