Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #221
Woah! I am
Gifted

webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
THAT I understand why it was deleted. Stuff like that SHOULD be deleted. And that totally isn't true, my friend Kangabelle won and she isn't gifted...

But some of the other things that are closed down and/or deleted to me are unneeded.
Yeah. Mods and admins chose the winners fairly.
webkinzkayla is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #222
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
I'd feel better if this thread was deleted and never talked about again.
I agree. I think the purpose of this thread has more than run its course. (my opinion) Honestly, if people have an issue about a rule, talk to someone in charge. Don't try to stir up trouble, just talk to one of them. They are NICE, and have gone way above and beyond patience to hear everyone out.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #223
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I agree. I think the purpose of this thread has more than run its course. (my opinion) Honestly, if people have an issue about a rule, talk to someone in charge. Don't try to stir up trouble, just talk to one of them. They are NICE, and have gone way above and beyond patience to hear everyone out.
Now that, I agree with
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #224
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

The rules they list here are basic from what you said.. But they get a bit deeper than that.

Don't list your age.

Okay, let's be HONEST here. How many of you think just because I said I was a 46 year old woman (which I'm not BTW) that would make you think "Oh, I know who she is now! Let's go stalk her and kidnap her!". It doesn't work that way. There are way too many 46 year olds in the world for that to happen. Just think logically.

No appearance polls.

The same circumstance as above, think about it. Just because I have brown hair doesn't mean you can identify me because of that. Now you know who I am because I said I have brown hair? Nuh uh.

You may list what state/province you live in.

Here's the problem for me.. How come you can list THIS and not some basic facts about what you look like (I'm not saying describing you in full detail, I mean describing you in basic facts) and yet you can list that you live in California? I find that to be a bit more revealing if you ask me. I'm not saying that you should take away this privilege, just think about it.

And then there are the oddball things where a thread gets deleted, or you get in trouble. Like my friend poll got deleted for "not being original enough" is THAT in the rules? Yes duplicate threads are said they are going to be deleted but that WASN'T a duplicate thread, it has its own names in it etc.

I have also been disqualified from a contest because I was asking people to vote for my entry in a PM rather than a VM, whereas plenty of people have not gotten in trouble and they're VMing their ads to vote for their entry, for the EXACT same contest.

Things like this may seem small, but when they start to build up and take the fun away you realize why WI has such strict rules and why so many people have chosen to quit.
Ahaha, you have hit quite a snag.

Because, if we were allowed to post all of this, this is what I would know about you:

You're 46
Brown hair, blue eyes, about 5' 6"
California
Name is Margaret

That's WAY too much info about yourself. People can identify you from that. You won't believe how many creepers spend their time surfing the internet gathering info like this.

hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #225
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
Ahaha, you have hit quite a snag.

Because, if we were allowed to post all of this, this is what I would know about you:

You're 46
Brown hair, blue eyes, about 5' 6"
California
Name is Margaret

That's WAY too much info about yourself. People can identify you from that. You won't believe how many creepers spend their time surfing the internet gathering info like this.

The sad part is, yes, I have to admit if there was a creeper like that then they would spend that much time surfing the internet.

But one of my main points of that is maybe not allow saying where you live, and you can reveal your age? I don't know, but as far as posts go you can almost tell if someone is an adult or a child as they talk different and have different views life stories etc.. I'm sure most people have an idea of what age I am (though I've never said it, based on how I post you can give a good guess) as I have a good idea of what age you are HP..

So I think the age thing wouldn't make a difference, or that much of one anyways.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #226
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

And that, unfortunately, is part of the problem. Anyone who makes a post or thread with differing views are usually deleted. Almost all "negative" things posted about WI are also deleted.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Tyrannus Rex; 07-28-2010 at 02:46 PM..
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #227
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

The sad part is, yes, I have to admit if there was a creeper like that then they would spend that much time surfing the internet.

But one of my main points of that is maybe not allow saying where you live, and you can reveal your age? I don't know, but as far as posts go you can almost tell if someone is an adult or a child as they talk different and have different views life stories etc.. I'm sure most people have an idea of what age I am (though I've never said it, based on how I post you can give a good guess) as I have a good idea of what age you are HP..

So I think the age thing wouldn't make a difference, or that much of one anyways.
Mmm... I can almost GUARANTEE you are off by quite a few years.

It actually changes how I look at people. It sometimes makes me feel more awkward knowing if I'm so much older or younger than a person. Say, you tell me you're 19, and I tell you I'm, say, 13. I would feel really awkward and I wouldn't feel as equal to you as I do now.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #228
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Tyrannus Rex
And that, unfortunately, is part of the problem. Anyone who makes a post or thread with differing views are usually deleted. Almost all "negative" things posted about WI are also deleted.
I'm not asking for it to be deleted. Just closed. Is there possibly anything more that anyone could say? I think that the purpose of the thread was to alert Justin and the mods/admins, and members to rules, consistency and solutions. I think they all have seen this and are working on it. Justin said himself that he has put a lot of thought into this thread. What more can you want? There comes a point when 'the point' has been made.

Last edited by Desty; 07-28-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #229
Wincest otp

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
Mmm... I can almost GUARANTEE you are off by quite a few years.

It actually changes how I look at people. It sometimes makes me feel more awkward knowing if I'm so much older or younger than a person. Say, you tell me you're 19, and I tell you I'm, say, 13. I would feel really awkward and I wouldn't feel as equal to you as I do now.
I will not argue with you there. It just feels like sometimes posts aren't as funny or meaningful without your age behind it.. Like lets say you blew up an empanada like I just did () it wouldn't be that shocking if a 9 yr old had done that but if a 40 year old did it'd be hilarious.

But I totally get your point.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #230
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
Thanks for clearing this up Justin. DDD does NOT seem like the type of member to do so, but stranger things have certainly happened, glad to know it wasn't this thread.

I agree with the age thing. I am not as old as a lot of members here, just telling by some who haven't seen the rules and post ages (before it's deleted) and I would feel very odd indeed and not knowing if some people would really like me anymore. The ages thing isn't only for safety, apparently.
I think that too. It would affect friendships. I mean, who says an 11 year old can't be great friends with someone 17 years old? Since it doesn't really happen comfortably in real life, that's why I like WI.
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer