Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #231
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru
 
jasonaldeanmg's Avatar
jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
The rules they list here are basic from what you said.. But they get a bit deeper than that.

Don't list your age.

Okay, let's be HONEST here. How many of you think just because I said I was a 46 year old woman (which I'm not BTW) that would make you think "Oh, I know who she is now! Let's go stalk her and kidnap her!". It doesn't work that way. There are way too many 46 year olds in the world for that to happen. Just think logically.

No appearance polls.

The same circumstance as above, think about it. Just because I have brown hair doesn't mean you can identify me because of that. Now you know who I am because I said I have brown hair? Nuh uh.

You may list what state/province you live in.

Here's the problem for me.. How come you can list THIS and not some basic facts about what you look like (I'm not saying describing you in full detail, I mean describing you in basic facts) and yet you can list that you live in California? I find that to be a bit more revealing if you ask me. I'm not saying that you should take away this privilege, just think about it.

And then there are the oddball things where a thread gets deleted, or you get in trouble. Like my friend poll got deleted for "not being original enough" is THAT in the rules? Yes duplicate threads are said they are going to be deleted but that WASN'T a duplicate thread, it has its own names in it etc.

I have also been disqualified from a contest because I was asking people to vote for my entry in a PM rather than a VM, whereas plenty of people have not gotten in trouble and they're VMing their ads to vote for their entry, for the EXACT same contest.

Things like this may seem small, but when they start to build up and take the fun away you realize why WI has such strict rules and why so many people have chosen to quit.
I totally agree!

With the age thing. Some people are allow to say if they are a teen and some are not. I have gotten posts deleted for saying I am a teen, but I see other people posting it as well.

Last edited by jasonaldeanmg; 07-28-2010 at 06:10 PM..
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #232
Banned
staley is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I don't think the rules are too strict. I feel safe here.
staley is offline
Old 07-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #233
jj8
Gift Guru
 
jj8's Avatar
jj8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

This is a bit confusing. Are the mods. trying to prove they don't delete every thread or something? I thought when a member was banned all there threads were closed. Why can't somebody woh doesn't agree with the ruels just leave WI? I'm not teling any of you tow but it's irratating knowing embers woh hate this iste are still on it bashing it.

Hoenslty, I feel safer with the age&picture thing.
jj8 is offline
Old 07-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #234
The hippie writer
Gift Guru
 
Ivie's Avatar
Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Tyrannus Rex
And that, unfortunately, is part of the problem. Anyone who makes a post or thread with differing views are usually deleted. Almost all "negative" things posted about WI are also deleted.

But that's just my opinion.
This is another issue I have.

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
The rules they list here are basic from what you said.. But they get a bit deeper than that.

Don't list your age.

Okay, let's be HONEST here. How many of you think just because I said I was a 46 year old woman (which I'm not BTW) that would make you think "Oh, I know who she is now! Let's go stalk her and kidnap her!". It doesn't work that way. There are way too many 46 year olds in the world for that to happen. Just think logically.

No appearance polls.

The same circumstance as above, think about it. Just because I have brown hair doesn't mean you can identify me because of that. Now you know who I am because I said I have brown hair? Nuh uh.

You may list what state/province you live in.

Here's the problem for me.. How come you can list THIS and not some basic facts about what you look like (I'm not saying describing you in full detail, I mean describing you in basic facts) and yet you can list that you live in California? I find that to be a bit more revealing if you ask me. I'm not saying that you should take away this privilege, just think about it.

And then there are the oddball things where a thread gets deleted, or you get in trouble. Like my friend poll got deleted for "not being original enough" is THAT in the rules? Yes duplicate threads are said they are going to be deleted but that WASN'T a duplicate thread, it has its own names in it etc.

I have also been disqualified from a contest because I was asking people to vote for my entry in a PM rather than a VM, whereas plenty of people have not gotten in trouble and they're VMing their ads to vote for their entry, for the EXACT same contest.

Things like this may seem small, but when they start to build up and take the fun away you realize why WI has such strict rules and why so many people have chosen to quit.
This post neatly sums up my thoughts.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzkayla
Hi all. Ealier today I saw a thread that got closed right after they opened it. It was very rude, it was a protest, a protest about the touring van contest. They were mad because they didn't win and thought most people who won were a GT, Gifted, or a GG. They started a protest why they never win. I thought how rude is that? Mods and Admins do this for fun and yourself. I was very mad why they would ever say that. That is just my opinion. WHat about you evryone?
Hmm, if the thread was agressive/rude then yes, it was a good idea to be closed. But, a thread that just said 'I feel that in contests, only those who are gifetd or above are picked." then that disucussion should be allowed IMO.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #235
gangnam style
Webkinz :)
 
tarsky781's Avatar
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Tyrannus Rex
And that, unfortunately, is part of the problem. Anyone who makes a post or thread with differing views are usually deleted. Almost all "negative" things posted about WI are also deleted.

But that's just my opinion.
Yes, a lot of negative things have been deleted. It's probably because it was simply pointing something out that they didn't like, rather than actually saying something constructive about how to fix a problem or dilemma on WI.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #236
The hippie writer
Gift Guru
 
Ivie's Avatar
Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
The staff deletes threads they believe are not appropiate. Either they're duplicate threads, or they're about a topic not allowed, or things get out of hand. Remember, there may be rules at the top of some sub forums and sections.
That's true, and I've read msot of them, bust I still say that either we don't know everything considered innapropriate or some mods are too quick to delete.

My two cents, and this post is getting long.

View Post Originally Posted by ginny19
I do think that the staff needs to be on the same page though. I've also had threads closed, then seen some just like it later, and the other is fine. It really does annoy the heck out of me. However, a list of threads we can and can't make doesn't sound right. Just an EDITABLE list of threads not allowed would be fine.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #237
gangnam style
Webkinz :)
 
tarsky781's Avatar
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
The rules they list here are basic from what you said.. But they get a bit deeper than that.

Don't list your age.

Okay, let's be HONEST here. How many of you think just because I said I was a 46 year old woman (which I'm not BTW) that would make you think "Oh, I know who she is now! Let's go stalk her and kidnap her!". It doesn't work that way. There are way too many 46 year olds in the world for that to happen. Just think logically.

No appearance polls.

The same circumstance as above, think about it. Just because I have brown hair doesn't mean you can identify me because of that. Now you know who I am because I said I have brown hair? Nuh uh.

You may list what state/province you live in.

Here's the problem for me.. How come you can list THIS and not some basic facts about what you look like (I'm not saying describing you in full detail, I mean describing you in basic facts) and yet you can list that you live in California? I find that to be a bit more revealing if you ask me. I'm not saying that you should take away this privilege, just think about it.

And then there are the oddball things where a thread gets deleted, or you get in trouble. Like my friend poll got deleted for "not being original enough" is THAT in the rules? Yes duplicate threads are said they are going to be deleted but that WASN'T a duplicate thread, it has its own names in it etc.

I have also been disqualified from a contest because I was asking people to vote for my entry in a PM rather than a VM, whereas plenty of people have not gotten in trouble and they're VMing their ads to vote for their entry, for the EXACT same contest.

Things like this may seem small, but when they start to build up and take the fun away you realize why WI has such strict rules and why so many people have chosen to quit.
The reason for these rules is that if you only ever say ONE of these things, it may be alright, but it's better safe than sorry. I saw an amazingly truthful thread eons ago about how those seemingly tiny things can seriously add up and make you incredibly vulnerable to any creeps out there.
**INFO BELOW IS MADE UP!!!**
For example, if I say,
"I'm 25 years old," that may be OK to say by itself. Then if I said, "I'm from Townsville, Arizona," you still don't have much chance of being stalked. But then once you say, "I have brown hair," and, "I won my softball season when I was 13," it starts to get closer and closer until they can pinpoint you and find you.
Just a brief explanation of why all those rules are needed.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #238
Wincest otp
 
cuteforpop's Avatar
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
The reason for these rules is that if you only ever say ONE of these things, it may be alright, but it's better safe than sorry. I saw an amazingly truthful thread eons ago about how those seemingly tiny things can seriously add up and make you incredibly vulnerable to any creeps out there.
**INFO BELOW IS MADE UP!!!**
For example, if I say,
"I'm 25 years old," that may be OK to say by itself. Then if I said, "I'm from Townsville, Arizona," you still don't have much chance of being stalked. But then once you say, "I have brown hair," and, "I won my softball season when I was 13," it starts to get closer and closer until they can pinpoint you and find you.
Just a brief explanation of why all those rules are needed.
I see what you are saying, but we never are allowed to say that we live in say Townsville, Arizona, we would only be allowed to say Arizona. And I get that.

**BELOW IS MADE UP**

Name: Jane
State: Ohio
Age: 14
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Blonde

I am not saying that this is exactly the safest stuff to say, but most people around the forum say the basic facts of what their hair or eye color is just because it happens on the DCT or the GEDCT. Things like that slip. We are allowed to say our state and first name, so add onto the fact that you can probably tell I talk like a teen and am into things teens are, well you basically have the same facts. You might as well just let us say it aloud and have our fun because it has the same effect.
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 07-29-2010, 01:13 AM   #239
Gifted
 
MegMeg's Avatar
MegMeg is a creator of wonder
MegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonder

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

We need to calm down. Justin's addressed the topic and the reason for DDD's banning. What more can we do? Use mind powers on Justin and Wendy? We should stop obsessing on this and focus on going back to a big happy WI family and letting Justin and Wendy think about possible, probable, and MAYBE changes they could see happening.
MegMeg is offline
Old 07-29-2010, 04:21 AM   #240
rleong
 
Justin's Avatar
Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by jj8
This is a bit confusing. Are the mods. trying to prove they don't delete every thread or something? I thought when a member was banned all there threads were closed. Why can't somebody woh doesn't agree with the ruels just leave WI? I'm not teling any of you tow but it's irratating knowing embers woh hate this iste are still on it bashing it.
We closed all their other threads, except this one, because we thought there were concerns still being raised by many of the participants in the thread. We liked how you were working out the reasons behind our rules amongst yourselves, realizing that the rules are in place for a good reason. We felt that if we didn't let you work it out yourselves, you might walk away thinking that we just didn't care anymore about your concerns since we banned the OP for other reasons.

To address your other question, I'm not sure. When I originally read the thread and brought it to the staff's attention, I thought it was created out of a genuine concern for the WI community. Now, I'm not so sure what it was. This does typically happen, however, members who are extremely dissatisfied try to "go out with a bang" on purpose. Perhaps dotdotduck was bashing WI when they created the thread (though the title indicates otherwise), but I think that a (fairly) healthy (and occasionally heated) discussion followed.
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♄, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts