Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #281
Fluffbunny
Gifted

fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine
fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I'm a little confused after reading through this again. It seems like some people who have said they dislike the 'stricter' rules, are now saying they want MORE rules listed. Am I understanding that correctly?
I can't speak for others, but that is what I want. I don't dislike the 'strict' rules at all. It's just that I've had posts/threads deleted for things that weren't listed in the written rules and I would like to see the written rules updated to include those things. I think a lot of people would appreciate that and that's what I believe most people who are asking for "more rules" are asking for.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 04:13 AM   #282
Webkinz :)

Scenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by vansquez
I think this is a great idea. Rules make the world go round! Imagine if WI had less or no rules, and you were a parent with a child of seven or eight on WI surfing the forums and there were all these threads and topics of medical help, and dating advice, other things that get deleted now! Would you want you children to be on a website like that? I know I wouldn't! I didn't explain it very good, but I think you can imagine what I am trying to make you picture. If you do not like the rules that make it safe for all ages, then go ahead and leave (sorry this sounds really really mean!) because WI doesn't want members who are making inappropriate and pointless threads.
If the admins and mods don't want to do this, then maybe a few (like 10) members could volunteer to refreshen the rules. Of course by checking with them before deleting and making changes! I think this would be really really good for us because it would give WI members a chance to work with each other and learn responsibility.
I believe that the kids are going to learn about dating somewhere. It prepares them more for when they get older. I disagree with this.
Scenealicious is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #283
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

I was not going to post on this thread, but I have an issue that I would like to see addressed...

In the games area, there is a written rule that a member can only have 1 active game open at a time. A game needs to be closed before another can be opened by the same member. Well, there are a few that do not follow this rule. They have been flagged NUMEROUS times by me personally, and still not closed. I see how some members perceive this site as "some members get to have the rules bent while others get threads deleted or closed at the drop of a hat".

Why are these flagged and mods will not look into it?
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #284

Scenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by NR1991
I was not going to post on this thread, but I have an issue that I would like to see addressed...

In the games area, there is a written rule that a member can only have 1 active game open at a time. A game needs to be closed before another can be opened by the same member. Well, there are a few that do not follow this rule. They have been flagged NUMEROUS times by me personally, and still not closed. I see how some members perceive this site as "some members get to have the rules bent while others get threads deleted or closed at the drop of a hat".

I have flagged these too. I always thought that they were "special" haha.
Scenealicious is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #285
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I'm a little confused after reading through this again. It seems like some people who have said they dislike the 'stricter' rules, are now saying they want MORE rules listed. Am I understanding that correctly?
This is my opinion, I'm not speaking for anyone else.

I feel that there are lots threads that get deleted/closed/edited for reasons not in the rules, so it feels stricter. What I want is a more detail/updated list of things we cannot do.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #286
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I once made 2 contest threads before...I got worried that you couldn't have 2 at the same time so I looked in the rules and there was no such rule.
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #287
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by wyatt061
Some rules are great, others aren't. Rules are rules.
Heres how creepers work without WI (I am not a creeper, so I can't do it 100% right. Plus they work over months and months to get info)
User (good person)
Creeper (creeper)

Creeper *made a poll about what color eyes they have*
User : I have blue eyes.

Creeper *made an open mike section about your hair color*
User: I have brown hair.

Creeper *goes on DCT and talks to user*
User: it's warm here in Florida.

Not much has been learned
Brown haired, Blue eyes, Florida

But think if they keep telling things, the creeper would know more.

If they posted their age, their first and middle name... how tall they are, how much they weigh, what school, what city.

People are not smart enough to do that, trust me. I know someone who told everything about themself and toke pics of them and posted it.

WI is here to keep you safe. I know awful stories about children who fall for their tricks and give out info.
I agree, these people can be smarter than you think, even though think think nobody would be out to get you, we still have to stay on the safe side
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #288
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...pdated-547454/

That IS a rule and ALL flags are looked at and dealt with, whether action is taken on them or not. In the case of games, there is only one open per person.

It would be impossible to discuss every flag, that's not what we're here to do. Big issues, yes. And getting extremely specific about every single thing that is and is not allowed would also be impossible. The rules that are in place are quite clear and you also have to have some common sense as well, when you're part of a family friendly forum such as this.
This isn't the place for kids to discover or learn about things that are inappropriate, whether they learn about that stuff somewhere else is not up to us. But here, we need to keep it safe and appropriate for all ages.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #289

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

It's interesting how having very well-defined and enforced rules and boundaries actually make people feel like they have more freedom. I wish that my kids would understand that! lol
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #290
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by wyatt061
Some rules are great, others aren't. Rules are rules.
Heres how creepers work without WI (I am not a creeper, so I can't do it 100% right. Plus they work over months and months to get info)
User (good person)
Creeper (creeper)

Creeper *made a poll about what color eyes they have*
User : I have blue eyes.

Creeper *made an open mike section about your hair color*
User: I have brown hair.

Creeper *goes on DCT and talks to user*
User: it's warm here in Florida.

Not much has been learned
Brown haired, Blue eyes, Florida

But think if they keep telling things, the creeper would know more.

If they posted their age, their first and middle name... how tall they are, how much they weigh, what school, what city.

People are not smart enough to do that, trust me. I know someone who told everything about themself and toke pics of them and posted it.

WI is here to keep you safe. I know awful stories about children who fall for their tricks and give out info.
Exactly. I mean, it would be so easy for a creeper to wheedle that stuff out of you... for example:
Creeper: Hey, where do you live? I want to see what movies are showing at your theater.
User: Oh, Cleveland, California.

-few days later -
Creeper: What school do you go to? I just want to see how many male and how many female teachers you have.
User: Atat Junior High (or whatnot)

-few days later -
Creeper: How much do you weigh? I want to compare mine to yours.
User: I'm a bit underweight, 104 lbs.

All of these are fake, of course, and a "creeper" could very much be better at that than me (LOL) but you get the idea.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♄, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer