Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #21
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru
 
rockermom's Avatar
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

Very Good Thread.

I understand that people feel that the staff is strict.

I DO NOT agree with that. I feel the staff needs to be strict to keep a site of this size organized.

What I do think is that the staff is not cohesive, or not consistent with the rules and that leads to some threads being closed while others are not.

EX. I am one that had a Find the Lie Poll (and yes I did read the rules thanks)
I PMed a MOD first and went over my idea and got the green light for the poll.
The next day my poll was closed.

So I feel I did the right things and followed the rules. Yet there was disagreement among the staff.

Personally above all I think the staff does a incredible job with a huge fan base and a all volunteer basis.
rockermom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
Gift Guru
 
wyatt061's Avatar
wyatt061 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Very Good Thread.

I understand that people feel that the staff is strict.

I DO NOT agree with that. I feel the staff needs to be strict to keep a site of this size organized.

What I do think is that the staff is not cohesive, or not consistent with the rules and that leads to some threads being closed while others are not.

EX. I am one that had a Find the Lie Poll (and yes I did read the rules thanks)
I PMed a MOD first and went over my idea and got the green light for the poll.
The next day my poll was closed.

So I feel I did the right things and followed the rules. Yet there was disagreement among the staff.

Personally above all I think the staff does a incredible job with a huge fan base and a all volunteer basis.
I agree with those totally. I do find that some mods think different things should be allowed and some shouldn't. I have done things (that weren't very bad) and have been asked not to do it again, yet I see that someone else did the SAME exact thing as I did and they did it for longer and didn't get in trouble for it.

I do feel that they are doing the best they can, since this is a huge site, with many members.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)
 
Desty's Avatar
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I totally agree, DDD!! I am so weary of seeing threads bashing this site. I love this site, and I like it JUST the way it is. That's why I joined in the first place. It is a site that values manners. I really appreciate that.
I would also like to add that I've seen other threads by the same people that complain about this site, complaining how OTHER sites are rude. It's ironic really. If you want manners and civility, this is the site.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #24
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru
 
jasonaldeanmg's Avatar
jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I love the list idea! Its so helpful in the polls. We really need one in Open Mike!
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #25
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru
 
b1uski3sxox's Avatar
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
Threads we can and can't make just sounds... annoying, to tell the truth. Can't make? Sure. Put injuries, dating advice, and what to do with an injured animal on that list. (I don't think friendship and family advice should be banned. Seriously?) But putting a list of threads that are allowed? That's sorta like having certain sentences to choose from in KinzChat or whatever.

I have every right to be mad at the staff members if I want to. I'm under the belief that sometimes they make mistakes and yes, I think this site is way too strict. I think it's a shame, but more rules would just be the icing on the cake. Only, not in a good way.

All I'm doing is rambling so I'll shut up now.
^^Actually, this is pretty much what I was going to say. XD

Icky icing. Yucky broccoli icing... no, wait, I like broccoli. Um... icing made from brussels sprouts.

I have been on here for approaching two years (not veeery long, but still), and I have seen the rules get stricter... not WAAAY stricter, but it's like that thing they put on your arm to take your blood pressure. It feels fine, then it's a little tight... then tighter... and then your arm starts to hurt reeeally badly.

Anywho. Back to your idea. I think they totally should revise the rules. Because I'll see posts/threads get deleted for A, B, and C reasons, and I'm like "is that even in the rules?".

I don't mind them deleting everything so long as they have an official rule against it.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
e all fall down
Gift Guru
 
suneshin3's Avatar
suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
^^Actually, this is pretty much what I was going to say. XD

Icky icing. Yucky broccoli icing... no, wait, I like broccoli. Um... icing made from brussels sprouts.

I have been on here for approaching two years (not veeery long, but still), and I have seen the rules get stricter... not WAAAY stricter, but it's like that thing they put on your arm to take your blood pressure. It feels fine, then it's a little tight... then tighter... and then your arm starts to hurt reeeally badly.

Anywho. Back to your idea. I think they totally should revise the rules. Because I'll see posts/threads get deleted for A, B, and C reasons, and I'm like "is that even in the rules?".

I don't mind them deleting everything so long as they have an official rule against it.
Completely agree on this one. If they have a list, people will know what and what not to post. It will really help, and we won't need to continue with this guesswork. Yes, there should be rules. Yes, we need to be safe. But we should know all the rules. I think the Mods & Admins should revise the rules, & add whatever needs to be added.
suneshin3 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #27
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)
 
Desty's Avatar
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

It's obviously NOT possible to lay out every rule, every clause, every sub-clause, etc. for the rules here. The mods/admins are humans and this is a very quickly evolving site. People need to relax a bit and not get so offended by every little thing. Yes, that means even if one of your posts/threads gets deleted. It's not the end of the world. I think that all the mods and admins are on the same page when it comes to everyone being polite and safe. If you really want to check out other sites, that's fine.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #28
boom roasted
Webkinz :)
 
moonriver's Avatar
moonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guide

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

Honestly, I don't venture out of the DCT and polls that much, but I haven't seen any instances of the mods being overly strict. I think everyone has to remember that this forum is about Webkinz at its core, no matter what other sections it has. A Webkinz site will clearly have a young population and they need to be catered to before the ~rebellious teens~, who really aren't the target age group for this site.
moonriver is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
horan's bed
Gift Guru
 
stormypanda's Avatar
stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
It's obviously NOT possible to lay out every rule, every clause, every sub-clause, etc. for the rules here. The mods/admins are humans and this is a very quickly evolving site. People need to relax a bit and not get so offended by every little thing. Yes, that means even if one of your posts/threads gets deleted. It's not the end of the world. I think that all the mods and admins are on the same page when it comes to everyone being polite and safe. If you really want to check out other sites, that's fine.
I agree.
stormypanda is offline
Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #30
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru
 
b1uski3sxox's Avatar
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I just had a funny thought.

Maybe these things aren't in the rules because the mods are just like us?

Bob: this should be in the rules.
Tom: no, that's too strict.
Bob: but I said so!
Sally: I agree with Tom, it's too strict.
Pete: no, it should be in the rules, that's a good rule.
Steve: yeah, it is!
Katherine: no, what kind of rule is that? What you're trying to ban is harmless!
*huge internet fight breaks out, nothing is solved, and in the end, some mods don't ban it, and some mods do*

b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts