Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #31
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
I just had a funny thought.

Maybe these things aren't in the rules because the mods are just like us?

Bob: this should be in the rules.
Tom: no, that's too strict.
Bob: but I said so!
Sally: I agree with Tom, it's too strict.
Pete: no, it should be in the rules, that's a good rule.
Steve: yeah, it is!
Katherine: no, what kind of rule is that? What you're trying to ban is harmless!
*huge internet fight breaks out, nothing is solved, and in the end, some mods don't ban it, and some mods do*

good thinking! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #32
boom roasted
Webkinz :)

moonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guide

Katherine: no, what kind of rule is that? What you're trying to ban is harmless!
*huge internet fight breaks out, nothing is solved, and in the end, some mods don't ban it, and some mods do*

Hahaha!
The mods are human too, guys. There are definitely some that are more lenient than others.
moonriver is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #33
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Thanks for posting your opinions, guys.
I would like to quote each one separately, but that'd take me all day, and I'd end up repeating myself. >_> Hope you don't mind.

Well, they are the adults in charge here.
They should be able to agree and set up solid rules that everyone has to follow...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #34
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

Sorry, but I don't really agree. WI is way too strict already, and adding these rules would only make things worse. In fact, WI is the most strict forum I've ever been to before. And we also should have the right to say whether we like a website or not.
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #35
Woah! I am
Gifted

webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!

I agree compleatly. The WI rules are for your safety. If people do not want to follow them DO NOT JOIN! Some people join so they can complain. It is a pain.
webkinzkayla is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #36
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

i'd like to see what a mod has to say about this.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #37
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

There are already stickied threads in each section of the WI forums that show the sort of threads that are not allowed in that particular part of the forums. If people are making threads without reading those threads and the thread gets deleted, it's because everyone should read the stickied threads before posting on the forum. Also, I don't think Open Mike would be such a great idea, as a large population of our members don't hang out here in Open Mike. It could be in this section, WI Rules & Suggestions. As for this list,
Quote:
An example of things that would be allowed...
Earning money advice
What type of pet/ipod/camera/webkinz/ect should I get
Outfit help
Recommendations for music/books/movies/video games
Where can I find/buy a certain item
These are things that are already fairly clearly allowed mostly in Open Mike or General Discussion. I also agree with Desty, and a lot of others here. This site has a volunteer staff, and we are very lucky that they're all so nice and some even a bit lenient with punishment. And that we haven't driven anyone crazy. As for members being confused as to why their thread was deleted or anythings, they could PM a staff member with questions and I'm sure they would be happy to answer.
Sorry this turned out so long... what I'm trying to say is, I agree with you, but most of these rules already are renewed and/or very clear.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #38
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck

Well, they are the adults in charge here.
They should be able to agree and set up solid rules that everyone has to follow...
Well, they have. Some people can't seem to want to follow the rules they agreed to when they joined. I think it's just that a few of the members have changed, not so much the rules. I would say that the overwhelming majority of the members here love that this site is the way it is.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #39
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Tyrannus Rex
Sorry, but I don't really agree. WI is way too strict already, and adding these rules would only make things worse. In fact, WI is the most strict forum I've ever been to before. And we also should have the right to say whether we like a website or not.
the rules are for your safety. the internet is a scary place sometimes. i believe this website is intended for users of very young ages, and teens, adults, elders, etc.
what if a 9 year old girl saw a thread about BP's oil spill and a bunch of people fighting about it. what about a thread that the topic is the economy.
it's "strict" for safety. I think the rules are for my safety and others. yeah, I have had some threads deleted but I see why they were deleted.

Last edited by softballipod; 07-26-2010 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: typo
softballipod is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #40

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

When my threads/posts get deleted, I always PM a mod if I am unsure. Some are more than happy to help and answer my questions, while others could care less. It is nice that some are willing to help, but I still think it would be nice to have some details written out.
geros9 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer