Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #191
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

I personally think that the extent of WI's rules are too much. I understand that in such a large forum it's important to consider safety but what's wrong with talking about family/ friend problems? Sometimes people have no one to talk to, and that's why they turn to people on the internet, on a forum they trust for advice. Life isn't censored, and trying to make WI a place full of bland, problemless, always happy people is unrealistic.

I mean, I think that it should have basic rules, no swearing, no giving personal information, nothing posted on the site that is extremely vulgar but when you just step back and look at all of WI's rules and think about them, you start to realize how unnessisary some are. I realize the mods and all are just average people, but I don't really see how that's an excuse for having certain rules that don't help anyone.

This is just my opinion, it doesn't have to be yours.
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 05:52 AM   #192
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by lps3cheese
Ps I'm really sad u got banned dotdotduck. I don't think u did anything wrong except this thread, which really needs to get more publicity.
Just wanted to address this because it's something typical that happens when someone is banned (assumptions made about why they were banned) and people will walk away from this thinking that dotdotduck was banned for this thread, which completely isn't the case!

The user decided, for unknown reasons, to change their avatar to one containing a bunch of a bad words in it.. They were subsequently reported and the staff banned them for it.

I don't want anyone to think that we don't allow these types of threads, or that you would get banned for creating or participating in one. These types of threads make all of us (both members and staff) think about WI and how to make it a better place.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #193
Webkinz :)

brick princess will become famous soon enough

I think MegMeg is right. Justin and Wendy do a lot of hard work to please a lot of people. Everybody, this is a great website! It makes WW more fun. I probably would be bored of WW by now if it weren't for all the great tips and info we get here. I've met a lot of great WI friends. BUT like everywhere else in the world there are rules and we must all respect and abide by them. For whatever reason dotdotduck changed his/her avatar - I don't know. I don't want that here and no one else should either.

What I mean is... we shouldn't even debate if rules are too strict or need to be changed. That is not what this site is for.

Last edited by brick princess; 07-28-2010 at 06:13 AM..
brick princess is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #194
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by softballipod
someone could say

"maybe if you slapped your brother that would solve everything. also you should throw his toys everywhere that would do it."

I may be over exagerating, but that's my point.
You're right.
Except I think people are usually joking when they say stuff like that xD
i love summer is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #195
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by brick princess
I think MegMeg is right. Justin and Wendy do a lot of hard work to please a lot of people. Everybody, this is a great website! It makes WW more fun. I probably would be bored of WW by now if it weren't for all the great tips and info we get here. I've met a lot of great WI friends. BUT like everywhere else in the world there are rules and we must all respect and abide by them. For whatever reason dotdotduck changed his/her avatar - I don't know. I don't want that here and no one else should either.

What I mean is... we shouldn't even debate if rules are too strict or need to be changed. That is not what this site is for.
I disagree. I believe if you like/care about something, then you try to make it better. Bringing up issues/opinions about WI and how to improve it is a good thing IMO.

View Post Originally Posted by softballipod
someone could say

"maybe if you slapped your brother that would solve everything. also you should throw his toys everywhere that would do it."

I may be over exagerating, but that's my point.
When you ask for advice, you risk getting bad ideas. Comes with the territory, and people know that. Most people would have the common sense not to do something that obviously wouldn't work.

I think that "light" family/friend issues should be allowed. (i.e. my friend is ignoring me, what should I do?" if fine "I'm getting beat up at school" not fine.)

Last edited by Ivie; 07-28-2010 at 09:11 AM..
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #196
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by warmblood12211
I personally think that the extent of WI's rules are too much. I understand that in such a large forum it's important to consider safety but what's wrong with talking about family/ friend problems? Sometimes people have no one to talk to, and that's why they turn to people on the internet, on a forum they trust for advice. Life isn't censored, and trying to make WI a place full of bland, problemless, always happy people is unrealistic.

I mean, I think that it should have basic rules, no swearing, no giving personal information, nothing posted on the site that is extremely vulgar but when you just step back and look at all of WI's rules and think about them, you start to realize how unnessisary some are. I realize the mods and all are just average people, but I don't really see how that's an excuse for having certain rules that don't help anyone.

This is just my opinion, it doesn't have to be yours.
They aren't nessicary for you, but for others of the younger age.
softballipod is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #197
Webkinz :)

kaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant future

Personally, I am uncomfortable with allowing threads to get into more personal discussions in regard to dating/family/medical issues. In fact, whenever a child posts asking for advice in regard to solving Webkinz-parent issues, I get a little stand-offish.

While I have always found the member advice in these situations to be a balance of common sense and compassion, it would be very easy for an adult member to give a piece of well-intentioned advice that could lead to issues for the child.

As a parent, I like WI because it's safe. I would be very upset if my child was receiving advice from unknown strangers behind keyboards on a forum that I thought was devoted to her favorite hobby.

On the flipside, I DO understand that forums can serve as a great outlet for those who feel lost in the world, or whose circumstances are less than ideal. (There have been a few posts that have made me wants to reach thru the screen and hug the writer!)

I guess, this debate is all about balance. That, in my mind, is a judgment call on the part of the people who run WI. I don't always agree with some of the decisions, but then, in my line of work - not everyone agrees with all of my decisions.

At the risk of having gak tossed at me...... We are guests in somebody else's home.
kaslina is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #198
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by kaslina
Personally, I am uncomfortable with allowing threads to get into more personal discussions in regard to dating/family/medical issues. In fact, whenever a child posts asking for advice in regard to solving Webkinz-parent issues, I get a little stand-offish.

While I have always found the member advice in these situations to be a balance of common sense and compassion, it would be very easy for an adult member to give a piece of well-intentioned advice that could lead to issues for the child.

As a parent, I like WI because it's safe. I would be very upset if my child was receiving advice from unknown strangers behind keyboards on a forum that I thought was devoted to her favorite hobby.

On the flipside, I DO understand that forums can serve as a great outlet for those who feel lost in the world, or whose circumstances are less than ideal. (There have been a few posts that have made me wants to reach thru the screen and hug the writer!)

I guess, this debate is all about balance. That, in my mind, is a judgment call on the part of the people who run WI. I don't always agree with some of the decisions, but then, in my line of work - not everyone agrees with all of my decisions.

At the risk of having gak tossed at me...... We are guests in somebody else's home.
I agree.
softballipod is offline Female
Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #199
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Post Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Just wanted to address this because it's something typical that happens when someone is banned (assumptions made about why they were banned) and people will walk away from this thinking that dotdotduck was banned for this thread, which completely isn't the case!

The user decided, for unknown reasons, to change their avatar to one containing a bunch of a bad words in it.. They were subsequently reported and the staff banned them for it.

I don't want anyone to think that we don't allow these types of threads, or that you would get banned for creating or participating in one. These types of threads make all of us (both members and staff) think about WI and how to make it a better place.
What?! I never thought dotdotduck would do that! I wonder if their account was being hacked!
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #200
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
Definitely... "not knowing" should not be taken as an excuse and that's good for them to not accept it.
Agreed.
The rules secion of the WIKI isn't that horribly wrong that you could never finish reading it. Its rather short, in my opinion.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♄, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer