Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #271
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Lunagrrl
No,no. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 says no one under 13 can reveal any personal info online at all. That's what COPPA is.
Sorry, I thought it was related to Rule #5 - my mistake.

Originally Posted by WI Rules
YOU ARE OVER 13 OR HAVE PERMISSION - We want to keep all of you safe and we want to make sure that your parents or guardian understand what membership at WI means. Please refrain from posting your e-mail address or any identifying information such as your name or where you live. If anyone asks this information from you, notify an administrator or moderator IMMEDIATELY. By agreeing to these rules, you certify that you are either: 1) over the age of 13, or 2) have your parents' or guardian's approval to participate as a member on the Webkinz Insider Forum.
Munchies is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #272
Fluffbunny
Gifted

fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine
fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
Sorry, I thought it was related to Rule #5 - my mistake.
It is. COPPA has lots of different things that it covers, including needing a parent's permission to join if you are under 13 and not giving out personal information.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #273
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

The bottom line is... use your common sense. Would you walk up to a stranger and start telling them all about you? No, probably not. To a certain extent some threads are fine. Sometimes it's not the topic of the thread but how you phrased the first post. For example, DDD could've said something like "WOW WI YOU ARE SO UNFAIR, ALWAYS CLOSING MY THREADS!" in the first post. Or she could've said what she said in the actual first post. Well, I think this thread would be long closed by now if her first post was the example I gave.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #274
I'm back to a
Webkinz :)

bluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
I agree with something you mentioned, and that is that: "Not all WI staff agree on all subjects." I have personally had a MOD close a thread but yet when I inquired why, another MOD said that they didn't see anything wrong, and had no idea why the thread was closed.

This is very confusing and I think the WI community would be better served if all the WI staff "governed" by the same set of rules and regulations.
Yeah, I find it would be a good time if all the WI staff can just get together and talk about what is allowed, and what isn't to be deleted or closed or edited. That way everything won't get so confusing on what is allowed on topics and what isn't
bluey1998 is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #275
SEE the THUNDER

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

Smile Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I know i've posted here already but i'm really starting to get upset. One post said something like " I think this thread should be deleted and never talked about again." Well, if you did that in life, everytime something unpleasant happened, where would it get you? ALWAYS stop and think i"Where would that get me?" or " What will happen when or if i do this?" Don't shy away from things like this. Somebody is just trying to explain things. and people have their opinions. These mod/admins are seriously working their tooshes off to keep this site safe, fun, and approprite (sp?) for children, teenagers, and adults. They HAVE had background checks, and they aren't teenagers. If it wasn't for them, and Justin, Wendy,and Kevin, We would not be having this disscussion, and its actually a disscussion, not a yelling, screaming, fight. We are (I think) all being calm, because we know the concecences (sp) on what would happen.

To SunShin3:
Wonderful post. You put it perfectly.
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #276
*It's Snowing!*

StarrGazer is on a distinguished road

Well, i you have a point and I won't say anything against you, but I'm really not quite sure what and what would that come out to.
StarrGazer is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #277
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by bluey1998
Yeah, I find it would be a good time if all the WI staff can just get together and talk about what is allowed, and what isn't to be deleted or closed or edited. That way everything won't get so confusing on what is allowed on topics and what isn't
Unfortunately...it's not that simple.

All the staff here, including WIki SysOps, are volunteers. We devote a tremendous amount of time here for no compensation.

We do our best to keep up to date with one another but we all have families and some of us work...it is just not as simple as it seems from a member's point of view
Old 07-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #278
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
Unfortunately...it's not that simple.

All the staff here, including WIki SysOps, are volunteers. We devote a tremendous amount of time here for no compensation.

We do our best to keep up to date with one another but we all have families and some of us work...it is just not as simple as it seems from a member's point of view
I agree and disagree, as I'm staff on another forum and know it takes a lot to run a forum w/o problems, especially a big forum. But, I don't think it would take a tremendous amount of time to figure something like this out. If WI did agree to do something a long the lines of setting up specific rules, and couldn't get any staff members online at once to discuss it - one of the admins could always set up a thread in WI's staff section [assuming WI has a staff section, most forums do] and have staff members each post a few specific rules. The admins could have final say and post the list for everyone. Since the staff are active here [or should be], it would just take 10 minutes at the maximum for someone to post a few ideas on that thread. It doesn't need to be some huge operation - with the number of staff WI has, it shouldn't take to many people to make the list. If it would benefit WI members, why not give it a shot? I don't think anyone would expect it up right away.
Munchies is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #279
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I'm a little confused after reading through this again. It seems like some people who have said they dislike the 'stricter' rules, are now saying they want MORE rules listed. Am I understanding that correctly?
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #280
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

I think this is a great idea. Rules make the world go round! Imagine if WI had less or no rules, and you were a parent with a child of seven or eight on WI surfing the forums and there were all these threads and topics of medical help, and dating advice, other things that get deleted now! Would you want you children to be on a website like that? I know I wouldn't! I didn't explain it very good, but I think you can imagine what I am trying to make you picture. If you do not like the rules that make it safe for all ages, then go ahead and leave (sorry this sounds really really mean!) because WI doesn't want members who are making inappropriate and pointless threads.
If the admins and mods don't want to do this, then maybe a few (like 10) members could volunteer to refreshen the rules. Of course by checking with them before deleting and making changes! I think this would be really really good for us because it would give WI members a chance to work with each other and learn responsibility.
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer