Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #341
carry on.
Gifted

coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
If the rules here become more open and lax, this site will lose many of the adult members who have contributed a lot, (and some have already left or are considering leaving because of all of this complaining) and many of the kids who joined this site because their parents checked it out and gave it an 'ok'. I would leave too. I have visited other Webkinz forums, and I do not like the more relaxed rules. Those sites tend to crash more often as well. I do not think that the people here who have offered those other sites as options have offered something that is safe. You either have rules and boundaries, which create a safe website, or you have lax rules, wihich create many potential serious problems. I would really like to know what the founders of this site decide. I won't stay on a site that doesn't value safety as its top priority.
Desty, you always make the best posts. Imagine what WI would be if we didn't have any of these rules. Completely chaos.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #342
SEE the THUNDER
Webkinz :)

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Aiorna
I have been reading this thread and it appears to me that it has gotten WAY off topic.

The original post suggested that there be a place for a list of allowed/ or not allowed topics for threads somewhere on WI. It's original intent was in NO way to suggest to WI what topics should be permitted.

Now there is all this chatter about what is appropriate and what is not appropriate for topics. That is not "our" decision. I do think that as members we can share opinions and have input, however, ultimately, the is not ours.

*thank you to my mom for interpreting for me so my words would be clear and not misunderstood*

What? I haven't seen off topicness ( is that even a word?) I've only seen the angry people who are mad about the strict rules, (Its A LOT better to be safe than sorry, because somebody said they'd rather be unsafe, well, you'd rethink that if a creeptacular creeper came and took you...) And posts about stop bashing the Mods/Admins. But, I don't read ALL the posts. (:

View Post Originally Posted by coolio101
Desty, you always make the best posts. Imagine what WI would be if we didn't have any of these rules. Completely chaos.
She does. Agreed.

Oh gosh. *Shudders at those of WI without rules* D:

View Post Originally Posted by catspaws
I'm going to agree with Jazzy. But somethings we can't change. So we either stay on WI, or leave.
I am going to stay. -And follow the WI rules as much as I can, even if I don't like them
Yep. If your going to just be complaining about the rules, there is more fourms of webkinz to check out, nobody is forcing you to stay or leave, its just what i would do. (:
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #343

Webkinzrock19 will become famous soon enough

I made a thread about the dangers of puppy mills and pet stores and where you could go to adopt a dog safetly. I dont know if it was against the rules, but it was deleted.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #344
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
If the rules here become more open and lax, this site will lose many of the adult members who have contributed a lot, (and some have already left or are considering leaving because of all of this complaining) and many of the kids who joined this site because their parents checked it out and gave it an 'ok'. I would leave too. I have visited other Webkinz forums, and I do not like the more relaxed rules. Those sites tend to crash more often as well. I do not think that the people here who have offered those other sites as options have offered something that is safe. You either have rules and boundaries, which create a safe website, or you have lax rules, which create many potential serious problems. I would really like to know what the founders of this site decide. I won't stay on a site that doesn't value safety as its top priority.
Desty always has the bests posts. One day I'll post like you Miss Desty! Hehehe! :]
jaspyr is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #345
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzrock19
I made a thread about the dangers of puppy mills and pet stores and where you could go to adopt a dog safetly. I dont know if it was against the rules, but it was deleted.
If you feel that it shouldn't have been deleted, then pm a mod or admin. They will tell you why it was deleted.
suneshin3 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #346
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Aiorna
I have been reading this thread and it appears to me that it has gotten WAY off topic.

The original post suggested that there be a place for a list of allowed/ or not allowed topics for threads somewhere on WI. It's original intent was in NO way to suggest to WI what topics should be permitted.

Now there is all this chatter about what is appropriate and what is not appropriate for topics. That is not "our" decision. I do think that as members we can share opinions and have input, however, ultimately, the is not ours.

*thank you to my mom for interpreting for me so my words would be clear and not misunderstood*

I don't think it's off topic.. people are discussing experiences they had, we are still talking about the WI rules and the bottom line it still the same
Old 07-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #347

kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell

(I'm just visting and I had this Idea to write this letter.)

Dear WI Members

I come on here to get away from the real world my life is crazy. When I joined
back in 09 it was fun had fun looking at the threads in Open mike and throwing my two cents in and the polls were awesome and
finding new friends that like the same things I do and designing my profile.

This past year I and many other members felt like the rules are getting stricter
because our post/threads get deleted for reasons that aren’t in the rules and
the members are leaving.When we ask why they get deleted sometimes Mods and
admins don’t give us answers half the time. I know of one story a club thread got
deleted and nobody got answers why it got deleted, now it moved to a different Webkinz
forum. It’s gets aggravating and frustrating!!!! Guys wait till you get your post/threads deleted every time you turn around then you’ll get fed up with it....... I know you guys are tired of us complaining about it but it’s our opinion and it’s not so much as complaining just sharing our opinion. I’ve seen complaining and I can tell the difference between the two.
The Mods and Admins are amazing! There are a four that I even Admire!!!

I know it’s a “family friendly” site but the only thing is your thinking about the little kids and not us older kids. There are forums out there that have rules but they are more relaxed and funner. I’m on
these four forums and I feel like I can be myself and NOT be afraid of getting in trouble
every time I turn around. Some members(including me) are getting mature! I know
rules are there to keep us safe but it’s hard to follow them when you don’t know what
they are half the time!!! They get change every time you turn around. I know this is a
big forums but I’ve seen bigger and their rules are lade back and none of their members run wild.

Creative writing and Role playing rules I didn’t know that little kids didn’t huge their friends or hold their parents hands.When did that happen? I know I’m in my teens but I didn’t know that. Please explain to me why that isn’t aloud on here. Am I miss understanding something about that? If I Remember right that is rated G or am I just not getting it? I asked my mom who works
with kids under age of 8 and she says that its allowed and she’s been in this children field for a VERY long time. I remember being a little girl watching rated G movies and people are hugging and holding hands. To me ( I know people will disagree in which I’ve had that happen to me so many times I just don’t care anymore) that should be aloud or at lest hugging!

Open mike, if you aren’t gonna allowed family/friend advice or anything like that then What is the reason for having it?
I understand the medical advice like ( OMG I fell off my bike and my leg hurt
so bad I can’t hardly move what do I do? Or My dad can’t breath what do i Do?) but
like I just got braces any advice on how to take care of them( I know orthodontists are supposed to tell you but sometimes people don’t listen)? or anything like that seems fine to me....
PLEASE stop with the fluff threads! I’m begging you PLEASE!!!!!!! They are beyond
anything annoying! I’m like why are you telling the hole world this? Did you know ANYONE can see it?

The only reason why I go in this site is because of these few people that are my greatest friends( I know it’s shocking I have friends!!). Now it’s even harder to chat with them and not be afraid of saying the wrong thing and getting in trouble. I know you’ll say “ oh you can just leave if you don’t like the rules” My friends MEAN everything to me ( I’ve NEVER had true friends like I do now. Ya they can get on my last nerve but they are my friends) and it’s beyond hard to just say bye i’m leaving! And when you say that it makes us feel that you actually want us to leave WI..

This is how I feel and my opinion. I know you won’t
agree with me. Nobody hardly ever does.
I’m not changing my opinion. I’m not changing who I am. That what you guys are basically telling me to do. I think Justin, Wendy and Kevin made an awesome site and Thanks but I’m starting to get too old for webkinz and for WI( I know Cows An’t 99 years old!! Thats just impossible!). I’m not changing me and my opinion. If you can’t accept it then................... I’m SORRY!

Love Kayla8209. I only come on WI every three or four days. I don't stay on all day every day.
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #348
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I think to a certain extent some things can be discussed. Something like "I'm having friend problems and don't know what to do" but doesn't go too in depth. I know sometimes it can be hard talking about your problems to people face to face and it's easier online. As long as threads don't get too out of hand or too personal I think it should be allowed. Sometimes people are just seeking reassurance. I don't think reassurance is too out of hand. However threads like "My friend _____ and I are fighting over a guy.... blah blah blah" shouldn't be allowed. Threads that an apply to any age group (just like my first example) should generally be allowed.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #349
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by kayla8209

Dear WI Members

back in 09 it was fun had fun looking at the threads in Open mike and throwing my two cents in and the polls were awesome and

This past year I and many other members felt like the rules are getting stricter
admins don’t give us answers half the time. I know of one story a club thread got
deleted and nobody got answers why it got deleted, now it moved to a different Webkinz
forum. It’s gets aggravating and frustrating!!!! Guys wait till you get your post/threads deleted every time you turn around then you’ll get fed up with it....... I know you guys are tired of us complaining about it but it’s our opinion and it’s not so much as complaining just sharing our opinion. I’ve seen complaining and I can tell the difference between the two.

I know it’s a “family friendly” site but the only thing is your thinking about the little kids and not us older kids. There are forums out there that have rules but they are more relaxed and funner. I’m on
these four forums and I feel like I can be myself and NOT be afraid of getting in trouble
rules are there to keep us safe but it’s hard to follow them when you don’t know what
they are half the time!!! They get change every time you turn around. I know this is a
big forums but I’ve seen bigger and their rules are lade back and none of their members run wild.

Creative writing and Role playing rules I didn’t know that little kids didn’t huge their friends or hold their parents hands.When did that happen? I know I’m in my teens but I didn’t know that. Please explain to me why that isn’t aloud on here. Am I miss understanding something about that? If I Remember right that is rated G or am I just not getting it? I asked my mom who works
with kids under age of 8 and she says that its allowed and she’s been in this children field for a VERY long time. I remember being a little girl watching rated G movies and people are hugging and holding hands. To me ( I know people will disagree in which I’ve had that happen to me so many times I just don’t care anymore) that should be aloud or at lest hugging!

Open mike, if you aren’t gonna allowed family/friend advice or anything like that then What is the reason for having it?
so bad I can’t hardly move what do I do? Or My dad can’t breath what do i Do?) but
like I just got braces any advice on how to take care of them( I know orthodontists are supposed to tell you but sometimes people don’t listen)? or anything like that seems fine to me....
PLEASE stop with the fluff threads! I’m begging you PLEASE!!!!!!! They are beyond
anything annoying! I’m like why are you telling the hole world this? Did you know ANYONE can see it?

The only reason why I go in this site is because of these few people that are my greatest friends( I know it’s shocking I have friends!!). Now it’s even harder to chat with them and not be afraid of saying the wrong thing and getting in trouble. I know you’ll say “ oh you can just leave if you don’t like the rules” My friends MEAN everything to me ( I’ve NEVER had true friends like I do now. Ya they can get on my last nerve but they are my friends) and it’s beyond hard to just say bye i’m leaving! And when you say that it makes us feel that you actually want us to leave WI..

I’m not changing my opinion. I’m not changing who I am. That what you guys are basically telling me to do. I think Justin, Wendy and Kevin made an awesome site and Thanks but I’m starting to get too old for webkinz and for WI( I know Cows An’t 99 years old!! Thats just impossible!). I’m not changing me and my opinion. If you can’t accept it then................... I’m SORRY!

Love Kayla8209. I only come on WI every three or four days. I don't stay on all day every day.
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'd like to point out a couple of things that i strongly disagreed with in this letter, if i may.

First off, people will disagree with you all your life, i just want to say nobody is trying to change you. You don't need to change your opinion becuase others disagree. It's YOUR opinion.

Now, if a thread was deleted, there must have been a legit reason for it. Do you remember what the thread was about? Think back, and ask yourself, would it be okay for a 7 year old to come along and read that?

We understand that you, along with many many other WI members are maturing-- it's a part of life!! While you are maturing, others may not be. We need to keep all of our members in consideration with every little thing we post.

You mentioned that other forums are more relaxed. Well, while comparing, let's see... Do those other forums have this many members? Do they have such great updates? Great spoilers? You mentioned some forums are even bigger, but they may not be as safe. It is unbelievable what kind of people this world holds. Although we may be great people with big hearts, unfotunately not everyone is like this. People can gather information from you, and that is NOT what we want here at WI. Without rules, this site would be terrible.

Yes, young kids may hug each other, they may hold hands with their parents. But there are reasons this is not allowed on WI. Things like that can get easily out of hand, and if a little child comes and sees it, there is no going back.

Once you post something and the wrong eyes see it, deleting the thread does not make them forget about it. There are some things that children should NOT learn from a website, instead from their parents and teachers.

This site is a WEBKINZ fan site. Not a hugging, health related, off topic, hand holding fan site. It is a privellage to have the open mike, RP , and head to the pollz section. Has anyone ever considered that if we are unable to follow the rules, these sections could be removed? We should be happy that we have them at all, so we should abide by whatever rules the mods and admins have. Just remember to keep things age appropriate. If something gets deleted and you don't know why, maybe try pming a mod or admin that is ONLINE and active (:

The rules are only theur to keep everyone safe.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:35 PM   #350
Hahaha!!!

rottweilergirl has much to be proud ofrottweilergirl has much to be proud ofrottweilergirl has much to be proud ofrottweilergirl has much to be proud ofrottweilergirl has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by kayla8209

Dear WI Members

thanks for writing this it was worth logging on a replying to this

by the way a lot of people are on strike including me, but i had to log in because my friend on facebook saw this awesome post and i had to log in to reply to it

I agree with everything you said by the way, at least if they can't let a couple things for the older people like putting hugs and had holding in our stories thay could at least make a Webkinzinsider for 12 years and older, i mean it would be the same thing only for older kids and less stricter rules, so everyone would stop complaining and putting people down... frick even i'd stop complaining.

I'M SUGGESTING THIS STRONGLY!! MAKE A WI FOR OLDER KIDS!!!!!!!! I MEAN COME ON! YOU GUYS ALREADY HAVE.. WHAT FIVE WEBSITES?! MAKE ANOTHER FOR THE SAKE OF NOT LOSING ALMOST EVERY SINGLE MEMBER YOU GUYS HAVE!!!!
rottweilergirl is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer