Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #301
I'm back to a
Webkinz :)

bluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guide

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by vansquez
That is true, but I don't think parents want their eight year old to learn about it from a Webkinz-based website. Do you not agree?
View Post Originally Posted by jj8
Do you want a 7 yr. old to learn about dating and marrying and babies and such? Do they need to learn that from a WEBKINZ based site? NO!
That is definitely not right. WI is to discuss about webkinz, and there must be rules to keep things straight. Kids will grow up, and they'll learn about those things in school. They can even ask an adult like their parents to learn about these things. If kids can afford the internet to go on WI and other sites, I assume they will have time to go to school. It's a bit peculiar to have money to pay for internet and not school. It isn't right, does anyone not agree with me? WI is not a place to discuss those things as WI isn't made to discuss about these things
bluey1998 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #302
Akawah the

Akawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonderAkawah8 wows us all with wonder

Here's my opinion on a few of the threads:
Medicval Advice- should not be allowed. Not that I see anything specificly wrong with this it's just if I tripped getting out of bed the first thing I think isn't "Oh no I better get on WI!" Call a doctor if you're that worried.
Friendship Advice: should not be allowed. Some of it is okay like: "My friend moved, how do we keep in touch?" But If you ask something like: "I don't want to be her friend after that. How do I get revenge?" then it should not be allowed. But if some was allowed and some wasn't then members would complain about why their thread got closed and not this other one.
Dating Advice: should not be allowed. Little kids do not need to find this stuff on a webkinz related site.
Family Trouble: maybe. I don't see anything wrong with this. Asking "How can I get my family closer together?" doesn't sound like it would prompt inappropriate posts.

Other than that I want to say that members should respect the mods. The rules are there to keep you safe and others safe. If you're post gets deleted just chillax. It's not the end of the world. Anytime I break a rule I feel awful for weeks and I just want to pm the mods " I'm sorry! Sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry! Thanks for not banning me!I didn't mean to! I'll never do it again!" But I don't because the mods have other thing to worry about. It makes me sad to think that instead people would yell at them.
Akawah8 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #303
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

So, these points are what I've understood from this thread:

- The rules here are NOT going to become more lax. Safety first.
- The rules will NOT include EVERY single possible infraction. That would be impossible.
- Some people have asked for more consistency with rule enforcement.
- The mods/admins have said that if you are unclear about something, just ask.
- Justin is reading and considering all this??

Is this what everyone seems to be concluding? It would be great to try and put together a 'final conclusion' to this. (just my wish) If you all want to keep adding, of course that's fine too. Sorry, I'm the type of person who likes closure on things.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #304
SEE the THUNDER

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Scenealicious
I believe that the kids are going to learn about dating somewhere. It prepares them more for when they get older. I disagree with this.
I believe you don't understand. People want the children to learn it from their family, meaning A mother, Father, or guardian. Not from Children, and Teenagers, who may or may not twist the meaning into a whole entire different meaning.

View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
I disagree with you. This is a site for kids as young as six, and I don't think children should be surfing the forum, lalala, all happy, then all of a sudden they see a thread asking for dating advice. I wouldn't want children to see threads like that.
Yeah! My point. Some of the children out there are extremely young, and already know how to dance in ways that can't even be talked about, because they heard it from a family member who is just.. I cant explain, or from watching TV, etc. Look around you, this world is becoming sicker, and sicker.

Last edited by Crashkittenjr; 07-30-2010 at 06:43 PM..
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #305
carry on.
Gifted

coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Crashkittenjr
I believe you don't understand. People want the children to learn it from their family, meaning A mother, Father, or guardian. Not from Children, and Teenagers, who may or may not twist the meaning into a whole entire different meaning.

Yeah! My point. Some of the children out there are extremely young, and already know how to dance in ways that can't even be talked about, because they heard it from a family member who is just.. I cant explain, or from watching TV, etc. Look around you, this world is becoming sicker, and sicker.
I agree.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #306
I♥PeteTownshend and

Sparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSparky1109 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
Agreed. Quit bashing our staff! They are AMAZING. But yes, I've been told giving out WI Bucks is not allowed and then a staff member hosts a contest giving out WIBucks and telling me that COWS said it was allowed. So the one thread would be fine.

There's nothing that annoys me more than seeing "This site is too strict."
I love it just the way it is. I feel safe on here and that's the purpose.

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Very Good Thread.

I understand that people feel that the staff is strict.

I DO NOT agree with that. I feel the staff needs to be strict to keep a site of this size organized.

What I do think is that the staff is not cohesive, or not consistent with the rules and that leads to some threads being closed while others are not.

EX. I am one that had a Find the Lie Poll (and yes I did read the rules thanks)
I PMed a MOD first and went over my idea and got the green light for the poll.
The next day my poll was closed.

So I feel I did the right things and followed the rules. Yet there was disagreement among the staff.

Personally above all I think the staff does a incredible job with a huge fan base and a all volunteer basis.
View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I totally agree, DDD!! I am so weary of seeing threads bashing this site. I love this site, and I like it JUST the way it is. That's why I joined in the first place. It is a site that values manners. I really appreciate that.
I would also like to add that I've seen other threads by the same people that complain about this site, complaining how OTHER sites are rude. It's ironic really. If you want manners and civility, this is the site.
Julie, I completely agree with you, Hp, Rockermom, and Desty!
Ive been here for a few years, and I havent seen the sight get any stricter than is necessary with such a large number of members. The site is a forum about webkinz, webkinz is targeted at children thus, this site needs to remain appropriate for said children. As far as the moderators and administrators go, they do a fantastic job, but may need to be more "in the loop" per se, with what the other mods are allowing members to do/not do.
I think that the more innocent of the friendship/family advice could be allowed, but certainly not the dating, medical, and various other types of advice. I dont mind the rules, but as far as what kinds of threads are allowed, I think people would be better off with a more clear, detailed list of what they cannot post/message/create a thread about.
Sparky1109 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #307
carry on.
Gifted

coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

I have seen many posts, and I think it's finally time to share my opinion (again).
It's better to be safe than sorry. No matter if you are 5, or 95, people CAN track you down with information. For people who say they want to be less safe than more safe, I'm a little confused why someone would say that. I would rather be more safe than less safe, but that's just my opinion. The mods and admins close and delete threads for a reason, they aren't monsters with delete buttons they press for enjoyment, like Desty said. Being a mod/admin is more responsibility and work then you think, and personally, the mods ad admins have a lot on their plate, and I think it would be better if we say "Thanks!" and "I love what you do!" instead of complaining why WI is too strict for our safety.
It's just my opinion.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #308
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Akawah8
Friendship Advice: should not be allowed. Some of it is okay like: "My friend moved, how do we keep in touch?" But If you ask something like: "I don't want to be her friend after that. How do I get revenge?" then it should not be allowed. But if some was allowed and some wasn't then members would complain about why their thread got closed and not this other one.
I think it should be allowed, not like 'Oh! I wanna get revenge, but how? I'll go on WI for advice!' But I don't think they would make a rule against it because no one would ever think of doing it, it would just be common sense. Have you ever seen any threads like that before??? I haven't. All friend advice SHOULD be allowed because EVERYONE has friends and EVERYONE (at one oint or another) wants/needs advice...
Old 07-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #309
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I'm a little confused after reading through this again. It seems like some people who have said they dislike the 'stricter' rules, are now saying they want MORE rules listed. Am I understanding that correctly?
They change their minds a lot. My thoughts haven't changed since this thread though.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #310
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by vansquez
I think it should be allowed, not like 'Oh! I wanna get revenge, but how? I'll go on WI for advice!' But I don't think they would make a rule against it because no one would ever think of doing it, it would just be common sense. Have you ever seen any threads like that before??? I haven't. All friend advice SHOULD be allowed because EVERYONE has friends and EVERYONE (at one oint or another) wants/needs advice...
would you want to ask some stranger on the internet about your friends?? there are parenst, guardians, counsolers, therpists, plus much more you could talk to for advice.
softballipod is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer