Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #201
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by warmblood12211
I personally think that the extent of WI's rules are too much. I understand that in such a large forum it's important to consider safety but what's wrong with talking about family/ friend problems? Sometimes people have no one to talk to, and that's why they turn to people on the internet, on a forum they trust for advice. Life isn't censored, and trying to make WI a place full of bland, problemless, always happy people is unrealistic.

I mean, I think that it should have basic rules, no swearing, no giving personal information, nothing posted on the site that is extremely vulgar but when you just step back and look at all of WI's rules and think about them, you start to realize how unnessisary some are. I realize the mods and all are just average people, but I don't really see how that's an excuse for having certain rules that don't help anyone.

This is just my opinion, it doesn't have to be yours.
I think the Wi rules are pretty Basic. Yes there are extra rules in some sub-forums (i.e. Roleplaying, there are rules for them which go on top of wi rules).

As i look over the Absolutely Not allowed section of the WI rules (Click HERE), It all looks really basic... No posting personal information, no personal pictures, swearing, spam, ect. I don't know how you can get any more basic than "no swearing".

Then you scroll down to the red part. No trading out side the GE. Easy enough.

Scroll down some more ... guide lines (things we'd rather you NOT do), Dont make duplicate threads, dont be rude to people, don't put your GE in your avatar/signature. Easy.

Scroll down a little more ... What to expect in terms of moderation (whats going to happen if you break an "Absolutely not" rule. ... What you can expect from us (self explanitory) ... and Notes.

All in all, its not that complicated. Pretty basic if you ask me.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #202
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

View Post Originally Posted by hoodedwarbler13
What?! I never thought dotdotduck would do that! I wonder if their account was being hacked!
It wasn't hacked. She did do it. It suprised me and my friends as well.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #203
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
I think the Wi rules are pretty Basic. Yes there are extra rules in some sub-forums (i.e. Roleplaying, there are rules for them which go on top of wi rules).

As i look over the Absolutely Not allowed section of the WI rules (Click HERE), It all looks really basic... No posting personal information, no personal pictures, swearing, spam, ect. I don't know how you can get any more basic than "no swearing".

Then you scroll down to the red part. No trading out side the GE. Easy enough.

Scroll down some more ... guide lines (things we'd rather you NOT do), Dont make duplicate threads, dont be rude to people, don't put your GE in your avatar/signature. Easy.

Scroll down a little more ... What to expect in terms of moderation (whats going to happen if you break an "Absolutely not" rule. ... What you can expect from us (self explanitory) ... and Notes.

All in all, its not that complicated. Pretty basic if you ask me.
It is....and then threads are deleted for reasons not in the rules.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #204
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

The staff deletes threads they believe are not appropiate. Either they're duplicate threads, or they're about a topic not allowed, or things get out of hand. Remember, there may be rules at the top of some sub forums and sections.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #205
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

True but I still feel that some threads are deleted for reasons not stated in the rules. The ruels need to state every type of thread not allowed.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #206
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
True but I still feel that some threads are deleted for reasons not stated in the rules. The ruels need to state every type of thread not allowed.
That would probably be a long list, and as a result, people would be less likely to read them. Thought it would be nice to have.
But if you ever have a question about a thread you're making, PM a mod or admin before you make it, and make sure its okay.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #207
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
if you think a thread got deleted for no reason you can always pm a mod and ask why it was
softballipod is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #208
Webkinz :)

ginny19 defies all odds
ginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all odds

I have this fear of running into something on the internet the permanently scars me for life, because it happened to me once on another forum, and it scared me so much I left that site, even though other parts of the forums were fine. I'm still scared thinking about it, too.

What I love about WI, is that even in the Open Mike section, I don't have to be scared. I still tend to stay in the Webkinz-only areas because I'm paranoid, but even in the Open Mike, nothing to worry about. I feel safe, but can still talk openly, because I don't try to post things questionable.

I do think that the staff needs to be on the same page though. I've also had threads closed, then seen some just like it later, and the other is fine. It really does annoy the heck out of me. However, a list of threads we can and can't make doesn't sound right. Just an EDITABLE list of threads not allowed would be fine.
ginny19 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #209
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

This site could not possibly list EVERY single thing that might be deleted. It's like our law against 'disturbing the peace'. Obviously, the police can't go around telling people every possible thing that might fall under this category.
Or when your parents tell you to 'be nice'.
Just use common sense, have fun, and don't be so offended if something gets deleted. It happens. It's happened to me. I survived it. LOL
The mods and admins are not evil vampires with their fingers hovering over their delete buttons. They want to have fun here, and make it possible for everyone to have the best experience here possible.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #210
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Just wanted to address this because it's something typical that happens when someone is banned (assumptions made about why they were banned) and people will walk away from this thinking that dotdotduck was banned for this thread, which completely isn't the case!

The user decided, for unknown reasons, to change their avatar to one containing a bunch of a bad words in it.. They were subsequently reported and the staff banned them for it.

I don't want anyone to think that we don't allow these types of threads, or that you would get banned for creating or participating in one. These types of threads make all of us (both members and staff) think about WI and how to make it a better place.
She wanted to get banned.
First she said something and just got GG and stars taken away then she kept using the avatar to get banned.
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer