Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #241
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
The sad part is, yes, I have to admit if there was a creeper like that then they would spend that much time surfing the internet.

But one of my main points of that is maybe not allow saying where you live, and you can reveal your age? I don't know, but as far as posts go you can almost tell if someone is an adult or a child as they talk different and have different views life stories etc.. I'm sure most people have an idea of what age I am (though I've never said it, based on how I post you can give a good guess) as I have a good idea of what age you are HP..

So I think the age thing wouldn't make a difference, or that much of one anyways.
I would never, ever allow age to be revealed. It is one of the things that keeps us safe here. As minors, it's extremely dangerous for kids to tell their age on the internet, unless in a small environment with ONLY family and friends. You should never reveal your age to a group of, to put it technically, pixels on a screen. Remember, most of us are strangers to each other, only avatars and usernames. Once you reveal your age, you become vulnerable, and everyone can know how old you are. I would not feel safe at all if people knew my age. And combine that with state and appearance and first name, and with other hints (i.e. We're starting to pick our career path in school, or my soccer team won the state championship the past two years) is more than enough information for someone to find out who you are. Were something to actually happen, and there was an incident where someone found out who you were because you revealed your age, you would be responsible , because you were the one who chose to reveal it. That's how I think-I'm not sure how a judge in a court would, but I like to think that we are responsible for our own actions, and that you take action being fullly aware of the risk. We like to think we are safe here, and that such "creepers" would not be amongst us, but this is reality. Think of the world we live in-there are plenty of incidents that happen daily because a minor reveals their age to a person(s) on the internet who they don't know. Although the chances of this happening here are fairly slim, we still need to take care and precaution when we are here.

In addition ,there are parents who sign up with their children here, parents who are concerned for their children's safety. I know for sure that if I was a parent, I would NOT feel safe or approve of a website that had minors revealing their ages. I don't even think it's OK for adults to reveal ages, because if they start doing that, kids might get confused and think it's OK to reveal ages on the internet to people they don't know, even if they can't here.

Finally-is it really so important to know someone's age? Even if you say that it won't make much of a difference because you can "guess/tell" from someone's style of posting, life stories, etc., remember, that is ALL inference. I know for a fact that if you tried to guess my age, you would be off. And remember, can you really trust everything you see online? It would be unbelievably easy for someone to pretend they are, say, a 5-year old, just as easy as it would be for someone to pretend they are a 45-year old. I personally enjoy reading posts from all ages-from adults or children, and sure, I can guess age, but would I be right? Probably not. I know that it may seem like I make lengthy/essay-like posts all the time, so you may guess that I am older than I am, but that's usually only when I'm passionate and have a lot to say about something. If you were to see me typing somewhere else like the GEDCT, or VMing with someone, you might go, "Is this the same person that types the long essay posts?"

You shouldn't have to know age in order to understand someone's posts...sure, it may make something make more sense, but it's completely unnecessary, in my opinion.
Just remember, as a member of this site, and being allowed to share what state you live in and what your name is, the most valuable thing that keeps you safe here is your age. Once you give it out, you can no longer be assured of that safety.
samoyeds43 is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #242
Gifted
 
Quack Quack's Avatar

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by samoyeds43
I would never, ever allow age to be revealed. It is one of the things that keeps us safe here. As minors, it's extremely dangerous for kids to tell their age on the internet, unless in a small environment with ONLY family and friends. You should never reveal your age to a group of, to put it technically, pixels on a screen. Remember, most of us are strangers to each other, only avatars and usernames. Once you reveal your age, you become vulnerable, and everyone can know how old you are. I would not feel safe at all if people knew my age. And combine that with state and appearance and first name, and with other hints (i.e. We're starting to pick our career path in school, or my soccer team won the state championship the past two years) is more than enough information for someone to find out who you are. Were something to actually happen, and there was an incident where someone found out who you were because you revealed your age, you would be responsible , because you were the one who chose to reveal it. That's how I think-I'm not sure how a judge in a court would, but I like to think that we are responsible for our own actions, and that you take action being fullly aware of the risk. We like to think we are safe here, and that such "creepers" would not be amongst us, but this is reality. Think of the world we live in-there are plenty of incidents that happen daily because a minor reveals their age to a person(s) on the internet who they don't know. Although the chances of this happening here are fairly slim, we still need to take care and precaution when we are here.

In addition ,there are parents who sign up with their children here, parents who are concerned for their children's safety. I know for sure that if I was a parent, I would NOT feel safe or approve of a website that had minors revealing their ages. I don't even think it's OK for adults to reveal ages, because if they start doing that, kids might get confused and think it's OK to reveal ages on the internet to people they don't know, even if they can't here.

Finally-is it really so important to know someone's age? Even if you say that it won't make much of a difference because you can "guess/tell" from someone's style of posting, life stories, etc., remember, that is ALL inference. I know for a fact that if you tried to guess my age, you would be off. And remember, can you really trust everything you see online? It would be unbelievably easy for someone to pretend they are, say, a 5-year old, just as easy as it would be for someone to pretend they are a 45-year old. I personally enjoy reading posts from all ages-from adults or children, and sure, I can guess age, but would I be right? Probably not. I know that it may seem like I make lengthy/essay-like posts all the time, so you may guess that I am older than I am, but that's usually only when I'm passionate and have a lot to say about something. If you were to see me typing somewhere else like the GEDCT, or VMing with someone, you might go, "Is this the same person that types the long essay posts?"

You shouldn't have to know age in order to understand someone's posts...sure, it may make something make more sense, but it's completely unnecessary, in my opinion.
Just remember, as a member of this site, and being allowed to share what state you live in and what your name is, the most valuable thing that keeps you safe here is your age. Once you give it out, you can no longer be assured of that safety.
I agree-- they do not let you reveal personal things for a reason. There are many bad things out there. They want everyone to be safe
Quack Quack is offline
Old 07-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #243
Gift Guru
 
tashytoot's Avatar
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

Quick question, is there a lower age limit on here, like on Facebook etc? I think it's very safe on here for kids, and I'm considering leting one of my DD's join WI.
tashytoot is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 06:21 AM   #244
Gifted
 
Quack Quack's Avatar

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by tashytoot
Quick question, is there a lower age limit on here, like on Facebook etc? I think it's very safe on here for kids, and I'm considering leting one of my DD's join WI.
I think you need parent's permission if you are under the age of 13

Quote:
Further, agreement to these rules indicates that you are over the age of 13, or have parental approval to join Webkinz Insider Forum.
(from the little "agree box" for when you sign up for WI )

Last edited by Quack Quack; 07-29-2010 at 06:21 AM..
Quack Quack is offline
Old 07-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #245
Gift Guru
 
tashytoot's Avatar
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
I think you need parent's permission if you are under the age of 13



(from the little "agree box" for when you sign up for WI )
Thanks
tashytoot is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #246
carry on.
Gifted
 
coolio101's Avatar
coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I agree with samoyeds. Is age really necessary? What difference does it make having someone know your age? Yes, I doubt that someone will find you just when you say you have brown hair, but it would be easier for weird creepers on the internet to find you. If you were to post this: (Yes, all of this is made up, except the I love webkinz part. XD)

Hi, my name is Sarah! I have blonde hair, green eyes, I live in (town), (state), I'm 12, and just LOVE webkinz! *giggles*

THAT sounds like a creeper's jackpot. The WI staff wants to keep you safe, so no one will have a chance of finding you. They aren't monsters that go around closing threads and deleting posts for no apparent reason.
coolio101 is offline
Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #247
e all fall down
Gift Guru
 
suneshin3's Avatar
suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

Wow. Reading pages back, i'd like to give in a say too. In the beginning i didn't pay much attention to this, but now id like to say a few things.

It would be extremely difficult to list all the donts and do's , because there will always be new ones right around the corner. If you are part of the GE, and you look to some really old GE's , things were so much different when people posted-- now it is more organized and easier. It is the same with everything! Today, we may be able to post one thing, and the staff may decide tomorrow we should no longer post that. People should respect their decisions, as they are meaningful and have reasons behind them.

A couple days ago, i was looking around the internet at other forums. A lot of you simply don't understand how lucky you are to be a part of this community. Other forums let TEENAGERS run their sites. The mods/admins can be 13 years old! That's crazy, because the truth is, at 13 you are unable to make reasonable and meaningful decisions . Here at WI, we are blessed to have so many wonderful mods & admins. Did you know that every one of them had a background check? Justin doesn't just pick names out of a hat when he feels the site could use an extra helping hand. That's not the way it works here at WI.

I don't want to be rude, but there are a lot of complaints of people saying rules are getting stricter, and this is no fun anymore. You are not forced to stay, you are not forced to leave. What you choose to do is your decision. But if you're thinking of quitting, go do a quick google search. Look at some other forums. Do you really think you will be as welcome there?

I cannot stress enough that these mods, there admins, they are here for YOU. YOU , YOU, AND ONLY YOU! They are here to keep this site safe for YOU. To keep it fun for YOU. And what do some people give them in return? Well, some people say incredibly rude things about them through pms, which i unfortunately have seen. Some people bash them. Some people yell at them. Those people, are just not using their common sense. Mods and admins have spent so much time trying to make this site fun and safe for everyone, so please don't go get mad at them. Do you really think it's easy running this forum? Do you have any idea how many members there are? I doubt that even one person on this thread would be able to run a site like this without making a few mistakes here and there.

WI is a place for people ranging from ages 7 and up. This is NOT the place to ask for advice on yuor boyfriend, or other things like that . There are many other sites out there, guidance counsellors, therapists, who can help you if you really need it. Please don't post it here, because frankly , once it's viewed by the wrong eyes, deleting the thread and banning the member doesnt makeit go away.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzkayla
Hi all. Ealier today I saw a thread that got closed right after they opened it. It was very rude, it was a protest, a protest about the touring van contest. They were mad because they didn't win and thought most people who won were a GT, Gifted, or a GG. They started a protest why they never win. I thought how rude is that? Mods and Admins do this for fun and yourself. I was very mad why they would ever say that. That is just my opinion. WHat about you evryone?
Not exactly sure if you are siding with the person who posted this thread, or not. The mods had every reason to delete that thread. On WI, nobody is superior. Nobody is more important. The winners were chosen fairly, and that is that.

Now, back to the rules. Like myself and many have said, it would be so difficult to write out all the do's and don'ts. People can really just use their common sense. If they post something wrong, the mods or admins will delete it. I am pretty sure they won't ban you if you didn't know. They're not like that.

One last thing-- RESPECT. Im sure everyone has noticed lately respect for other members has been going down the drain. Im not just talking about one incident. There are many things going on by pm , vm , dcts, and its just sick. If you cannot respect someone, please dont say anything . It is said in the rules to respect other members, you all agreed to it when you joined. I don't see what is the need to swear in pms. You all know it will get starred. Yet, ive seen so many people do it. It is ridiculous what my pm box is full of.

To conclude this, you are always going to have people you dont like. You go to a new job , you may not get along with other employees. But are you going to throw a fit, call them bad names, and get fired ? I sure hope not! You need to learn to cope with people you dislike. Respect the disliked. Treat them normal. Because at the end of the day, we're all people. We're all the same, just different.

Last edited by suneshin3; 07-29-2010 at 07:48 AM..
suneshin3 is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #248
The hippie writer
Gift Guru
 
Ivie's Avatar
Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by coolio101
I agree with samoyeds. Is age really necessary? What difference does it make having someone know your age? Yes, I doubt that someone will find you just when you say you have brown hair, but it would be easier for weird creepers on the internet to find you. If you were to post this: (Yes, all of this is made up, except the I love webkinz part. XD)

Hi, my name is Sarah! I have blonde hair, green eyes, I live in (town), (state), I'm 12, and just LOVE webkinz! *giggles*

THAT sounds like a creeper's jackpot. The WI staff wants to keep you safe, so no one will have a chance of finding you. They aren't monsters that go around closing threads and deleting posts for no apparent reason.
That's true, but you aren't allowed to say your town or your age so you end up with Hi I'm sarah, I have blonde hair, green eyes and live in (state) I LOVE webkinz! Personally, i think that is a safe amount of info.

I agree that the WI staff are great people that want to keep us safe, but I think they are too quick on the delete button.

And I also agree that WI needs to be a safer environment than most forums. WI is a great place that no one needs to be scared on. However, I still mantain that certain changes need to be made.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #249
ell,I♥FieldHockey
Webkinz :)
 
webkinzwaiter's Avatar
webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I see what your saying, but I think we should be allowed to talk about friendship advice and pet/family injuries or advice. But I agree with a lot of what your saying. Even though you can't reply. Because you got banned. Uh Oh.
webkinzwaiter is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #250
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by suneshin3

I cannot stress enough that these mods, there admins, they are here for YOU. YOU , YOU, AND ONLY YOU! They are here to keep this site safe for YOU. To keep it fun for YOU. And what do some people give them in return? Well, some people say incredibly rude things about them through pms, which i unfortunately have seen. Some people bash them. Some people yell at them. Those people, are just not using their common sense. Mods and admins have spent so much time trying to make this site fun and safe for everyone, so please don't go get mad at them. Do you really think it's easy running this forum? Do you have any idea how many members there are? I doubt that even one person on this thread would be able to run a site like this without making a few mistakes here and there.
I was going to type up a paragraph explaining what this says. If you work really hard on a forum keeping people safe and all they do is complain, I would feel pretty upset.
View Post Originally Posted by webkinzwaiter
I see what your saying, but I think we should be allowed to talk about friendship advice and pet/family injuries or advice. But I agree with a lot of what your saying. Even though you can't reply. Because you got banned. Uh Oh.
no, I don't think we should talk about friends advice. like sunshin3 said, there are parents, therapists, guidance counselors to help you out instead of random people you've never met on the internet! I certainly wouldn't ask anyone on the internet about family/ friends advice because to me, that's TOO personal.
softballipod is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts