Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   a right click blocker (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/right-click-blocker-639141/)

Juicy Couture07-14-2010 10:07 PM

a right click blocker

i know that the graphics here on wi are pretty snazzy & we get lots of people on the site daily. i've seen on some sites where they have a right click blocker so people can't steal images/copy images. this might not be option on vbulletin, but i was thinking that this would be a good idea. i'm not saying that anyone steals wi graphics or anything, it's just an idea. the only problem that i can think of is that it would cause problems when it comes to graphic shops but they shop owner could show they're orders with the correct tags & without. ( ['img'] ['/img'] )

Quack Quack07-14-2010 10:22 PM

Re: a right click blocker

I like this idea ;)

jorking07-14-2010 10:28 PM

i really like this idea.

webkinzro07-14-2010 10:46 PM

I'm sorry but I have to Dis-agree.There are many guides that need the pics from the front page.

Many guides need these pics to make it easier to understand;look better;be more complete;and be all together and easy to acess.

The webkinz clubs ex: Peace pup club.They may need pics from the front page [vitrual pics,PSI,PSF,first adoption..etc]

WebkinzAreSoFun07-14-2010 10:48 PM

I kind of like this idea. You could still take a screenshot and save it on Paint though...

Webberlily07-14-2010 11:54 PM

Such a feature would cause many inconveniences. I use the right-click and copy all the time. For example when posting a thumbnail, I can then open it up, copy and paste it back into my post. This is very useful when viewing contests among other functions. And the tracking threads... they would come to a standstill without right-click/copy.

And as WebkinzAreSoFun has pointed out, anyone can still take a screenshot in order to take someone else's work. Right-clicking is not the only way to steal artwork if you are so inclined.

Your own artwork or graphics, my advice is to always put your name on them. Some programs will even put a watermark on your work, that would really help.

angelique195807-15-2010 12:29 AM

I think it is essevtial to be anle to right click/copy for so many reasons. If someone takes your graphic, you should have you name on it and just feel happy that someone really likes what you have done. I am not for copying whole sections or anything unless it is only used here.

Webberlily07-15-2010 12:33 AM

Stealing graphics is not allowed on WI. If anyone steals a graphic that you have MADE, just flag it for staff to deal with the problem.

Tula07-15-2010 01:33 AM

I always put my name over my pictures that I am concerned about. I put it in such a place that someone would ruin the picture trying to take it out or cover it up. I agree that there are many other ways to grab graphics besides right clicking. With that in mind I also agree I am not sure this would be useful. I do understand why people want to protect their images though.

webkinz_forever07-15-2010 02:26 AM

It's not just screenshots. Just view the page source and you have the url to whatever image. Or quote the post and you can get it right from the IMG tag...

So no, I wouldn't want this. It'd just be annoying.