Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #291
ell, Hello
Webkinz :)

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...pdated-547454/

That IS a rule and ALL flags are looked at and dealt with, whether action is taken on them or not. In the case of games, there is only one open per person.

It would be impossible to discuss every flag, that's not what we're here to do. Big issues, yes. And getting extremely specific about every single thing that is and is not allowed would also be impossible. The rules that are in place are quite clear and you also have to have some common sense as well, when you're part of a family friendly forum such as this.
This isn't the place for kids to discover or learn about things that are inappropriate, whether they learn about that stuff somewhere else is not up to us. But here, we need to keep it safe and appropriate for all ages.
I am not really sure why I was quoted and given this explanation. My point was that it IS A RULE in the games area for 1 game to be opened at a time by 1 member. Even though a rule was broken and had been flagged, the mod chose to "look the other way". Other members are complaining that their posts/threads are deleted for reasons they do not understand and maybe to this day don't understand. You linked me to the game area that stated the rule I said so i am not sure what your reason was to do that. MEMBERS ARE FRUSTRATED ABOUT POSTS BEING DELETED WHILE OTHERS ARE LEFT. That was my point! Not to discuss specific flags as you stated. And I am NOT talking about contests...

So that brings me to...why would NO ACTION BE TAKEN ON A FLAG FOR A BROKEN RULE?

I assure you that we never choose to look the other way. If you would like to PM me with a question about why a particular thread may have been handled in a certain way, I will be happy to check into it for you. It's impossible for me to respond to a general statement like that. --FIA

Last edited by FIA; 07-30-2010 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: note
NR1991 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #292

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Scenealicious
I believe that the kids are going to learn about dating somewhere. It prepares them more for when they get older. I disagree with this.
I disagree with you. This is a site for kids as young as six, and I don't think children should be surfing the forum, lalala, all happy, then all of a sudden they see a thread asking for dating advice. I wouldn't want children to see threads like that.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #293
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by NR1991
I was not going to post on this thread, but I have an issue that I would like to see addressed...

In the games area, there is a written rule that a member can only have 1 active game open at a time. A game needs to be closed before another can be opened by the same member. Well, there are a few that do not follow this rule. They have been flagged NUMEROUS times by me personally, and still not closed. I see how some members perceive this site as "some members get to have the rules bent while others get threads deleted or closed at the drop of a hat".

Why are these flagged and mods will not look into it?
Oops I think that might have been me, not "numerous" times but maybe once or twice. Because a member can have several Polls... and I got mixed up? I'm human too, after all, and absent-minded too. Sorry about that, if it was me.

However, it is clearly stated in the Games rules at the top, only one Game per member, just as JennieLou quoted.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #294
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Oops I think that might have been me, not "numerous" times but maybe once or twice. Because a member can have several Polls... and I got mixed up? I'm human too, after all, and absent-minded too. Sorry about that, if it was me.

However, it is clearly stated in the Games rules at the top, only one Game per member, just as JennieLou quoted.
Thank you Webberlily! At least I do not feel like I am crazy anymore. I have pm'ed FIA as she requested. As for Jennielou...still not too sure what she was talking about concerning my post, but I am done arguing at this point...
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #295
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
Exactly. I mean, it would be so easy for a creeper to wheedle that stuff out of you... for example:
Creeper: Hey, where do you live? I want to see what movies are showing at your theater.
User: Oh, Cleveland, California.

-few days later -
Creeper: What school do you go to? I just want to see how many male and how many female teachers you have.
User: Atat Junior High (or whatnot)

-few days later -
Creeper: How much do you weigh? I want to compare mine to yours.
User: I'm a bit underweight, 104 lbs.

All of these are fake, of course, and a "creeper" could very much be better at that than me (LOL) but you get the idea.
Or you could go like this:

-7 yr. old girl logs on to computer-
35 yr. old male creeper: Hey there! I'm a 12 yr. old girl who loves to take ballet. How old are you?
7 yr. old: I'm 7 and I also take ballet. Where do you practice?

Few days later.....
Creeper: What state do you live in? Do you live near the capitol?
7 yr. old: I live in Alaska. Yes, I do live in the capitol.

Few more days later:
Creeper: Let's meet at -store in Alaska- near -capitol of Alaska- at the frozen foods.
7 yr. old: See you there!

-7 yr. old shows up and sees 35 yr. old man-

That might happen to anybody. My friend's teacher was taking and abused as a teen and then fine now but still. It was form the internet.

We need these rules to protect us.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #296
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Exactly, jj.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #297
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I'm a little confused after reading through this again. It seems like some people who have said they dislike the 'stricter' rules, are now saying they want MORE rules listed. Am I understanding that correctly?

Personally - I dislike stricter rules, but if they are going to be stricter I would rather have them laid out in a way where there isn't any confusion. Just my opinion though.

Munchies

Munchies is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #298
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

The staff are here to help us. Sometimes they might make mistakes and yeah, we get fed up. But I would rather have a site with rules that is safe to be on then a sight I don't want to see my little sister logging onto.

I don't think we need more rules. Just stick to what we've got and ask a mod or someone if you have a problem.
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 07-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #299
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Scenealicious
I believe that the kids are going to learn about dating somewhere. It prepares them more for when they get older. I disagree with this.
That is true, but I don't think parents want their eight year old to learn about it from a Webkinz-based website. Do you not agree?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #300
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

Do you want a 7 yr. old to learn about dating and marrying and babies and such? Do they need to learn that from a WEBKINZ based site? NO!
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♄, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer