Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #311
SEE the THUNDER
Webkinz :)

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by softballipod
would you want to ask some stranger on the internet about your friends?? there are parenst, guardians, counsolers, therpists, plus much more you could talk to for advice.
perfect.
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2010, 05:51 AM   #312

Scenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by jj8
Do you want a 7 yr. old to learn about dating and marrying and babies and such? Do they need to learn that from a WEBKINZ based site? NO!
This is your opinion. I have my opinion.
Scenealicious is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 AM   #313

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

My perspective; Parents should be watching their kids on the internet & making sure they're safe. If the kids don't use their knowledge on the internet, that's their problem. Learn to grow up & use the internet properly. If you get hurt or in trouble, there's probably a reason behind it that the kid is the cause of. I know parents can't always be watching the kids, but they should be able to take care of them enough to know what they're doing. If they don't well that's more of a family issue to deal with.

I think it's more of a half and half thing. The staff is thinking about the little children, but worry about the adults & teenagers that wanna have a little fun and feel free to talk about things? I got a post deleted by talking about satan. You don't know if someone on WI believes in worshiping satan and could sue for religious discrimination. But, the little kids on shouldn't be ignorant by giving people their city, location, phone number, etc anyway.

And about venting problems, not everyone has someone to talk to. Not everyone can afford a therapist. Not everyone has a family to talk to. Not everyone has friends. & if we can't talk about relationships & vent problems in Open Mike, what CAN we talk about there? I understand the ground rules, but some are just getting flat out ridiculous. I also don't think age matters. There's a billion other people with the same age. Reply with agree/disagreements?

Last edited by turtlegurl; 07-31-2010 at 06:06 AM..
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 06:02 AM   #314

Scenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by turtlegurl
My perspective; Parents should be watching their kids on the internet & making sure they're safe. If the kids don't use their knowledge on the internet, that's their problem. Learn to grow up & use the internet properly. If you get hurt or in trouble, there's probably a reason behind it that the kid is the cause of. I know parents can't always be watching the kids, but they should be able to take care of them enough to know what they're doing. If they don't well that's more of a family issue to deal with.

I think it's more of a half and half thing. The staff is thinking about the little children, but worry about the adults & teenagers that wanna have a little fun and feel free to talk about things? I got a post deleted by talking about satan. You don't know if someone on WI believes in worshiping satan and could sue for religious discrimination. But, the little kids on shouldn't be ignorant by giving people their city, location, phone number, etc anyway.

And about venting problems, not everyone has someone to talk to. Not everyone can afford a therapist. Not everyone has a family to talk to. Not everyone has friends. & if we can't talk about relationships & vent problems in Open Mike, what CAN we talk about there? I understand the ground rules, but some are just getting flat out ridiculous. Reply with agree/disagreements?
I agree 100%.
Scenealicious is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 06:02 AM   #315

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by vansquez
I think it should be allowed, not like 'Oh! I wanna get revenge, but how? I'll go on WI for advice!' But I don't think they would make a rule against it because no one would ever think of doing it, it would just be common sense. Have you ever seen any threads like that before??? I haven't. All friend advice SHOULD be allowed because EVERYONE has friends and EVERYONE (at one oint or another) wants/needs advice...
No one says that...lol.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:02 AM   #316

View Post Originally Posted by Scenealicious
I agree 100%.
Fanks, brothah.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 AM   #317

View Post Originally Posted by bluey1998
That is definitely not right. WI is to discuss about webkinz, and there must be rules to keep things straight. Kids will grow up, and they'll learn about those things in school. They can even ask an adult like their parents to learn about these things. If kids can afford the internet to go on WI and other sites, I assume they will have time to go to school. It's a bit peculiar to have money to pay for internet and not school. It isn't right, does anyone not agree with me? WI is not a place to discuss those things as WI isn't made to discuss about these things
Yes, WI is targeted for Webkinz, but what do you think the "Open Mike" is for?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #318

View Post Originally Posted by wyatt061
Some rules are great, others aren't. Rules are rules.
Heres how creepers work without WI (I am not a creeper, so I can't do it 100% right. Plus they work over months and months to get info)
User (good person)
Creeper (creeper)

Creeper *made a poll about what color eyes they have*
User : I have blue eyes.

Creeper *made an open mike section about your hair color*
User: I have brown hair.

Creeper *goes on DCT and talks to user*
User: it's warm here in Florida.

Not much has been learned
Brown haired, Blue eyes, Florida

But think if they keep telling things, the creeper would know more.

If they posted their age, their first and middle name... how tall they are, how much they weigh, what school, what city.

People are not smart enough to do that, trust me. I know someone who told everything about themself and toke pics of them and posted it.

WI is here to keep you safe. I know awful stories about children who fall for their tricks and give out info.
Well kids should know who to trust or who not to. If they don't, don't be on the internet chatting freely with other users. I don't know that any of you are random creepers. Parents should be telling their kids what to do and not to do on the internet. Learn something about it before you use it. I think posting state, age, weight, and height don't matter. MANY MANY MANY other people could have the exact same thing. Anything else, would be bad. But again, it's the kid's responsibility to know what to say.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #319
carry on.
Gifted

coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

Just quoting what I've posted.

View Post Originally Posted by coolio101
I have seen many posts, and I think it's finally time to share my opinion (again).
It's better to be safe than sorry. No matter if you are 5, or 95, people CAN track you down with information. For people who say they want to be less safe than more safe, I'm a little confused why someone would say that. I would rather be more safe than less safe, but that's just my opinion. The mods and admins close and delete threads for a reason, they aren't monsters with delete buttons they press for enjoyment, like Desty said. Being a mod/admin is more responsibility and work then you think, and personally, the mods ad admins have a lot on their plate, and I think it would be better if we say "Thanks!" and "I love what you do!" instead of complaining why WI is too strict for our safety.
It's just my opinion.
Also, since everyone is talking about if family problems and such should be allowed, I'm deciding to give my opinion (hopefully no one will yell at me and say I'm wrong like the other times )

Family Advice: I think non-personal family advice could be allowed. How to get your family closer together, how to be nice to your brother, nothing personal.
Friend Advice: I think Friend Advice should be OK in the Open Mike. People probably want to talk to people their own age, who have probably been to the same problems. After all, we are a community.
Medical Advice: If it's simple, like "How do I get my mosquito bite to stop itching?" because many people on here probably have special methods, etc. BUT, if it's something that only a doctor knows the answer to (I think a majority of us probably aren't doctors ), I don't see a point in asking because people probably won't know. And if it's that bad, you should ask your parents if you can go to the doctor.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:18 AM   #320
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Scenealicious
This is your opinion. I have my opinion.
So you think a kid should learn about it on a WEBKINZ site? NO.
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♄, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer